Hakim Warrick just got traded for Josh McRoberts...per Yahoo | Syracusefan.com

Hakim Warrick just got traded for Josh McRoberts...per Yahoo

They'd have been better off taking turns kicking him in the groin. Would have hurt less than being viewed as having equal value to Josh McRoberts.

Hak will be waived by Orlando.

Heck of a run for a skinny kid from Philly who never could defend a lick. Hopefully he has set up himself and his family well. I always enjoyed watching him at the Cuse.

Through this year, according to basketball-reference he will have accrued $21,227,942.

My favorite SU player ever, I'm a Magic fan as well so this is a bummer.

Through this year, according to basketball-reference he will have accrued $21,227,942.

My favorite SU player ever, I'm a Magic fan as well so this is a bummer.

The end of an NBA career can be extremely humbling, but he can wipe his tears with hundreds. Not so bad.

Hakim is one of my fav Orangemen. He deserves tremendous credit for carving out a very respectable NBA career.

Heck of a run for a skinny kid from Philly who never could defend a lick. Hopefully he has set up himself and his family well. I always enjoyed watching him at the Cuse.
Yep and so glad we ended up with him in the long run versus the overated J. Hodge. I see he had a great NBA career.

The end of an NBA career can be extremely humbling, but he can wipe his tears with hundreds. Not so bad.

I have to imagine it's that kind of thinking that makes so many pro athletes go broke so quickly after they stop playing. Not saying Hak did that.

Hmmm - I seem to recall a very memorable defensive play he made in 2003 :)

Hakim is one of my fav Orangemen. He deserves tremendous credit for carving out a very respectable NBA career.

Remember how skinny [and narrow shouldered] this guy was for his first three seasons at SU? I remember thinking back then that for all of his eye-popping athleticism, Hakim would never be able to make it in the pros with that physique. This is actually a huge success story IMO, not the disappointment some seem to associate with how his NBA career has unfolded.

Hope he latches on somewhere else, but even if he doesn't the kid did pretty damn well for himself.

Remember how skinny [and narrow shouldered] this guy was for his first three seasons at SU? I remember thinking back then that for all of his eye-popping athleticism, Hakim would never be able to make it in the pros with that physique. This is actually a huge success story IMO, not the disappointment some seem to associate with how his NBA career has unfolded.

Hope he latches on somewhere else, but even if he doesn't the kid did pretty damn well for himself.
Not only did he develop his physique, but rather advanced footwork that enabled a myriad of post moves by his junior year. Senior year he was a monster on the block. He worked very hard, and while fans may fault his defense, the work he did to put himself in position to have an 8+year NBA career may have meant he couldn't make much progress as a defender. You've got to be elite (or close) at something to stick in the league, and his athleticism + scoring ability near the basket is what got him there.

I remember seeing Hak on his recruiting visit, walking around the concourse at the Dome and thinking "someone PhotoShopped a 12 year old's head onto an extremely tall, extremely skinny man's body."

Never would have anticipated the type of career he would end up having.

Yep and so glad we ended up with him in the long run versus the overated J. Hodge. I see he had a great NBA career.
You know he got hurt, right

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Well hopefully that happens quickly so we can get him to the Dome Saturday.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom