Has women's basketball gotten a lot better? | Syracusefan.com

Has women's basketball gotten a lot better?

supp

Hall of Fame
I freely admit that I haven't watched a lot of women's basketball over the years. But I remember it being much more painful to watch than it is now. Nobody could shoot and most everyone looked generally unathletic. But today it just looks much smoother and more fluid than before. And they really can shoot.

Maybe nothing has really changed and what I'm seeing in the women's game now is more about how ugly men's college basketball has become in relation. Don't really know.

I freely admit that I haven't watched a lot of women's basketball over the years. But I remember it being much more painful to watch than it is now. Nobody could shoot and most everyone looked generally unathletic. But today it just looks much smoother and more fluid than before. And they really can shoot.

Maybe nothing has really changed and what I'm seeing in the women's game now is more about how ugly men's college basketball has become in relation. Don't really know.
Tiana Mangakahia is fun to watch

No, it hasn't changed much. You've just been watching too many SU men's games.

The women’s game is better. Their problem is still the top teams meaning top 5 are just better than everyone else.
Number 1 won’t go and lose on the road to a good non ranked team.

The women’s game is fine. In college basketball it’s probably better on Tv than the men’s game because teams develop chemistry and play together multiple years.

The sport needs more 5 star talent so that the regular season has more upsets.

The women’s game is better. Their problem is still the top teams meaning top 5 are just better than everyone else.
Number 1 won’t go and lose on the road to a good non ranked team.

The women’s game is fine. In college basketball it’s probably better on Tv than the men’s game because teams develop chemistry and play together multiple years.

The sport needs more 5 star talent so that the regular season has more upsets.

Very much agree. I really enjoy watch Q's team play, but it's just not as much fun realizing there is a definite ceiling to what they can do just because they aren't as good as UConn and the other couple in the top tier.

The problem with womens hoops is that they need more tennis and beach volleyball players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom