Happy 4-7-03 | Syracusefan.com

Happy 4-7-03

Fantastic memories. Always make me smile. I remember where I was and strangely the style of cell phone I had (nokia 3800) as I made about a dozen calls after the game. Never had made that many calls in succession before

I was holding my baby boy, seven days before his first birthday. I remember being really happy, but strangely subdued. I wish we had won one prior to my, at the time, newfound perspective of fatherhood.
Great story. We were 2 years before kids, but I know exactly what you are saying. Then I was with 20 friends going nuts, now I'd be in my basement watching by myself

I remember just being relieved [after how the second half went] that we hung on. I told my girlfriend [now wife] after the game that now I could die in peace.

Hard to believe that it was 14 years ago. Time flies.

I was holding my baby boy, seven days before his first birthday. I remember being really happy, but strangely subdued. I wish we had won one prior to my, at the time, newfound perspective of fatherhood.
My daughter was born 20 minutes after they won that night. I had the daily double that night, will never forget either or.

I remember just being relieved [after how the second half went] that we hung on. I told my girlfriend [now wife] after the game that now I could die in peace.

I remember the feeling of relief, too. Falling short of a title has never mattered that much since. Now the losses that stay with me are the personal ones that inevitably happen as time flies by.

It's over it's, it's over,the orange have won it and Jim Boeheim has found the final four seconds here in New Orleans !!!
Remember like it was yesterday. I cannot describe the feeling of adrenaline that went throughout my body as the buzzer sounded!

My daughter was born 20 minutes after they won that night. I had the daily double that night, will never forget either or.

Happy birthday to your daughter - and that was very considerate of her to wait until the game was over.

Happy birthday to your daughter - and that was very considerate of her to wait until the game was over.
Lol...my wife was in the hospital starting at 6:30 am that morning when they induced her. In between that we had bad weather (tornado warnings), it was a loooooooong day/night but the eventual outcome was awesome!

What a fitting day and it's snowing. This is Syracuse!

Im incredibly angry that its snowing, feel 0 nostalgia.

My bother called me from Hawaii and one of the first things he said was:

"I guess that will definitely help with their recruiting." :confused:

I told him that this is what you recruit for. :cool:

1st half the dude behind me was screaming his head off. At halftime he must've found some lovely withe orange lipstick because he had the worst facepaint job I've ever seen.

14 years since we sold our soul to the devil. That part hasn't flown by. Unfortunately too much drama. But it has flown by.

Last edited:
What a fitting day and it's snowing. This is Syracuse!

Wait it is snowing there today? That sucks. J Tucks going from Atlanta to Syracuse for his visit and it is snowing??

I just checked - there is a high of 36 in Syracuse today and it is supposed to be 78 on Monday? What? I forgot how stupid the weather is there.

Wait it is snowing there today? That sucks. J Tucks going from Atlanta to Syracuse for his visit and it is snowing??

I just checked - there is a high of 36 in Syracuse today and it is supposed to be 78 on Monday? What? I forgot how stupid the weather is there.
it's stupid alright. my golf course is opening monday and there was snow on ground this morning. (it has since melted) I am so ready to move on to spring.

great memories.

50% of this board wasn't here for that and of that 50% who was, another 25% or so wasn't here for the end of 2002.

time here should be referenced as...

BM: Before Melo
YM: Year of Melo
AM: After Melo

Mine was cooking. Born just a few months later. I hope he and I can actually share one together at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom