Guys, whats the deal | Syracusefan.com

Guys, whats the deal

edowd26

Hall of Fame
I see 4 (now 5) threads about UConn. You don't see me making threads about south Dakota state. So why are we making threads about this mid major?

Lets not be concerned with what they are doing. Because then their fanbase will think we still care and are envious. Which we are not. The tide has turned, we are above them. We have sustainability.

Bit of overkill, but one of my favorite things about this board is the huge number of posts and long threads we have about other teams and games. Two big games last night and several threads about each makes the best fan message board for college hoops.

Bit of overkill, but one of my favorite things about this board is the huge number of posts and long threads we have about other teams and games. Two big games last night and several threads about each makes the best fan message board for college hoops.
I definitely agree that I do love the banter. But seeing Yukon on this forum that many times makes me want to punch orphans on Christmas morning.

Huh, i think i deleted my post by accident...heres what it was:

Ah-freakin-men. While we are at it, the fishing for like threads need to stop as well. They are cluttering up the board.
^^^^Post fishing for likes^^^^

:D Actually, I agree with you. The like-inflation factor has gone sky high.

Well, we may not be posting about SDSU, but we are posting about NDSU on the football forum

Because as much as people on here hate to admit it, UConn had become THE rival. I can't remember the last G'town thread I seen in here.

Absolutely no question about it. Great point.

Because as much as people on here hate to admit it, UConn had become THE rival. I can't remember the last G'town thread I seen in here.

Certainly not in my mind. GTown will forever be hated in my household. UConn just got in the way a few times.

I see 4 (now 5) threads about UConn. You don't see me making threads about south Dakota state. So why are we making threads about this mid major?

Lets not be concerned with what they are doing. Because then their fanbase will think we still care and are envious. Which we are not. The tide has turned, we are above them. We have sustainability.

You are correct in that we have a better team than they do this year. But the board needs to emotionally brace themselves for the fact that UConn has what it takes to get to a Final Four this year.

A home loss against a good but not great team does not eliminate a team from title contention. If it did, our 2010 team would have been screwed.

You are correct in that we have a better team than they do this year. But the board needs to emotionally brace themselves for the fact that UConn has what it takes to get to a Final Four this year.

A home loss against a good but not great team does not eliminate a team from title contention. If it did, our 2010 team would have been screwed.
I am aware. But I really don't think they will get out of the first weekend. They used up all their magic in 2011. Can they get to the FF? Sure, this year there is tons of parity. Do I think they will? No. Will I be upset if they do? Naw, its just a game.

Every thread post I see where you have multiple likes... I'm sending in jim with half naked ladies. You'll never get to 3100.

I'm going back through every single one of your posts and removing any likes I have granted to you. It's ON!

Every thread post I see where you have multiple likes... I'm sending in jim with half naked ladies. You'll never get to 3100.
Not even Jim can stop me. The thunder I am bringing. Fudge. That was lightning. Wait, wait, I'll get it. :)
Yoda-stopping-lightning.gif

I think all UConn threads should be nuked. That way we can justify another "Like" thread, although one was viciously and heinously nuked last night after it barely got started. What was up with that? Why did it get nuked? For Sega NHL videos?

Jim...was it you? Tell the truth, now, buddy. ;)

I think all UConn threads should be nuked. That way we can justify another "Like" thread, although one was viciously and heinously nuked last night after it barely got started. What was up with that? Why did it get nuked? For Sega NHL videos?

Jim...was it you? Tell the truth, now, buddy. ;)
Wow, just realized the second sega genesis thread was also nuked. Is this site owned by Nintendo?
:eek:

We'll see. I'm not buying this "Napier is the best player in college basketball" narrative. I'd take Fair, Grant and Ennis over him any day. He's the only consistent player on their team and unless they get a favorable draw I'm not seeing them out of the 2nd round - as of now. They very well could come together and make a run but their 2012 team had a ton of talent that never came together, so not guaranteed this team will. You would expect more from a team with a bunch of upperclassmen.

UConn is such a weird program though since their 04 title. Feast or famine. 2nd round, Elite 8, no post season, 1st round, Final Four, NIT, National Champion, 1st round, and banned from the Tournament (though probably either NIT or no post season).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom