Hackett should be forced to walk home | Syracusefan.com

Hackett should be forced to walk home

orange03

Starter
Embarrassing. If I didn't know better I would think the play calling was done by a 1st grader.

Lets throw for 2 yards EVERY PLAY

Well what's he supposed to do? Nassib either aired every downfield passing play or he was engulfed by a blitz 2 seconds after the snap.

Don't think you can blame Hackett if Nassib is having a bad day. Ryan missed many opportunities because he is afraid to throw an interception.

Well what's he supposed to do? Nassib either aired every downfield passing play or he was engulfed by a blitz 2 seconds after the snap.

He's a well paid OC. You scheme around the pressure. That said, Nassib should walk with him.

Nassib is not having a good day. Plenty of shots, and he whipped it by his receivers.

This personal foul business isn't good either.

im so sick of watching ryan nassib be bi polar. he looked efing pathetic against this mediocre louisville team today. How do you play so well against West Virginia and then the next weak you play like a pansy ass against lousiville. id rather shoot myself in the balls than ever be forced to watch nassib play this shitty again... tsk tsk what a waste of time... play calling was atrocious too. nate hackett you sucked ass as well... everybody sucked ass...no one was good.

If Nassib hits some of those downfield tosses early in the game, it changes the way Lville defends. They were putting everyone in the box and practically begging Ryan to throw the ball. Not much you can do from the coach's box in that situation.

One of our most successful plays was an end around to Dorian ... where did that play go? Usually this coaching staff will call a successful play until it gets stopped 5 times in a row.

If Nassib hits some of those downfield tosses early in the game, it changes the way Lville defends. They were putting everyone in the box and practically begging Ryan to throw the ball. Not much you can do from the coach's boxin that situation.

Nassib was just as bad, but the play calling was elementary. They pressured us last year, this shouldn't have caught us off guard like it apparently has.

No way. Nassib makes a few throws and this is a different story. A team like this can't get by with a "game manager" QB - not enough talent. The QB has to be a leader and he has to make plays. Unfortunately, I think the team followed Ryan's cue this week... Big gut-check test for him and the team on the road next week.

We knew all week that Louisville was going to pressure. Hackett even had an additional day to prepare. Nothing...nada...dear-in-the-headlights inept.

Embarrassing. If I didn't know better I would think the play calling was done by a 1st grader.
Hackett's game plan
- 1st down, Nassib overthrows a pass
- 2nd down. Bailey sweep for -1
- 3rd down, Nassib steps into the middle of the Cardinal rush
- 4th down, punt and penalty on SU

Again...what should Hackett have called differently? The line's blocking was shady, and Nassib was 5 feet off on his downfield passes. Louisville seized on that and loaded the box to squash the run.

I'm just as critical of Hackett as the next guy when I feel the play calling is whacked. But poor blocking and awful throws aren't the fault of the dude in the coach's booth.

Again...what should Hackett have called differently?

emot-downswords.gif
Plays that worked!!!!

No, I completely agree with you. The throws, pass blocking, timing just was not there. If there were "better" plays, the execution was so off today I doubt they would have been effective.

Thought the Express (wildcat) was good and even liked it on that 3rd. Keep going to what's working. That's what won last week.

Hackett's game plan
- 1st down, Nassib overthrows a pass
- 2nd down. Bailey sweep for -1
- 3rd down, Nassib steps into the middle of the Cardinal rush
- 4th down, punt and penalty on SU

1st down- You do realize that Hackett is the guy who called the plays that got the receivers wide open? Good Nassib throws for 4-5 td's today bad Nassib throws for 2. Todays Nassib throws for 1.
3rd down- Nassib did a poor job today holding the ball, locking onto 1 receiver and taking sacks. My college coach once made it a point to tell our qb "Son, if you have the time to duck or turn your back...you have enough time to throw the ball away."

Yeah. He should have called those other plays. They would have worked-right?

Tough game and outplayed right from the start. Louisville turned it up a notch and we looked sluggish throughout. I have no doubts that Nassib struggles under pressure and losses all his touch when it occurs. Their offense made some long plays while ours had to battle over and over again and plodded away. UConn will bring pressure after seeing the Rutgers and Louisville games and Hackett and company have to be able to adapt and make some plays.

Um sorry to burst anyones bubble who thinks this was not hackets fault and somehow ryans, but obviously you guys weren't watching the same game I just saw. First of all nassibs over-throws had a lot to do with the wind today, and I don't want to hear about how bridgewater made nice throws downfield because he didn't, he had one downfield with no one near the wideout and another where he threw well behind the reciever but the db was. Out of position and the reciever cut back inside and ran it in. Secondly that has got to be some of worst playcalling I have ever seen, it was like hacket made no adjustments to the playcalling at the half and just kept calling the same bs plays for negative yardage he was calling in the first half hacket has had one game where he looked like he half knew what was going on and at this point it seems the exception and not the rule, I realize the line has to take some blame but when they pressure like that and you know line is getting beat you dial up a screen for. Grahm on the outside and let him loose in space, it keeps the defense honest and allows you to open up the playbook a little more seems pretty simple to me, unfortunately it seems like marrone and hacket are buddys so I don't see him getting fired but at what point does marrone say enough is enough and stop acting like its all the players not executing, coaches get paid to put the players in a position to succeed and I for one am not seeing it on the offensive side of the ball

When do fans of the losing team ever not blame the play-calling?

When do fans of the losing team ever not blame the play-calling?
This looked like a good old fashioned ass whipping today. People blaming the coaches and play calling don't know football. I'll accept it's an emotional release, that I understand.

When teams bring that kind of pressure you throws screen passes over it. We tried that once. You also can try a draw play. I don't think the draw play is in our playbook because I've never seen us run it. You can also do a misdirection or end around, we did that once today, with great success. Once.

As bad as we were today executing on offense, Louisville's D has only given up over 300 yards twice this year. Most they have given up is 350 yards, and 25 points.

Thought we showed a lot of options last week and that would be helpful, but not so much. Best D we'll face in the Big East hands down.

All that said, if Nassib doesn't complete a deep pass soon then we'll be lucky to turn a short to medium range passing game into 6 TDs like we did against WVU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom