Ha Ha Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Ha Ha Kentucky

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
They make the NIT and can't even play in their own arena because it booked for the week with the NCAA tournament. Suck it Cal!

Easiest bet next week will be vs Kentucky in NIT.

Kids will not care.

thought i read on here no way UK was getting worse than a 10 seed

NIT usually played on NCAA off-days. Will probably play at home, I would think.

NIT usually played on NCAA off-days. Will probably play at home, I would think.
I'd think it'd be too much trouble coordinating a NIT game with practices for the NCAA teams.

They were preseason #3! Is that the highest ranked preseason team that didnt team the tourney?

File this under "You never know...".
When Nerlens hired on committed to Kentucky, the consensus was that Kentucky was odds-on to be Repeat Champs because of this, and how did Georgetown even get consideration?
Right now, if he had picked either SU or G'town he would be on a NC favorite. Really odd to look back at how we felt a year ago.

Cal also takes a pretty significant hit financially by not making the tourney. $350k.

thought i read on here no way UK was getting worse than a 10 seed

Who said that? Everything I read here said they shouldn't get in, but because they're UK the committee would sneak them into the play in game.

Who said that? Everything I read here said they shouldn't get in, but because they're UK the committee would sneak them into the play in game.

There was someone on here (don't remember who) who said they'd do no worse than a 10.

At least now maybe we can get rid of the idea that the committee will favor a big, well known team like UK over the little guys.

Few people have as much dislike for UK as I do but I gotta admit I don't see either Lasalle or Middle Tennessee St having better resumes. Lasalle's (21-9) best wins are Nova, VCU & Butler while they lost to Central Conencticut St. UK (21-11) beat Ole Miss, Missouri, and Florida. Worst loss is probably Vandy. Middle Tenn St? Played and lost to Florida, Akron, Belmont. Only win is Ole Miss. Lost to Florida International and Arkansas St. Great they went 19-1 in the Sun Belt. They didn't deserve the bid. Not saying UK did either but they did before these 2 teams.

Few people have as much dislike for UK as I do but I gotta admit I don't see either Lasalle or Middle Tennessee St having better resumes. Lasalle's (21-9) best wins are Nova, VCU & Butler while they lost to Central Conencticut St. UK (21-11) beat Ole Miss, Missouri, and Florida. Worst loss is probably Vandy. Middle Tenn St? Played and lost to Florida, Akron, Belmont. Only win is Ole Miss. Lost to Florida International and Arkansas St. Great they went 19-1 in the Sun Belt. They didn't deserve the bid. Not saying UK did either but they did before these 2 teams.

Lasalle had a better record and played in a tougher conference than UK.

They will definitely be highly ranked preseason next year and early favorites to win it all, too. Depending on which players leave, they will probably be similar to last year's team with a good mix of freshmen and sophomore stars with a talented upperclassman (Wiltjer, or whatever his name is). Unless Cal gets caught up in a scandal, his system is guaranteed a great team at least every other year.

They will definitely be highly ranked preseason next year and early favorites to win it all, too. Depending on which players leave, they will probably be similar to last year's team with a good mix of freshmen and sophomore stars with a talented upperclassman (Wiltjer, or whatever his name is). Unless Cal gets caught up in a scandal, his system is guaranteed a great team at least every other year.

Yeah they have one of the greatest classes in history (at least based on the rankings) coming in next year

Except all the UK freshman are thinking about leaving. Noel, Poythress, Goodwin and Cauley-Stein have all been predicted as 1st round picks on various draft sites. I doubt they all leave. Could 4 freshman from a non-tournament team really all be 1st rounders?

Easiest bet next week will be vs Kentucky in NIT.

Kids will not care.

Sure they will. . . they'll be fighting to establish themselves as the nation's #69 Team.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom