Hackett is atrocious! | Syracusefan.com

Hackett is atrocious!

PhatOrange

Living Legend
I said that a couple of weeks ago. I'll say tonight that he called a great game. People will say that the difference was players executed tonight and that is VERY true. Things would've been a lot different though if the runs between the guards didn't get positive yardage. However, here's why I loved Hackett's play calling tonight. He finally went back to some plays that worked - during the same game. That was one of my biggest gripes - something worked and we never saw it again. Tonight something worked and we saw it later on. He went back to stuff that was working instead of some script. Kudos to Hackett.

Agreed and i have been tough on him. Tonight he came of age. Lets hope we keep the MO going. My hat is off to the staff as they had a perfect game plan in place on both sides of the ball. Also the Oline played lights out and if they can keep this up the rest of the year we are going to be tough to beat

We were aggressive. Good things happen when you play to win.

agree on all points in this thread - that was how you call and execute a football game

That's what Marrone said, they weren't going back to things that were working in games. The TE wheel routes were great.

On WVU's first TD, I worried it might be their night eventually.

On the Bailey pass to Lemon, I realized it was definitely ours.

Best part about the offense was that so many people contributed. In no particular order, Nassib, Bailey, Smith, Moore, Graham, Provo, Stevens, Chew, Lemon, West, Wales. Each of them can point to at least 1 play, if not more, where they made a significant impact on the game. And pretty much the entire OL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom