Hafley leaving BC for NFL | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Hafley leaving BC for NFL

Buddy sent me that. Makes perfect sense to me with what college is becoming...

I always thought that Hafley had a more of a reputation as a recruiter so this is a surprise to me.

8ei5qf.jpg

Have there been any notable ones? Haven’t heard anything from Rooks Torrence or Castellanos yet
Heard Castellanos just announced he is staying. Guessing many will delay a decision until they know who the new coach is.

Last edited:
Have there been any notable ones? Haven’t heard anything from Rooks Torrence or Castellanos yet
I think some people have already burned bridges. And if they aren't better then the people we are brining in don't.

Heard Castellanos just announced he is staying. Guessing many will delay a decision until they know who the new coach is.
Wow I’m shocked. Maybe someone from the staff is getting promoted for continuity. He could’ve made a ton of money elsewhere

He is good but short and quite frankly looked pedestrian against us. I think his options are somewhat limited tbh.
In the portal QB prices are way overinflated. Often average to above average QBs get way overpaid for a year. With his speed and agility he would’ve gotten major offers

In the portal QB prices are way overinflated. Often average to above average QBs get way overpaid for a year. With his speed and agility he would’ve gotten major offers
He would end up at a program equal to or lesser than BC. Most of the better programs have already solved their QB situations via the portal. Not many teams that could offer him a starting job now that there has been a ton of offseason portal movement. They also only put 10 offensive points on the board against us in the middle of our late season collapse. It’s cute when Herzlich and other alums talk him up but he looked rather pedestrian against us and I don’t think next season will go much better for him. I think he’s overrated.

Sounding like Bill O'Brien is going to be the guy.

Last edited:

Buddy sent me that. Makes perfect sense to me with what college is becoming...
I wonder if college will end up creating a GM position for football? Someone to deal with all of the personnel and business matters. What’s being asked of head coaches is really too much at this point.

Fran already agreed.

If you watched the Coach Prime documentary on Amazon Prime Video, he had this very thing. He had a staff of I want to say was about 4 staffers whose job was managing the roster, identifying the depth at each position and identifying targets for recruitment. I wanna say that none of the folks in that group were on field support (ie coaches). It was basically a personnel department.

There was a quote from prime during one of the episodes, something along the lines, of it doesnt matter how great we coach if we don't have the horses to compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom