Happy Anniversary! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Happy Anniversary!

6642362B-0E19-42E5-B8F6-972BE89C9A53.jpeg
D8342D8F-9800-42D4-8071-4413007D6DDF.jpeg
BB438E0D-C87C-4501-9C8C-255B27E7E7D8.jpeg
E20A16E6-63E2-4BBD-B898-1BE89A2E3C7F.jpeg

ive seen it someplace. Only a 30 second snippet though. May have been a TV station.
There’s a 30 second clip of Carmelo on YouTube, and that’s all I’ve ever seen. Would love to see more. I remember a deafening “one more year” chant for Melo, I remember GMac making light of Vitale picking against them, Boeheim with that hat, Hakim Warrick copying wrestler Scott Hall’s entrance when he came out, lol. It was a fun time and a deafening crowd.

I’ve rewatched this game a bunch of times over the years. Also the Cuse-Texas semifinal, which was such a high level game and so fun to watch.

Same- I make it an annual or sometimes quarterly event. Always cures a rough day.

I’ve told the story before, but what the hell...I was holding my son through the whole game. It was exactly one week before his first birthday. Throughout the season, I would feed him, burp him and then hold him for the first half and put him down at halftime. But, we were playing so well, I didn’t want to jinx it. So, I calmly watched as he slept in my arms. When it was over, I just kept holding him with a big smile.
I held a nerf football all game. I think I just happened to have it in my hands early on and we started so great that I held onto it, and it eventually became a stress ball for me late in the game. I remember spazzing when Edelin had an unforced turnover on a mixup with a teammate(forget who) near the sideline, and those missed FTs were pure agony.

I spiked the ball in celebration as soon as the buzzer hit though. Good thing it was only a nerf ball.

Watched it with probably 8-10 friends - roommates and friends from the floor. Myself and 2 roommates(the diehards)took off and sprinted down 4 flights of stairs and went out whooping it up on campus right after the buzzer sounded. One of them, a Will Ferrell in Old School sort of personality, had on one of those beer chugging helmets and he wasn’t even drinking during the game.

Those are my vivid memories. Recorded the game and watched all the postgame stuff that I had missed live while celebrating, later.