H0T Takes after 1 game and apparently no practice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

H0T Takes after 1 game and apparently no practice

To me it was the statement that because we won it's tough to argue that the right call was made.

Yeah, “we won” does NOT mean “JB clearly made all the right decisions”.

There’s such a thing as winning in spite of some bad decisions.
Of which, playing Joe 20/20 minutes in the 2nd half when he was hot garbage for 15 of those, was such a decision.

JB is not infallible.

To me it was the statement that because we won it's tough to argue that the right call was made.
I hear you, but i think that the fact that we won plus the fact that Joe played better down the stretch (and hit two huge 3s!) makes it a bit silly to argue that JB got it wrong.

Having said that, I would’ve sat Joe in the 2nd half, for sure. But then again, I’m still searching for my first D-1 coaching victory, and JB has over a thousand (and got another one yesterday by doing it his way).

Who gave us the best chance of winning last night?

The experienced PG who played last season with Buddy, Quincy and Marek, or the rookie PG who's never played a D1 game before (and missed 14 days of team chemistry building practice)?

JB says that 34 minutes of Joe was the correct answer. And since we won last night, it's tough to argue that he made the wrong call.

Can anyone prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that we still win last night with 15-20 minutes of Kadary, or with 15-20 minutes of Jesse / Frank / JBA?
If our team barely won yesterday, does that mean Boeheim was barely right? :rolleyes:

I agree with people who are saying that Boeheim was working on the psychology of the players. Joe was struggling. I was yelling at the coach to take him out. But Boeheim thought that move could undercut his confidence, and left him in. Kadary is a freshman who is talented and obviously wants to play. But if Boeheim puts him in and he messes up in the very first game of his college career, confidence takes a hit.

I believe both of these decisions were supportive of these two players. I like it when Boeheim is supportive. JMHO.

If our team barely won yesterday, does that mean Boeheim was barely right? :rolleyes:

I agree with people who are saying that Boeheim was working on the psychology of the players. Joe was struggling. I was yelling at the coach to take him out. But Boeheim thought that move could undercut his confidence, and left him in. Kadary is a freshman who is talented and obviously wants to play. But if Boeheim puts him in and he messes up in the very first game of his college career, confidence takes a hit.

I believe both of these decisions were supportive of these two players. I like it when Boeheim is supportive. JMHO.

yes, it means he was barely right, but I'll take barely right over any type of wrong every day.

It is a bit early to draw all of these conclusions.

Why is that? It's most of the same guys from last year.
The new ones look promising, so he probably won't play them much.

Although we would probably all learn something if we just focused on what JB does right, it would make for a pretty boring forum.

What did Boeheim "do right" last night?
Keep Joe in for 36 minutes, even though he was 0 for 10 from three at one point?

Watch Buddy make half-hearted efforts on defense that people would call you out for in a pick-up game?

Not play any of the young centers for more than a couple minutes each, to see if they can improve over what he sees in practice?

Not play Kadary after he looked good in the first half?

Keep Joe in for 36 minutes, even though he was 0 for 10 from three at one point?

Watch Buddy make half-hearted efforts on defense that people would call you out for in a pick-up game?

Not play any of the young centers for more than a couple minutes each, to see if they can improve over what he sees in practice?

Put Marek at center and feeding him in the high post.

Finding the right combo to go on an 11-0 run and get us back in the game.

Not play the young centers much, because we would’ve lost if he did.

Ran the offense through Marek? Went with the press for a lot of the game? Played Griffin most of the game?

That’s all I got. Honestly you could ask would JB did right last night and the list would be pretty short. Not saying he just rolls the ball out... but man it gets harder and harder to find the strategery with each passing season.

Put Marek at center and feeding him in the high post.

Finding the right combo to go on an 11-0 run and get us back in the game.

Not play the young centers much, because we would’ve lost if he did.

If playing Marek at center was a good thing, then I wonder why we have literally four more centers on the roster.

Yes, we did win the game. Do you think this was probably the easiest game on the schedule?

Ran the offense through Marek? Went with the press for a lot of the game? Played Griffin most of the game?

That’s all I got. Honestly you could ask would JB did right last night and the list would be pretty short. Not saying he just rolls the ball out... but man it gets harder and harder to find the strategery with each passing season.

Yes, I liked all three of those things, too. Marek was terrific distributing from the high post. I would like to see them work in some back cuts from the wings, because I know he could throw that pass. Griffin does look like a nice player.

If playing Marek at center was a good thing, then I wonder why we have literally four more centers on the roster.

Yes, we did win the game. Do you think this was probably the easiest game on the schedule?

It would’ve been the easiest game on the schedule...if we’d been able to practice like normal.

Marek is a senior and those other guys are freshmen and soph’s. Their time will come if they earn it.

poll 10 hall of fame coaches & i bet 10 make the same call that jb did

it was the right move and secretly the ones who are bitching the most about it are the most happy he did it because it gives them a nail to use the one tool in their bag on

it was the right move and secretly the ones who are bitching the most about it are the most happy he did it because it gives them a nail to use the one tool in their bag on
Baghdad Bob with another classic.

Poll 10 HOF coaches and ask them if they wouldn’t have a made a sub when their players weren’t playing well?
My god you create as many strawman as you accuse the people bitching about the team to.
Continue being Baghdad Bob.

Can you believe we have actual fans who think other fans want to lose?

My god dealing with this chit in football. All we want is a team to friggin be a competitive team.

Hopefully Townie is doing alright in the pandemic he hasn’t posted since it began.
I just was going to say the same thing. Hope it's merely been a hiatus from the board once bball ended, given he's mainly a bball contributor.

Keep reminding us of this when this season is in the books, and Joe and Buddy have played 36 minutes a game again.

Keep reminding us of this when this season is in the books, and Joe and Buddy have played 36 minutes a game again.
tenor.gif

Can you believe we have actual fans who think other fans want to lose?

My god dealing with this chit in football. All we want is a team to friggin be a competitive team.

Hopefully Townie is doing alright in the pandemic he hasn’t posted since it began.

He was last seen in September. Keep posting and he will be back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom