Has this been discussed? | Syracusefan.com

Has this been discussed?

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
The ACC’s uneven schedule means each team plays 4 teams twice and the remainder just once. It can make comparing years between a team’s performance in the ACC more difficult too. I just heard a broadcaster predict that FSU will be the 4th best team at the end of the season. So I looked up FSU, SU and since Louisville is next up, who each team plays this season twice to get an idea of the strength of the ACC schedule between them.

FSU plays Miami, Georgia Tech, Wake, and Clemson
SU plays Duke, Pitt, BC, and Clemson
Louisville plays UNC, UVA, BC and Pitt

FSU definitely looks like it played the most favorable ACC schedule while Louisville will play the toughest one and us a lighter ACC schedule than Louisville but definitely more difficult than FSU’s. . In my next life it would be interesting to note of the teams in contention after Duke, UNC, and Virginia - who plays those 3 teams at home vs away in their only game against them, coupled with the strength of the ACC teams each team must play twice.

Regardless you have to beat whose on the schedule to win.

The ACC’s uneven schedule means each team plays 4 teams twice and the remainder just once. It can make comparing years between a team’s performance in the ACC more difficult too. I just heard a broadcaster predict that FSU will be the 4th best team at the end of the season. So I looked up FSU, SU and since Louisville is next up, who each team plays this season twice to get an idea of the strength of the ACC schedule between them.

FSU plays Miami, Georgia Tech, Wake, and Clemson
SU plays Duke, Pitt, BC, and Clemson
Louisville plays UNC, UVA, BC and Pitt

FSU definitely looks like it played the most favorable ACC schedule while Louisville will play the toughest one and us a lighter ACC schedule than Louisville but definitely more difficult than FSU’s. . In my next life it would be interesting to note of the teams in contention after Duke, UNC, and Virginia - plays those 3 teams at home vs away when playing them in their only game against them, coupled with the strength of the ACC teams each team must play twice.

Regardless you have to beat whose on the schedule to win.
Good stuff. Also of interest would be who/where a team plays with a short turnaround.

This year we play @Duke, @VaTech and vsUVA each with a one day turnaround that amounts to a travel day. That’s not a lot of time to learn from the previous game, eat, study, rest, travel, and prepare for the next game. We talkin bout practice?

On top of that, we play Louisville, Duke, and NC in a week span. Only two days in btw each game.

So although we get BC and Pitt twice, our schedule is tough in other aspects. Would be interesting to compare with other teams as you have done above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom