Hackett is atrocious** | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hackett is atrocious**

yup.. in the first half we went pass pass pass FG.. is that really better?

wait a second , this thread is about complaining about the offense ?

they gave up 438 yards today.

offense isn't great from a yards perspective but at least they're scoring

Everyone knew the defense would be bad today. 2 best starters out, and 3rd limited (Spruill) against a battle tested offense on the other team. I was much more impressed with the defense than the offense. Everyone can look at final numbers, but a defense with walk ons playing came up with some big stops today at key times.

Offense left points off the board. They had their moments. But this was a very bad defense we were playing against. Very bad. And also without key starters. I'm glad we did enough to win, but we were lucky to win only getting 3 TDs today. I don't put it all on Hackett, but we need to play better. We're not going to keep playing defenses as bad as today or URI, 3 TDs won't do it.

This is the third game for Toledo that I've seen. They obviously have talent and are probably the best team in their conference, but I don't care what anyone else does. I expect us to not lose to a MAC team.

To quote TGD, when SU plays a MAC team, how many times should it win out of 100: 100.

That's funny--in the days leading up to the game, a ton of posters suggested we had no chance against Toledo's high powered offense, that they'd put 40+ up on us, that they gave Ohio State all they could handle and therefore we'd be overmatched, etc.

We beat them, and now it's: "they're only a MAC team."

Hilarious.

We were outgained and Macky threw a ball 20 yards back for a turnover. We're incredibly lucky to have won that game.

Yes, we scored 33 points... on a MAC team. I don't care how good they are in their conference, they are a MAC team and going to OT with them and worse, getting outgained, is unacceptable for our program. And this should be the expectation.
They lost to Ohio State University. We put up 30 points basically in 3 qtrs because of that first drive come on give me a break, we beat a good team today

A lot of teams run, run, run, punt.

I just think that complaining about playcalling is a useless exercise - everybody complains about playcalling at some point.

I have to trust the coaches and the gameplan.

Show me a single ing Top 15 team that does that and I'll give you 50 dollars. It's about the ing pass. We are supposedly running a West Coast system, why do I see 3 draw/dive plays in a row?

No excuses for the offense today. I really thought they'd be better than this.

Easily our best offensive game of the year and look at the patheticness of this thread

Show me a single ******* Top 15 team that does that and I'll give you 50 dollars. It's about the ******* pass. We are supposedly running a West Coast system, why do I see 3 draw/dive plays in a row?

Apparently you have never seen LSU play ...

My thinking was that Toledo struggled against the pass and had a couple of db guys hurt along with filling the box and that's why I wanted more passing. But, I have to differ to the coaches and what their plans were along with game time adjustments. Maybe it was because the SU D was so banged up they thought they could take some time off the clock to help them out. Sometimes fans just don't have the same the same excess to what's going on as the coaches do, just a guess though.

the offense was improved and hackett is doing a great job with the hand he is dealt. plus i lke the fact that ne has gottee ryan to the point that if he doesn't like the call he can change it. we all have complained, PARTICULARLY ME, about the run game. today they showed vast improvement.

borrowing a phrase from Keith Jackson, "whoa Nelly". This is a very young squad with loads of injuries that have forced many true frosh into playing time for which their inexperience has cost us. I was not happy with the initial call of the game, a run; however I realize that we must establish the run or every team we play will stack the box and force us to play a one-dimensional game.
We won, against a quality opponent. IMO, we keep improving, in every game and what more can we ask of this young group? Also look at the poise and accuracy of Ryan Nassib; that is the result of coaching.

Easily our best offensive game of the year and look at the patheticness of this thread

It was the worst defense we'll face (other than maybe URI). I can guarantee this offense is not close to where Marrone thought it would be by now. 4 of 7 2nd half possessions went nowhere. 3 of 7 didn't even have a first down.

But it's great to escape with a win, real season starts next week.

I guess the real issue with this thread is that some people have wayyyy too high expectations for this team. Yes, I know that the offense was going to be the strength of this team and how well the offense was coming together during the offseason, etc, etc. However, they are clearing dealing with some growing pains. The playcallings, if conservative at times, are obviously for a reason. Hackett, Marrone and Adkins know something is clearly an issue so they avoid calling certain plays.

The bottom line is this: we are 3-1 with BE football starting next week. Did some of you really think we were going to be like the NO Saints offense at this point? If so, might as well stop watching now.

Show me a single ******* Top 15 team that does that and I'll give you 50 dollars. It's about the ******* pass. We are supposedly running a West Coast system, why do I see 3 draw/dive plays in a row?

What the hell do you care what the system is called. Call it the crap in a bag offensive system - the only thing that matters is winning. Your going to complain about running the ball when running the ball won us the game. So you would rather we passed more and lost the game because it would look prettier on your TV set. Unreal.

We're not even a top 15 team :bat:

To be the kind of offense I hope SU is going to be is an offense that can pass or run. I'm not talking about that stupid 200-200 thing but a team that can do both in order to win the game and sometimes one has more success than the other depending on the opponent and flow of the game. Hackett isn't perfect by any means as no one is but he's doing a fine job overall and if the defense can heal, continue to improve and be more productive I think we'll see better numbers from our offense as well.

I'm more worried about our lack of tackling than I am about this offense.

Ga. Tech.

Next question.

AND we DIDN'T...

We were one terrible call from doing so. We should be happy there's a W, but unhappy with our performance.

I take a win however we can get it, but that doesn't mean we should be happy about how we played.

Do we run the triple option? No, we ******* don't.

Neither does LSU or Bama ... if you send a check just make sure it doesn't bounce.

Do we run the triple option? No, we ******* don't.

Your question did not limit the answer to a particular formation or play series.

The fact is that there are many teams in college football who run the ball a lot.

The Orange runs a fairly well-balanced offense. Heck Nassib had two TD passes and nearly three or four yesterday.

This really is a pointless discussion.

To be the kind of offense I hope SU is going to be is an offense that can pass or run. I'm not talking about that stupid 200-200 thing but a team that can do both in order to win the game and sometimes one has more success than the other depending on the opponent and flow of the game. Hackett isn't perfect by any means as no one is but he's doing a fine job overall and if the defense can heal, continue to improve and be more productive I think we'll see better numbers from our offense as well.

I'm more worried about our lack of tackling than I am about this offense.
200-200 is stupid.

Why would anyone set such a goal - 200 rushing and 200 passing yards?

Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom