Gutting the staff | Syracusefan.com

Gutting the staff

Cuse2010

Scout Team
Can we please stop with the gutting the staff. As of right now Hackett is the only one that went to Buffalo. I know rumors Wheatly may too...but that would be 2

All new coaches have not completed their staff yet, but as of now below are the positions TN & CIN are filling from the new coaches old staff.

Marone is gutting nothing

Tenesee
OC (&QB), DC (&LB), DL, TE, OL, S&C That would be 5 of 9 coaches plus S&C

Cincy
DC, DE, DB, DL, S&C 4 of 7 coaches & S&C

Sorry didn't mean to polute the board with some actual facts but my point is he needs to do his job, and if that means taking coaches he can trust from hereso be it he would not be doing anything the industry does not do regularly. Maybe he will take more but as of now it is 1 maybe 2, enough of wasting the time with he is satan, let's move on, he did help us get out of a big mess, now lets spend our energy supporting the new HC

Can we please stop with the gutting the staff. As of right now Hackett is the only one that went to Buffalo. I know rumors Wheatly may too...but that would be 2

All new coaches have not completed their staff yet, but as of now below are the positions TN & CIN are filling from the new coaches old staff.

Tenesee

Cincy
Meh. You can have your facts and confirmed info.

Me, I just like talking smack about Marrone.

Marrone's a Hoya.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Tenesee

Cincy
I know for a fact that Wheatley and Henderson inquired about housing in the Buffalo area.

Tenesee

Cincy

Well, at least one more is leaving the staff. If the rumors about Lester and Lea are true, then we're now one over the assistant coaches' limit. If Lester is coming on board as just the QB coach, then we have one more opening on the offensive side unless Moore, Adkins, or Wheatley are given the OC keys. But then Allen was told OC would be an outside hire, so that's two gone. And if Lea is coming on board as a LB coach, what about Morrison and Anselmo? So we have one gone for sure (Wheatley?), a second most likely leaving (Henderson?) to make numbers work again once an OC comes on board, and possibly three or four (Adkins to VT? Anselmo retiring?) going to even out offense and defense. This last scenario will leave us with the defense largely intact and the offense gutted, to use your word, except for Moore, who is a fine a position coach but not a dynamic recruiter by anyone's standards.

Shafer HC
Bullough DC
? OC/OL
Lester QB
Moore WR
? RB
Lea/Morrison LB
Daoust DL
? DB

From the begining I had the number I expected to leave for Buffalo at 4, which would be in line with normal, The 4 I expected would have been the OC, DC, henderson (an NFL guy) & Wheatly, who I was surprised had not left all ready. It is normal for that type turnover and is not "gutting the staff" it is what then profession is to say he is trying to destroy program and other comments of the like are just silly. Okay we all get it you don't like him, but he has not done nything to the program that TGD should not have been prepared for

From the begining I had the number I expected to leave for Buffalo at 4, which would be in line with normal, The 4 I expected would have been the OC, DC, henderson (an NFL guy) & Wheatly, who I was surprised had not left all ready. It is normal for that type turnover and is not "gutting the staff" it is what then profession is to say he is trying to destroy program and other comments of the like are just silly. Okay we all get it you don't like him, but he has not done nything to the program that TGD should not have been prepared for

I guess you've missed all the discussions on the how vs the what?

There's also this little difference between some random joe blow coach leaving a school and taking coaches, and an alum who so passionately professed his love and support of his alma mater.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No didn't miss the discussion just find them laugable, So he promised Gross he would take nobody from the staff ... sure he did, and it does not matter if its his Alma Mater he was hired to do a job and if that means hiring a coach he is comfortable with here than he should do it or he would not be doing his job. Let's not forget Gross said "Doug was communicating the whole time" but he probably lied about that...funny thing players seem okay or it would be all over the board how he screwed them. Quit acting like a bunch of 6th grade girls and move on and support the new coach, the fact you don't like him will not change

Another fact, Houston promoted from within and has 2 assistants form previous staff, it is normal in the profession to have caoches take a good number with them that is the nature of the busines the fact he is passionate about his alma mater does not mean he should not hire who he thinks can make him successful that would be a duraliction of duty, sorry I guess I am just a realist

In the Buffalo News today a columnist referred to Doug and Hackett as "the Syracuse mafia." They'll be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure, if Doug adds a couple more SU hires to his posse.

If I'm gutting a fish I want a top flight sharp knife that could cut through steel and it seems that Doug used a very dull one and it was slow and messy.

SU will be fine and Shafer is going to put us on the next level up, I have complete faith in that. Sometimes good things take time much like our new coach and his quest to finally be an HC.

I will say just five words: Wait until it plays out.
cto, is this one of those "calm the masses" posts or are you suggesting we hold on because this bumpy ride has a ways to go?

cto, is this one of those "calm the masses" posts or are you suggesting we hold on because this bumpy ride has a ways to go?
I don't think it was a calm the masses post. I think she means that Doug has gutted the staff.

I don't think it was a calm the masses post. I think she means that Doug has gutted the staff.
I agree, but the post implied to me that there may more to come. Just curious...even though I know cto always takes the high road.

I read cto's post as it will get better and that Shafer has and will take the high road in this.

I read cto's post as it will get better and that Shafer has and will take the high road in this.
Makes sense.

Maybe she has inside info on the OC hire and knows we'll all be excited.

Makes sense.

Maybe she has inside info on the OC hire and knows we'll all be excited.

That's what I'm hoping for!

I liked Hacketts/Marrones offense but sometimes it feels like a Johnny Bravo thing, does the guy fit the jacket? I don't want that, I want a guy that is going to perfect the past and take it up a few notches.

I read it as CTO is joining the staff as the recruiting coordinator. I am sure she has great NE contacts

Probably why there is so much talk about Wining. She does love her wine and those on the inside were just giving us clues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom