Hackett says he got lots of hate mail too... | Syracusefan.com

Hackett says he got lots of hate mail too...

supp

Hall of Fame
Who's writing these letters? Given the size and apathy of this fanbase, I'm shocked that there actually people out there who have the time and inclination to put pen to paper for something like this.

If that is true then the NFL fans might drive him to quit and go work at Burger King... Thin skin is not good while coaching

Who's writing these letters? Given the size and apathy of this fanbase, I'm shocked that there actually people out there who have the time and inclination to put pen to paper for something like this.
I'm beginning to wonder if this whole "hate mail" thingy is nothing more than a smoke screen to cover their tracks down I90.

Why would you bring this stuff up? Makes me think that both DM and NH are using this issue to justify their exit strategy. But then again, I could be wrong.

If that is true then the NFL fans might drive him to quit and go work at Burger King... Thin skin is not good while coaching

Who said he was thin-skinned? He just said that he got them.

I'm calling bull.

You know who still writes letters? Old ladies. How many old ladies in the greater CNY area really care about Marrone and Hackett?

Enough of this nonsense.

After reading some of the ridiculous crap posted on here the past four days, I'm not surprised.

Their email addresses are readily available. If these dopes are willing to post moronic over reactive stuff here, and post even worse stuff in the comments and forum on the PS site, they certainly can send emails too.

After reading some of the ridiculous crap posted on here the past four days, I'm not surprised.

Their email addresses are readily available. If these dopes are willing to post moronic over reactive stuff here, and post even worse stuff in the comments and forum on the PS site, they certainly can send emails too.

Yeah, I think at other schools they'd have gotten barraged with it because Marrone wasn't quite tactful enough so there was initial dissapointment, and when Hackett wasn't announced in conjuncture with DM so fans could get over it...the fans moved on an got excited for a team next year with him as OC. So when he was announced two days later fans were outraged.

SU football was looking like it hadn't in 10 years. And if you don't think we are wholly incapable of acting like SEC fanbases please remind yourself that we have one of the biggest and most passionate BB fanbases (you can easily call us the best fanbase in college hoops easy) so we're hardly D3.

Sorry, you are going to get overreactions when Hackett gets announced as going to Buffalo 2 days later when everyone moved on and was getting pumped for next season.

Come on, you don't think Kelly isn't getting the same crap from ND fans? What happens if he waits a couple days after getting his job ot take Diaco? They probably get more upset.

I still have a week or two to get completely over it and not be mad at Hackett and Marrone. Wouldn't send them hate mail but I am still upset.

Why wasn't the two of them leaving announced at the same time? It can only be because Marrones first choices said no to living in Buffalo.

so far Kelly, has been accused of killing a kid, he should be stoned, he is a loser , a moron thats some of the comments, if you think hate email to a coach or bad comments on a board happen only at Syracuse your wrong, I wont resort to name calling like this Tep person who complains about people saying bad things about the coaches by calling people cockroaches and dopes and morons which is very ironic. Also calling out Players on a message board happens everywhere the poor QB as FSU was lambasted for costing them to lose to Florida. Thick skin is required when your a public figure because there are haters and name callers everywhere.

People need to get a grasp the hate mail is over the top but its not unique to Syracuse. go anywhere except maybe Alabama and you will see things posted that makes you wonder about people. unfortunately peoples family are also targets which shows the depth of some peoples intelligence however it also is not unique to Syracuse. In some places the coaches family cannot sit anywhere near other fans, also sad reality, which in this case comments made by Buzz Shaw would apply.

The other thing is people can't seem to find any humour or obvious sarcasm they just come in breathing fire and name calling its sad really,

Absolutely disappointing that Hackett and Marrone received this type of mail and the issue has gotten public.

Absolutely naive to think Syracuse Football has an exclusive patent on this occurrence.

Idiots.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Exactly bees.

I know that this might be considered blasphemy... and it would rip out part of my heart if SU was to plunge back to the depths where GROB left it... but I must make this statement.

I love Syracuse football and am very passionate about it... HOWEVER, it is JUST A GAME. Some people need to settle down and get a grip.

Poor baby. Grow up, use delete button and do your job. If he is sensitive over Syracuse fans, just wait until he guys to NFL. He'll be sobbing in fetal position as he hides in his closet

SU needs to stop making their email addresses public. Create a shared Inbox for SU Football and assign a staffer to read thru it, forward what's important, delete the junk.

People are stupid. That part isn't changing, and it isn't unique to SU.

Anyone who would take the time and spend the energy to send hate mail to a college football coach is probably an ignorant, self-important jackass with few friends and close to no joy in life or pride in themselves.

That said, I've had seasons in the Food Stamp section and can attest that there is a large enough pool of ignorant, self-important jackasses with few friends and no real joy in life of pride in themselves that odds are a dozen or so letters were received.

But if you really want to be hated, run for your local school board. I guarantee the hate filled vitriol will know no bounds- mail, e-mail, texts, letters to the editor, comments to your wife and kids...

I suppose the use of transference through hate is big for some that are bitter or over the top but this is not and by a long shot just a Syracuse thing. I'd also like to add that making this into something big could hurt us if writers pick this up and blow it out of proportion like some writers tend to do. Every coach gets hate (e)mail from high school and up. I think Hackett was just commenting on it and not making a big deal of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom