Has Petrino Ever Faced a No Huddle Offense? | Syracusefan.com

Has Petrino Ever Faced a No Huddle Offense?

Deuga

Walk On
I was looking over some past game stats for him going back 10 years from Arkansas, to Western Kentucky, and back to Louisville. Maybe I missed one, but I can't find one team he's faced that's no huddle. North Carolina does a no huddle, but he's never faced NC.

I'm curious because some coaches know how to prepare for it and some haven't got a clue. For those who haven't a clue how to prepare for a fast no huddle it becomes real obvious the first time they're team is on defense.

I was looking over some past game stats for him going back 10 years from Arkansas, to Western Kentucky, and back to Louisville. Maybe I missed one, but I can't find one team he's faced that's no huddle. North Carolina does a no huddle, but he's never faced NC.

I'm curious because some coaches know how to prepare for it and some haven't got a clue. For those who haven't a clue how to prepare for a fast no huddle it becomes real obvious the first time they're team is on defense.
What may be a more important question is whether his DC has ever faced one.

What may be a more important question is whether his DC has ever faced one.
That would be Todd Grantham. Coached in the NFL thru 2009, Georgia till 2013 and Louisville ever since. I don't see any no huddle competition in his bio either.

That's probably why he was questioning whether it was being run legally. Planting the seeds about if we are snapping the ball before the down markers have been moved. I hope the Dome is full & loud for Lil' Bobbi.

He's run a hurry up operation before.

As in hurry up and get your a$$ away from this accident scene Gina!
Come on Jessica, tramps like us
Baby we were born to run

Last edited:
Come on Gina, tramps like us
Baby we were born to run
Yes, all Petrino related threads all week will devolve into Petrino scumbag jokes. It's hard to resist. When I started this thread I was curious how long it would take.

Yes, all Petrino related threads all week will devolve into Petrino scumbag jokes. It's hard to resist. When I started this thread I was curious how long it would take.
Not long, dude. Not long.

What does Coach Bobby Petrino and Monica Lewinsky have in common?
They both may blow a few at first, but, Monica will not choke on the big ones.

Bobby beat UNC 59-14 in Louisville one season, then 29-0 the next in 05, d0wn there as I recall. We've faced lots of no huddle offenses. Cincy ran it a couple years as well as Memphis. The thing with the no huddle is that, when it doesn't work, it fails spectacularly. Your defense can hate you.

Bobby beat UNC 59-14 in Louisville one season, then 29-0 the next in 05, d0wn there as I recall. We've faced lots of no huddle offenses. Cincy ran it a couple years as well as Memphis. The thing with the no huddle is that, when it doesn't work, it fails spectacularly. Your defense can hate you.
I doubt those UNC games were no-huddle as that would have been before Fedora.

He prepared for it by having better players.

Capt. Tuttle said:
He prepared for it by having better players.

That only works to a point. Tired better players move at the same speed as tired regular players.

Clemson doesn't count? I thought they tried to play pretty fast the past few years.

Bobby Neckbrace said that he put more focus on the nickel basically for their first two games vs spread type teams.

I love that we have him thinking and changing how they play on D. So even if they have faced tempo teams, the combo is something they don't see a lot of. Their DC and players are top notch - but I won't be surprised to put up similar or within shouting distance of the numbers from last week.

Clemson doesn't count? I thought they tried to play pretty fast the past few years.

They also opened with Auburn last year. I didn't see the game, but I imagine they faced no huddle there too.

Hey Bobby
th

Can the SU band play this during warm ups?

"We're (also) going really fast when we do what we call our crossover drills, when we have our No. 2 offense going against our No. 1 defense to simulate Syracuse," Petrino said. "While we're doing that, we've got noise going on. It's hectic when you've got practice like that, but it really pays off for gametime."

They also opened with Auburn last year. I didn't see the game, but I imagine they faced no huddle there too.

Problem is Auburn sucked last year.

Last year alone we played Clemson, Houston, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Kentucky who all ran the no huddle in some form or fashion.

"We're (also) going really fast when we do what we call our crossover drills, when we have our No. 2 offense going against our No. 1 defense to simulate Syracuse," Petrino said. "While we're doing that, we've got noise going on. It's hectic when you've got practice like that, but it really pays off for gametime."

This is like college hoop coaches having their 2nd team and walkons playing a 2-3 zone in practice to simulate Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom