Hackett is atrocious** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hackett is atrocious**

I think the offense is the best it's been all year for an entire game. Nassib has time to throw, the RB's have room to run, and another WR makes an entrance. I'm not going to get all upset about what I consider to be a couple stupid play calls.

Good post. Strange thread here -- that was clearly our most balanced performance of the season. Reason #322 why you shouldn't post intra-game

You guys are why fans don't come to games - negative nelly syndrome on this board. Bunch a dumb@$$e$ if you ask me if you are complaining about a win. As coach said after the RI win - "We are not good enough to have a bad win"

You guys are why fans don't come to games - negative nelly syndrome on this board. Bunch a dumb@$$e$ if you ask me if you are complaining about a win. As coach said after the RI win - "We are not good enough to have a bad win"
That's my new signature :)

There was ONE sequence where I was questioning the calls. Other than that I can't complain, we moved the ball well on the ground and in the air.

33 points? Did that even happen under previous OC? Toledo had a LOT of seniors on defense, I felt good about our performance and play calling today.

Lol. People like you aren't even worth debating. You have your head stuck so deep in the sand that it's not possible that there can be a quality MAC team. I'm sure their AA WR is just imaginary and the fact that they almost beat Ohio State at OSU is a figment of my imagination as well. Enjoy being miserable in your land of unrealistic expectations after a win. We're 3-1 and we've beaten 2 quality teams, regardless of what your warped impression of Toledo is.

This is the third game for Toledo that I've seen. They obviously have talent and are probably the best team in their conference, but I don't care what anyone else does. I expect us to not lose to a MAC team.

To quote TGD, when SU plays a MAC team, how many times should it win out of 100: 100.

I dont know what anyone is complaining about. We just put 33 points on the scoreboard and we havnt seen that in years. I dont know why you guys think this is bad playcalling. I think its just our guys not understanding that getting out of the gates is important and also out of halftime.

It takes our guys 10 mins on each end to get going and moving, seems like they dont want to attack but rather sit back and see what the other team has and then attack if they can

The players are better than they've been in years. Hackett's playcalling was horrendous today. His playcalling at the end of the first half was inexcusable and nearly cost the team the game.

offensive playcalling in the 2nd half was poor. Against a better team we would been screwed. It was clear Toledo couldn't stop the pass and in the 2nd half for the most part we got away from it and only passed the ball when needed. I didn't understand that

Your expectations may be too high. We are not on a level to go in and blow anybody out at this stage. They played balls the the wall last week. Came back and grunted another game out this week.

I was frustrated with some of the play calling. Bigger picture here though. West had a couple of nice catches. Gulley has some nice runs. Still some mistakes. I am not certain on this but it seemed like we had less penalties today.

We had enough to get the win and get the job done. Just have to keep building on it.

The players are better than they've been in years. Hackett's playcalling was horrendous today. His playcalling at the end of the first half was inexcusable and nearly cost the team the game.

Disagree as a whole. I thought thebplaycalling was pretty decent overall especially in the first half. However the end of first half play calling Was indefensible. Gave them a free 3 in that spot with the piss poor clock management.

However, overall it Certainly wasn't horrendous by any stretch though.

the offseason?? we are in game # 4

I mean, from a coaching personnel standpoint. they probably won't fire anyone midseason unless the team loses 5 consecutive games.

They will need to bring in some firepower on the offensive side, & an assistant who has better recruiting connections.

This is the third game for Toledo that I've seen. They obviously have talent and are probably the best team in their conference, but I don't care what anyone else does. I expect us to not lose to a MAC team.

To quote TGD, when SU plays a MAC team, how many times should it win out of 100: 100.
I love when people bend quotes to use them to make their point.
The question to Gross was: How many times should SU beat AKRON over 1000 games.
Dr Gross's Answer: 1000.

I love when people bend quotes to use them to make their point.
The question to Gross was: How many times should SU beat AKRON over 1000 games.
Dr Gross's Answer: 1000.

Correct, and Toledo too. Do you think if you asked that to Dr. Gross or Doug Marrone before the game today they'd say "most of the time"?

people need to separate play calls from results.. we had the ball 4 times in the first half with no punts. one of those we threw too much.

are people expecting that well will call perfect drives every time with the talent we have?

Correct, and Toledo too. Do you think if you asked that to Dr. Gross or Doug Marrone before the game today they'd say "most of the time"?
I agree with you, but I'm pointing out you jumbled the quote. And also, I'd rather lose to the best MAC team than a 1-AA team, something Va Tech and Duke have done in the last few years. Also, Toledo has beat a D1-A team each of the last 6 years. Losing to Toledo is not the end of the world. Akron on the other hand, is an atrocious MAC team and we should never lose to them.

I agree with you, but I'm pointing out you jumbled the quote. And also, I'd rather lose to the best MAC team than a 1-AA team, something Va Tech and Duke have done in the last few years. Also, Toledo has beat a D1-A team each of the last 6 years. Losing to Toledo is not the end of the world. Akron on the other hand, is an atrocious MAC team and we should never lose to them.

It was on purpose to make the point. I'd rather not lose to either, and our expectation should be to not lose to either one.

It was on purpose to make the point. I'd rather not lose to either, and our expectation should be to not lose to either one.

We didn't lose.

the offense was fine ---defense needs the work-----did we see the same game??

we won though. you said we'd get drilled.

Don't agree at all.

The offense does some nice things and the playcalling is fine.

The Orange scored when it needed to score and but for the bad snap, the missed TD long throw to Chew and the missed fourth and a foot, the scoring would have been better.

Marrone and Hacket I'm sure are on the same page and I'm not worried about it.

if you run 70 plays with not really above avg talent you have to expect some plays will be duds. people also dont get the flow of the plays. when the Toledo player got hurt that took the wind out of that whole series. A player missed a block and the play dies, doesnt mean the call was bad. and we didnt get agressive on a couple 3rd and longs for a reason.

AND we DIDN'T...

Don't agree at all.

The offense does some nice things and the playcalling is fine.

The Orange scored when it needed to score and but for the bad snap, the missed TD long throw to Chew and the missed fourth and a foot, the scoring would have been better.

Marrone and Hacket I'm sure are on the same page and I'm not worried about it.

I lost it when we went run, run, run, punt.

I lost it when we went run, run, run, punt.
A lot of teams run, run, run, punt.

I just think that complaining about playcalling is a useless exercise - everybody complains about playcalling at some point.

I have to trust the coaches and the gameplan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom