Has anyone heard what Bernie Fine's wife has said? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Has anyone heard what Bernie Fine's wife has said?

I'm sorry, but this board suffers from serious "I know something you don't know." Even before the BF accusations.

Either keep it to yourself and stop being an instigator, or say what you have to say.

BS.

Sent from my DROIDX

BS.

Sent from my DROIDX

If there is a tape then maybe 3-4 people in the SPD know about it. And I am sure that they wouldn't be talking about it to anyone. And if they did tell someone it wouldn't be the type of person to come running here, sign up for an account, and post for the first time ever (in CAPS mind you). On top of that having it go from one person to another to another to here is a game of telephone.

No one knows for sure whether there is a tape or not. No one knows for sure what is on the tape. No one knows for sure that the tape is new evidence that wasn't around for the 2001-2005 investigations.

Also if there was a tape why wouldn't Davis and/or EPSN have said that? It doesn't compromise the investigation because of the SOL.

This rumor spreading should have no place on this board. Even if there IS a tape and this is all true, posting it here added no value. This is no different than Schwarz OTL piece. He shouldn't have ran the story without more info, just like these posts shouldn't have been here without more info.

People should keep rumors to themselves or PM each other.

Back on topic: you know the more I think about this; if the police department knows about this tape (which they do per what we have heard here), then it really can't be that bad because they would have arrested him by now, if it was really damning. Remember ESPN's last bombshell was the freaking babysitter (and Davis' girlfriend for gods sake) saying "There were a lot of secrets in the Fine house." I almost can't even believe that was really shown on TV.

Back on topic: you know the more I think about this; if the police department knows about this tape (which they do per what we have heard here), then it really can't be that bad because they would have arrested him by now, if it was really damning. Remember ESPN's last bombshell was the freaking babysitter (and Davis' girlfriend for gods sake) saying "There were a lot of secrets in the Fine house." I almost can't even believe that was really shown on TV.

Along the lines of what I said in the other thread. The tape may exist, but that doesn't mean it's an incriminating/substantial piece of evidence. It could easily be as innocuous as the babysitter interview.

BS.

Sent from my DROIDX

BS? See any comment on having a pay side of the board.

If something is so top secret that it requires a pay side, then...oh...I dunno, maybe it shouldn't be shared. Period?

The I know something you don't know itis is not a board-wide thing. However, whether they intend to or not, it happens with a few posters. There is no denying it. That said, I honestly do not feel the OP in this thread is one of those people.

Maybe a pay side would be good. That way I would never know these things:
  • There is a "tape", maybe 2, out there - whether betamax, VHS, or masking, I do not know.
  • 2 cops told 2 posters about said tape(s)
  • BF's wife says something on it that may be related to her distaste of her husband's broccoli farts or her distaste of her husband's pedophilia.
  • whether it is from 2001 or 2011 I do not know
The wide breadth of possibilities in-between is not fun to speculate about. Ah well, shame on us for reading the internet.

What I worry about more is not whether Bernie is a pedophile or not. I don't believe that to be true. What I do worry about is solid proof of even the slightest sexual deviancy. Whether it is a simple as him once having steak dinner at a strip club. Even if he is proven innocent of pedophilia, proof of the slightest indiscretion (in combination with these allegations) could be harmful.

In my opinion everyone is hyper sensitive about this BF thing and with good reason. I don't have a problem with people posting info on here when they preface it with saying they got it from a reliable source but may or may not be true. We are all on here to discuss ad nauseum, topics revolving around SU. When the possibility of a "tape" was leaked it definatly made me concerned but the truth is all the info on this board you have to take with grain of salt. I don't want some posters to not post possible infomation because they might get ridiculed if the info turns out to be false. As time goes by I am less likely to believe there is a tape or if there is then it has any damning evidence on there. I hope everyone on the board continues to give information that they come across positive or negative (preferably positive).

I really don’t believe you are lining up with this. You are not moderating a gossip column.

After brief read...I guess you are!

Unfortunately, this is exactly what this site has become and is likely to remain for the foreseeable future.

What it isn't anymore is what we had at both Rivals and Scout. Every iteration of this board just seems to get worse and worse.

Cheers,
Neil

I really don’t believe you are lining up with this. You are not moderating a gossip column.

Except it's not gossip, there is a tape according to at least 5 people now (some haven't posted) with completely unrelated sources. What it says and will it be released, who knows. Gossip is a poster saying they say they saw Coach XYZ our drunk last night punching a woman or a completely unknown poster looking to start trouble posting something negative. I will bet you anything that if the post had said there was a tape confirming Davis and Lang were lying, people would be all over it. Plenty of trolling "gossip" gets deleting here and that is also why yesterday I insisted the posters, whom I didn't know at the time, contact me because we wouldn't have left BS up. So in the end, saying there is a tape, isn't gossip. It is just potentially a negative so people want to dismiss it.

My gut opinion? There is a tape, but somehow a way will be found to keep it from being released if it is incriminating. I hope that isn't just my heart making that opinion. But, if Bernie is guilty I hope every extent of the law is taken to punish him and I pray there weren't/aren't more, but that goes without saying because I am sure everyone feels that way.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what this site has become and is likely to remain for the foreseeable future.

What it isn't anymore is what we had at both Rivals and Scout. Every iteration of this board just seems to get worse and worse.

Cheers,
Neil
I'm sure we'd all love to just be discussing basketball.
IMO, the reality of events has dictated the current board content and climate.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil, this is very unfair. Bees is moderating this against what many have heard. The issue is the murky circumstances surrounding the situation, not the conduct of the people running this site.

Neil, this is very unfair. Bees is moderating this against what many have heard. The issue is the murky circumstances surrounding the situation, not the conduct of the people running this site.

It is gossip. Plain and simple. Lets say I had a brother on the SPD and he heard through the grapevine that there was a tape, I SHOULDN'T post it. Because by the time it got to me it was 3rd or 4th hand information and could not be confirmed. Even though I would trust my brother who would be a credible source. So unless someone here actually knows the detectives working on the case, they should . This board has been so full of gossip and this was BEFORE the Fine stuff came about.

It is gossip. Plain and simple. Lets say I had a brother on the SPD and he heard through the grapevine that there was a tape, I SHOULDN'T post it. Because by the time it got to me it was 3rd or 4th hand information and could not be confirmed. Even though I would trust my brother who would be a credible source. So unless someone here actually knows the detectives working on the case, they should . This board has been so full of gossip and this was BEFORE the Fine stuff came about.

Don't read it then...it really is that simple. If you want to put your head in the sand on what is being said, fine. Continually railing against "gossip" in a " gossip" thread is just ridiculously futile IMHO.

My comment in my mind, though not stated, was aimed more at the quality of the posters and their posts, not the moderators.

Cheers,
Neil

Such as what "gossip". Probably the biggest topic of gossip is that Davis acts the way he does in interviews because he is a druggie or an alcoholic and only a couple people have said it could be the result of years of abuse (by someone).

The I know something you don't know itis is not a board-wide thing. However, whether they intend to or not, it happens with a few posters. There is no denying it. That said, I honestly do not feel the OP in this thread is one of those people.

Maybe a pay side would be good. That way I would never know these things:
  • There is a "tape", maybe 2, out there - whether betamax, VHS, or masking, I do not know.

So what you're saying is the tape MIGHT be betamax? Uh-oh!

Don't read it then...it really is that simple. If you want to put your head in the sand on what is being said, fine. Continually railing against "gossip" in a " gossip" thread is just ridiculously futile IMHO.

The thing is 20 things are being said. There is no solid info here. It changes from person to person, which is the definition of GOSSIP!!!! Why don't we have a rumors board so people who act like HS girls have a place to play.

I didn't post any gossip, all I asked had anyone heard about what Mrs. Fine had said? Again I didn't post any hearsay at all. I said I talked with someone whom I TRUST and again I didn't say what they told me or what we talked about just wondering if it was out there. Again, I never said what the information was because that would be the telephone game. All I was trying to do was vet what I was told, and get more than one verification. I NEVER TYPED THE WORDS TAPE and don't want to play this game if its possible to have this thread locked up or deleted I would have no problem. I said "Without going into detail is the rumor that BF's wife has done an interview harming BF correct?" I never said anything more or less.

Such as what "gossip". Probably the biggest topic of gossip is that Davis acts the way he does in interviews because he is a druggie or an alcoholic and only a couple people have said it could be the result of years of abuse (by someone).

That wouldn't even fit the definition of gossip. People are commenting on fact. Not spreading rumors. See the difference? I bet not because you are one of the biggest gossipers here.

I said "Without going into detail is the rumor that BF's wife has done an interview harming BF correct?" I never said anything more or less.

Carry on.

That wouldn't even fit the definition of gossip. People are commenting on fact. Not spreading rumors. See the difference? I bet not because you are one of the biggest gossipers here.
So you known for a fact he is an addict or he did drugs/was drunk in those interviews? By your standard, you have first or second hand knowledge of his sobriety?

Yeah..l thought so...

Don't read it then...it really is that simple. If you want to put your head in the sand on what is being said, fine. W

I suggest moving BF-gate to the off topic forum. Unless we find that Boeheim or players were somehow involved, this has nothing to do with what happens on the court. The papers, ESPN, and the rest of y'all are making out Bernie to be a celebrity. He's a high school basketball coach that happened to be friends with Jimmy, and he's rode the gravy train ever since. I have zero emotional investment in the fate of an assistant coach who has mastered the art of holding a clipboard for 30 years. Let justice prevail, whatever the outcome. This is an annoying distraction because we're allowing it to be.

I shouldn't have said rumor because I was told firsthand, and your right that word was poorly chosen but I was trying to not to give the information creditability. Honestly, I think this story is stuff and Schwarz should be civilly liable, but I was in Syracuse for the game yesterday and talked with somebody whom I trust and the information wouldn't be something I would just throw out there for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom