Hard not to love this staff. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hard not to love this staff.

I am always amazed how certain schools have great classes each and every year and not have it show up on the field. Just shows that these are kids and they may have raw talent but need good coaching to be skilled at their positions.

That's easy to do when your team is in a hotbed of college football talent but you have a mediocre staff. I'm amazed by how fanatic people are over on the SEC boards about the whole recruiting season. I swear that some of them care more about that than they do the actual football season. The recruiting sites hand out stars based on pure talent, but really do a bad job of measuring a kid's heart and character. And the latter two are what makes the players shine when they get on their campus.

That's easy to do when your team is in a hotbed of college football talent but you have a mediocre staff. I'm amazed by how fanatic people are over on the SEC boards about the whole recruiting season. I swear that some of them care more about that than they do the actual football season. The recruiting sites hand out stars based on pure talent, but really do a bad job of measuring a kid's heart and character. And the latter two are what makes the players shine when they get on their campus.

The star system is very flawed. There is no way that any website can have enough staff to evaluate every kid with D1 talent, there are 1.5 million kids that play HS football. There are probably thousands of kids with D1 talent that get overlooked, example:Bromley for 1.

Not only that, who qualified the evaluators? Most of them have no coaching experience whatsoever and are writers.

On top of the fact that a lot of the star ratings are based on the kids offers. If Alabama offers a kid that started out as a 2 star then he gets bumped up to a 4?? Makes no sense, did he get more talented at the moment Bama offered? No, he didn't, it just means that the person who did the initial evaluation has no clue how to evaluate talent or they are basing their rating on the quality of the program offering.

The reason why the NE has "less talent" is because all of our big, tall, fast kids are playing basketball and NY state does not allow Spring football in HS like every other state does.

The star system is very flawed. There is no way that any website can have enough staff to evaluate every kid with D1 talent, there are 1.5 million kids that play HS football. There are probably thousands of kids with D1 talent that get overlooked, example:Bromley for 1.

Not only that, who qualified the evaluators? Most of them have no coaching experience whatsoever and are writers.

On top of the fact that a lot of the star ratings are based on the kids offers. If Alabama offers a kid that started out as a 2 star then he gets bumped up to a 4?? Makes no sense, did he get more talented at the moment Bama offered? No, he didn't, it just means that the person who did the initial evaluation has no clue how to evaluate talent or they are basing their rating on the quality of the program offering.

The reason why the NE has "less talent" is because all of our big, tall, fast kids are playing basketball and NY state does not allow Spring football in HS like every other state does.

It's far from perfect, but its not how you describe it and that's not how it works. In fact until your last paragraph, most everything is wrong.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

It's far from perfect, but its not how you describe it and that's not how it works. In fact until your last paragraph, most everything is wrong.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

So...there are not 1.5 million kids that play HS football ? Yes there are, look it up.
Kids with D1 talent don't get overlooked? Yes they clearly do.

Sc**t's recruiting main page. Look it up. Show me one of the bio's where any of them (evaluators) at one point weren't an editor or writer. The only credentials and accolades they have are from their peers. I see a lot of "well respected", "nationally recognized", etc. Recognized by who, other writers, editors etc. ??

Show me where they actually have playing or coaching experience that qualifies them for evaluating talent. Were they in college as players? Coaches? In the NFL as players or coaches? You would think they would be proud of that experience and list it in their bios, but alas, it's not there.

So you are saying that kids don't get rated higher based on their offer lists? You know this is true. Alabama recruited Wayne Morgan and he was a 4 star. Wayne said no thanks and he drops to a 3, this happens constantly. Please explain how I am wrong.

Not how I explain it?? Please clarify and tell me how any of my points are wrong.

Where they get the stars from: