Hafley leaving BC for NFL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hafley leaving BC for NFL

In the world we’re in….why doesn’t Chesney take the BC gig? If it’s free agency - mind changing money chasing free for all for players, coaches should get a hall pass now.
Chesney has guys and staff that followed him from Worcester to Harrisonburg. Asking everyone to turn around is not feasible. And that isn’t even mentioning the buyout, which is sure to be huge in year 1 of a contract. Cmon now

Chesney has guys and staff that followed him from Worcester to Harrisonburg. Asking everyone to turn around is not feasible. And that isn’t even mentioning the buyout, which is sure to be huge in year 1 of a contract. Cmon now
That is the business that those guys have chosen. People get used as pawns every day.

He gets to live in southern Virginia which is absolutely beautiful and imo a better place to live (coming from someone who lives in Boston). Better recruiting, more NIL/more fan support, much higher chance of success

Not southern, more western. But he does get to live in a city that has I-81 cutting right through it, which is a benefit in and of itself.

When I was a junior at SU, I drove down to see a high school friend at JMU. The directions had no turns.

Portal time. Rooks, c’mon down!

Maybe Edsall will want to coach again. Heh heh heh

Not southern, more western. But he does get to live in a city that has I-81 cutting right through it, which is a benefit in and of itself.

When I was a junior at SU, I drove down to see a high school friend at JMU. The directions had no turns.
Southwest Virginia is awesome too. Lots of land, blue ridge mountains, great hunting, fishing, ocean nearby. Close to major airports and I-81

Paging Fran Paging Fran !!!!!
Not worried at all about him leaving. I’ll take his word and I expect him to be here for close to a decade assuming he can coach.

we are lucky to have a grinder on the recruiting trail and someone who genuinely enjoys relationship building rather than a fundamentals guy. If you build it they will come, if you get the recruits and the wins then the NIL will follow.

I originally was very critical of the hire but I think we are strong positioned

Dwayne Allick53OL6' 2"312 lbsJRLaurel, MD

Jude Bowry71OL6' 5"309 lbsSOGermantown, MD

Kevin Cline79OL6' 6"315 lbsJRBoca Raton, FL

Jack Conley67OL6' 7"318 lbsSRNew Canaan, CT

Michael Crounse77OL6' 4"294 lbsFRSchnecksville, PA

Jack Funke72OL6' 7"306 lbsFRNeedham, MA

Kyle Hergel60OL6' 2"315 lbsSRToronto, Canada

Otto Hess62OL6' 6"307 lbsSOOswego, IL

Noah Kahapea55OL6' 4"293 lbsFRBrentwood, CA

Drew Kendall66OL6' 4"292 lbsSONorwell, MA

Ilija Krajnovic76OL6' 7"323 lbsSOZrenjanin, Serbia

Christian Mahogany73OL6' 3"322 lbsSRElmwood Park, NJ

Ryan Mickow58OL6' 7"291 lbsFRFort Lauderdale, FL

Jackson Ness78OL6' 5"299 lbsSRUpper Arlington, OH

Logan Taylor65OL6' 7"308 lbsSOBridgewater, Canada

Nick Thomas61OL6' 4"311 lbsSOEast Orange, NJ

Ozzy Trapilo70OL6' 8"313 lbsJRNorwell, MA

Not worried at all about him leaving. I’ll take his word and I expect him to be here for close to a decade assuming he can coach.

we are lucky to have a grinder on the recruiting trail and someone who genuinely enjoys relationship building rather than a fundamentals guy. If you build it they will come, if you get the recruits and the wins then the NIL will follow.

I originally was very critical of the hire but I think we are strong positioned
I think he means paging Fran to grab some BC players from the portal

I think he means paging Fran to grab some BC players from the portal
How many can they have that we want?

Target their best OL of course but I didn’t see a ton of talent when we played.

This is a nice scheduling break the game is late enough that they probably will have packed it in but still on the road. It took whatever you want to call that performance from CDRW to lose to them last year McCord would have to try to throw to the opponents on purpose to be worse and lose to them.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Agreed. I understand that the NFL is the pinnacle of American football but I don’t see leaving a power conference HC job to become a coordinator in the NFL.
I can see it if you decide you're done with the portal/NIL game. If all you have to do is coach and let someone else worry about talent acquisition in a league that is designed to keep talent even, it may be less stressful.

I can see it if you decide you're done with the portal/NIL game. If all you have to do is coach and let someone else worry about talent acquisition in a league that is designed to keep talent even, it may be less stressful.
It’s just a crappy time to leave the kids. The semester already started and signing day is in a week.

It’s just a crappy time to leave the kids. The semester already started and signing day is in a week.
I wasn't viewing it from that perspective. It's gonna happen though. As NFL guys/teams make their moves, there's a ripple effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom