Has anyone seen this? Sean Mac | Syracusefan.com

Has anyone seen this? Sean Mac

It’s a great story. Love Sean and loved when he spoke to us at Newhouse in mid 1990s. He humored me when I asked him 5 questions about the Red Sox when my classmates wanted to speak about broadcast journalism.

but I am left wondering, “was will McDonough that broke in the mid 1980s?” He was the lead columnist for the Boston globe, on NBC, etc and friends w Whitey Bulger. ESPN just did a big story on Seans brother and it’s a great read on how he recovered from alcoholism and killing a classmate in an OUI

I watched Coach Macs complete service that day. McDonough was incredible. Not gonna lie, I had tears a few times
I did too. It’s worth seeing Sean’s entire eulogy. Quite moving. I didn’t know of Sean’s circumstances until Coach Mac’s service.

I worked a few soccer games in ‘81 operating the substitution horn in the Dome. Sean was the PA announcer, sitting 2 seats over. I had the fortune of chatting with him at the 2012 Basket Ball in which he was the MC.

but I am left wondering, “was will McDonough that broke in the mid 1980s?” He was the lead columnist for the Boston globe, on NBC, etc and friends w Whitey Bulger.

Yeah, that is really strange. I guess Will didn't believe in paying for his kid's education.

Yeah, that is really strange. I guess Will didn't believe in paying for his kid's education.

Sean says in his eulogy that “personal” and financial circumstances...Make your own conclusion on what that means.

Terry McDonough vehicular homicide was around that time and maybe Will paid a pretty penny for the lawyers.

I know Will had full custody of the kids bc the mom was a mess but to almost leave Syracuse for financial reasons is unfortunate and odd.

Terry McDonough vehicular homicide was around that time and maybe Will paid a pretty penny for the lawyers.

I know Will had full custody of the kids bc the mom was a mess but to almost leave Syracuse for financial reasons is unfortunate and odd.

If the mom was a mess, another son in legal need etc dad’s income may have prevented Sean from getting financial aid but circumstances and immediate family priorities may have made his dad’s income inadequate to cover expenses at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom