has anyone done less with more than roy williams? | Syracusefan.com

has anyone done less with more than roy williams?

that dude just finds ways to lose. UNC should be running away with it this year talent-wise. dude is questionable at the least.

If you pay attention to UNC lacrosse, the easy answer is "yes."

In the lacrosse world, nobody ever does less with more.

Edit: I admit this is an esoteric reference, but coincidentally it applies on the same fraudulent athletic program and their "student" athletes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus Paige has fallen off a cliff.

He looked horrible against us. Cooney was even driving past him . It's not just shooting but defending that he's become less than mediocre.

I'm still amazed that in the '96 tourney he had 4 NBA guys in Paul Pierce(future hall of famer no less!), Raef Lafrentz, Jacque Vaughn, and Scot Pollard. We shot the ball very poorly, our superstar John Wallace had a bad game...and we still won.

Roy has 2 NCs but my god did K outcoach him badly tonight.

Duke exploiting mismatches > UNC running its regular offense.

Duke 3-pt shooting > UNC 3-pt shooting.

UNC had no business losing that game. Roy is just a bad Xs and Os coach. I swear we appreciated JB when he suspended but my god Roy that was awfu.

Williams looks horrible in the press conference. He looks like he hasn't slept for a week and has been crying all day.
Its tough to have vertigo and at same time not be able to carry k's jock. But seriously as anyone whos had vertigo knows, its debilitating...and im sure the ncaa thing beyond sucks too

UNC had no business losing that game. Roy is just a bad Xs and Os coach. I swear we appreciated JB when he suspended but my god Roy that was awfu.
It can't possibly be true but sometimes I think Williams doesn't call timeouts because he doesn't know what to draw up during the TO.

It can't possibly be true but sometimes I think Williams doesn't call timeouts because he doesn't know what to draw up during the TO.
he's the absolute worst with timeout usage (or, non-usage)

"has anyone done less with more?"

Guy Lewis at Houston: Olajuwon, Drexler, Michael Young, et al. Two hall of famers, 5 first round draft choices, no championships.

I swear Steve Robinson-UNC lead assistant when Roy was ill last game called TOs at the end to draw up plays for UNC and I was shocked.

That was such an epic gag job to your arch-rival. If you flip K and Roy with the rosters UNC wins by atleast 20.

To answer the question posed in the thread title: No.
Its too bad because i find him infinitely more likeable than k.

On a separate note, listening to ks presser now and he seems a little stressed, doesnt look that thrilled. Like he knows they re down to 5 guys for a little while now...

I think that if you picked people off the street, and gave them the coaching job with the talent that he has had the luxury of coaching whether it be Kansas or UNC, you could have probably found a guy off the street that would have at least won one title. I mean he had hinrich, collision, Langford, and miles and managed to lose against us. he basically couldn't win at Kansas and had to go to UNC. what coach has ever been afforded that luxury? oh hey, you couldn't win at your other job lets give you a better job. don't talk to me about vertigo, if the guy isn't healthy than he shouldn't be coaching. if he is coaching, one can only assume that he is healthy enough to coach. and he is flat out bad. the dude is bad.

I know losing badly to Louisville was deflating, but surprised to come on here and find no thread about this UNC -Duke game until now. After all, ESPN has been telling us for a week this is the only game that MATTERS!! Well, it did answer a question posed by Eric15 last week that essentially bemoaned that Tyler Ennis has been gone 2 years and Paige is still playing in college. You saw tonight that Paige doesn't have the strength to guard your grandma. And Brice Johnson is a shoe-in for POY----- as long as it's a playground game. As soon as you throw some tough D at the heels, they don't know how to run an offense...no sets, no screens. Roy is really a crap coach. His halftime comment to the chick was telling " I don't care how many points the other team scores as long as we have more"...Roy, time to go back to Mayberry and give the gig up

Duke has Jeter- McDonalds AA and Sean Obi transfer from Rice on its bench. K is just going to have to rotate them in cold turkey.

UNC with such a gag job for a NC contender.

My jaw is still dropped and my mouth is hanging open. How oh how did Duke do that? They were screwed in every possible way. We can talk about coaching but those players showed grit grit grit!

I am pretty sure Duke is screwed for the tournament, though. I am thinking Jones will not be back.

Addendum: Roy was staggering. I know his legs are bad and he has vertigo. Is he too sick to coach?

I think that if you picked people off the street, and gave them the coaching job with the talent that he has had the luxury of coaching whether it be Kansas or UNC, you could have probably found a guy off the street that would have at least won one title. I mean he had hinrich, collision, Langford, and miles and managed to lose against us. he basically couldn't win at Kansas and had to go to UNC. what coach has ever been afforded that luxury? oh hey, you couldn't win at your other job lets give you a better job. don't talk to me about vertigo, if the guy isn't healthy than he shouldn't be coaching. if he is coaching, one can only assume that he is healthy enough to coach. and he is flat out bad. the dude is bad.
SU imo was the better team in 03. We had 2 nba guys, so did they. But we had Gmac too! And CA was best guy on the floor...

"has anyone done less with more?"

Guy Lewis at Houston: Olajuwon, Drexler, Michael Young, et al. Two hall of famers, 5 first round draft choices, no championships.
that is over one or two seasons maybe, but cryin Roy has been the underachieving coach of 2 blue blood programs for what, 20 years now? no one has the recruiting advantages of Kansas or UNC yet he manages to consistently underwhelm.

8 final fours, 2 national championships. I don't know, could be worse. Say 1 national championship and 4 final four appearances, probably not as much talent overall but plenty of less with more years for sure. FWIW. but, but, but.

UNC was garbage between Dean Smith and Roy. He's a hall of famer, very very good basketball coach. He's had some bad seasons, but he's been pretty damn good.

He got outcoached by Coach K ? who hasn't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom