Hackett says he got lots of hate mail too... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hackett says he got lots of hate mail too...

Anyone in the world of revenue base sports needs to understand is that there are two types of people in the sports world. Those who help pay your paycheck, the fans. And those who are mad at the fact that you earn such a large paycheck, the letter writers. Either way the paycheck and notoriety are part of the job which I am confident falls in the positive category more then the negative. I believe this complaint falls under the category of not being prepared for the big leagues, because wait until Marrone or Hackett are being ripped apart on ESPN instead of SNY. Or the way they are screamed at and treated on Bills message boards by Millhouse. Enjoy it gentlement.

Hackett responded to my positive email sent after the NW game and said he didn't read email until after the season was over. Since he responded in December I believe him. I think he probably responded because it was one of the few positive ones!

I sent the e-card to every member of the football staff as well as to TGD. The only receipt I did not get was Marrone's. THe card was sent to him on Dec 24 - he probably was already halfway down the Thruway by then.

I should remember to think about sending one to Shafer if he hits a rough spot next year. Chicken soup - couldn't hurt!

I find it hard to believe that our coaching staff is unaware of the third rule of College Coach Club (the first two are not talking about it):
HATERS.jpg

That said, I've had seasons in the Food Stamp section and can attest that there is a large enough pool of ignorant, self-important jackasses with few friends.

Could you post your section, row and seat number?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I used to have a guy that sat behind me and he was like Johnny from the Karate Kid screaming that Nassib couldn't make a Pop Warner team. That was one brutal year, not the games but to listen to that.

Could you post your section, row and seat number?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Only if I can do so using your name and mailing address.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

But , but!????

What about that lovely e-card we all signed and sent to the coaching staff? Nary a mention.

An ecard? I must have been out of town when that post when out. But seriously, really? Why are we bringing this up? We need to be focused on better things. Marrone and Hackett have solved their problem by moving on, so lets do the same. Now we really need to find out who are the OC candidates that ZA spoke about, since our recruits are like our best source for inside information now days.

idk, hate mail has a certain conotation to me, and if someone is really stupid enough to send "hate mail" via the intenet, it's probably a crime of some sort and should be reported and the person arrested. I'm talking about true hate mail, ie something threatening, and not over the top criticism which I am assuming most coaches receive all the time.

if you have a problem with a coach, you sign up for a geocities page, get a domain name, spend 4 minutes learning html from a middle school kid, type your grievances, get tens of hits, end up on espn inexplicably, eventually take the site down, let domain expire, and watch someone else buy the domain like a normal person

Who said he was thin-skinned? He just said that he got them.
If he is not thin skinned then why would he mention that. I would bet any program that had lost 8 of 9 BCS games in the country would have some fools writing dumb letters, calling talk shows ect... I"m not excusing these people I'm saying that there everywhere not just in CNY and if the Bills lose 8 of 9 to start the season I dont think they will be getting fruit baskets from the fans.

if you have a problem with a coach, you sign up for a geocities page, get a domain name, spend 4 minutes learning html from a middle school kid, type your grievances, get tens of hits, end up on espn inexplicably, eventually take the site down, let domain expire, and watch someone else buy the domain like a normal person

And to think, as simply a writer, I believed your technological breakthroughs were groundbreaking.

It's so weird...I rarely get hate mail. Most people just say it to my face.

He's now at the Bills.

If he can't take hate mail, it will be a very short stint for him there.

It's so weird...I rarely get hate mail. Most people just say it to my face.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual...

Sorry, the "rarely" line brought up some nice Stripes nostalgia...

Unfortunately today "fan" is short for fanatic. Too many fans use sports teams as their ultra ego. Somethings missing in their lives when they have to use a sport team to give it any meaning. These people use the term "we" when their teams win and "them" or another third person word when their team loses. When their team loses they have to find a scape goat to blame it on. Those people are responsible for threatening their them personally (ego). I used to have a good friend who loved ND so much (he never went there, didn't have kids that went there, didn't know anybody that went there, he never attended a game there etc.) that when I simply said they wouldn't have been in the championship game if Pitt made a fg, he went bird on me. It was like I said your mother tastes like Honey Cherios. (Sorry)

He better watch out. Milly might follow him to Buffalo
Ray-Finkle.jpg
255794400-22132013.jpg

This site might get more hate mail than they do.

Yeah, I think at other schools they'd have gotten barraged with it because Marrone wasn't quite tactful enough so there was initial dissapointment, and when Hackett wasn't announced in conjuncture with DM so fans could get over it...the fans moved on an got excited for a team next year with him as OC. So when he was announced two days later fans were outraged.

SU football was looking like it hadn't in 10 years. And if you don't think we are wholly incapable of acting like SEC fanbases please remind yourself that we have one of the biggest and most passionate BB fanbases (you can easily call us the best fanbase in college hoops easy) so we're hardly D3.

Sorry, you are going to get overreactions when Hackett gets announced as going to Buffalo 2 days later when everyone moved on and was getting pumped for next season.

Come on, you don't think Kelly isn't getting the same crap from ND fans? What happens if he waits a couple days after getting his job ot take Diaco? They probably get more upset.

I still have a week or two to get completely over it and not be mad at Hackett and Marrone. Wouldn't send them hate mail but I am still upset.

Why wasn't the two of them leaving announced at the same time? It can only be because Marrones first choices said no to living in Buffalo.

I'm not debating whether Marrone or Hackett should have thicker skin or even commenting on whether they were complaining about receiving the letters. Hackett just said that he had received it, not even sure he was necessarily complaining about it (maybe he was, I don't know).

The sentiment was that it's BS they're even receiving hate mail, and I'm just saying that based on what I've seen on the Syracuse.com site over the years and what went down here the past 4 days, I wouldn't put it past some of our fanbase to send them hate emails. If you can post it on a website you can certainly send it to an email address. That's all.

so far Kelly, has been accused of killing a kid, he should be stoned, he is a loser , a moron thats some of the comments, if you think hate email to a coach or bad comments on a board happen only at Syracuse your wrong, I wont resort to name calling like this Tep person who complains about people saying bad things about the coaches by calling people cockroaches and dopes and morons which is very ironic. Also calling out Players on a message board happens everywhere the poor QB as FSU was lambasted for costing them to lose to Florida. Thick skin is required when your a public figure because there are haters and name callers everywhere.

People need to get a grasp the hate mail is over the top but its not unique to Syracuse. go anywhere except maybe Alabama and you will see things posted that makes you wonder about people. unfortunately peoples family are also targets which shows the depth of some peoples intelligence however it also is not unique to Syracuse. In some places the coaches family cannot sit anywhere near other fans, also sad reality, which in this case comments made by Buzz Shaw would apply.

The other thing is people can't seem to find any humour or obvious sarcasm they just come in breathing fire and name calling its sad really,

So let me get this straight - it's ok to come to an internet forum anonymously and post bad things about the coaches, vilifying them, with no personal knowledge about the situation whatsoever (meaning, not a single one of these people has been in spitting distance of either Marrone or Hackett), spread rumors, innuendo, and in your opinion, that's ok.

But to call someone a moron based on something that they actually did, which is what I did (what these people posted is a product of their own actions and is documented) - now that's reprehensible.

Ok "Don".

I used to have a guy that sat behind me and he was like Johnny from the Karate Kid screaming that Nassib couldn't make a Pop Warner team. That was one brutal year, not the games but to listen to that.

That was Barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom