Hate to be negative but | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hate to be negative but

I intend to be an SU fan.

and why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend??
no one is asking for anyone to go out and paint their house powder blue or to learn the dook fight song.

just be THRILLED that Syracuse can now sit out the rest or realignment with knowledge they are safe and will be a player with what ever the big boys decide to do.

seriously, at this point i think id rather have storz and rut, no need for ND and their mind games. but of course, id like them to be pissing in the wind for a while too.:cool:

My quick reaction was "Yuck". Hate the ACC.

A less-than-quick reaction was "Yuck". Love the BET @MSG and rivalries.

My final reaction was "Cool". Its the NEW ACC and it will be good. It will be good. It will be good. It will be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

there he is!! captain bigmidwest!! :bang:

Syracuse has basically been threatening (trying) to leave the big east ever since penn st was boned. they brought in pitt to keep bc and SU happy. then they brought in miami. then they brought in the rest of the footballs...and then they all started leaving.

so therefore:
SU very publically tried to leave 8 years ago.

didnt work. :(

so SU very quietly, tried to leave this summer.

worked.:cool:

and if 10 teams applied to the ACC in recent months and YOUR SCHOOL is NOT one of them...im talking to all thats lefft in the bmw...then youve been outsmarted by the likes of memphis, ecu, cfu, fla atl and other power programs and leading minds who dont want to be left holding the bag...

:rolling:
I have said I understand it might be necessary, At least I will share your mind set from now on . I will never ever be rooting for my conference mates from the moving date forward. Its SU against the world now.

i hate the ACC down to my core and root against them whenever they play anybody. especially the defectors miami,BC and VA tech. their football league sucks as bad as ours and there is now talk of clemson and fla st. bolting. and everyone knows the BE is already the best basketball conference hands down. and what did leaving the BE do for miami,BC or the hokies? not in the big picture discussion for football or hoops.
this is a sad day for me. 30 years of great BE tradition flushed down the crapper for a few more dollars. sad how money now drives college sports too.

Having despised the ACC for so long , Am I the only one that is going to have to find the nearest garbage disposal and hurl my guts out the first time I see the ACC logo staining my beloved Dome field.
I am with you, but it's a mute point now. It definitely will not stop me from cheering for SU and from what I've seen UCONN is coming with us and Pitt so that's better than yesterday. I'll love watching SU play UNC and I despise Duke more than any team in the nation, even GTown. So there will be no shortage of games to cheer for. I don't think this move is as great as everyone else either, but my little opinion matters about nothing, I suppose from the perspective of SU not going and other BE teams going leaving us holding the bag in amuch depleted BE, there really was not option. I don't like it for other reasons.

this is a sad day for me. 30 years of great BE tradition flushed down the crapper for a few more dollars. sad how money now drives college sports too.

A few more dollars? You really think this is over a few more dollars? This is about survival and long-term sustainability.

I promise you that it would be a much, MUCH sadder day for you when the musical chairs of conference shuffling ends and SU is left standing around without a seat.

Look at the Southwest Conference in the mid-1990s. That teams that got left behind (Rice, SMU, TCU, Houston) have never been the same after the rest went to the greener pastures of the Big 12.

To be fair SMU not being the same is because they were killedby the NCAA and have never recovered. The rest you're probably right.

To be fair SMU not being the same is because they were killedby the NCAA and have never recovered. The rest you're probably right.
SMU got left behind BECAUSE they were on probation. If SMU were in the same position in the early 90's that they were in the early 80's, there would have been no way they would have gotten left out of the Big 12 (most likely at the expense of Baylor).

i hate the ACC down to my core and root against them whenever they play anybody. especially the defectors miami,BC and VA tech. their football league sucks as bad as ours and there is now talk of clemson and fla st. bolting. and everyone knows the BE is already the best basketball conference hands down. and what did leaving the BE do for miami,BC or the hokies? not in the big picture discussion for football or hoops.

Well we're a defector now, so I hope you have some Providence gear in the closet. BE basketball isn't better "hands down" without SU and Pitt, and if UConn makes the move too, I'd say it's ACC in a landslide.

That "notice" isn't the same as straight out saying, listen we filed (noticed past tense here) applications to join the ACC. The commissioner shouldn't have to find out about this from a news reporter (one story filed) or from the ACC commissioner (the other story). Nordy and the Wee One should have had the guts to inform him themselves. They apparently didn't, or at least no story yet that indicates this.

And that's my last commentary on this particular point, which is the only "sour" part of this otherwise happy occasion.

Cheers,
Neil

No surprise I love the move to the ACC & even the haters will learn to love it too over time. Rhe reasons have been discussed and are obvious. The Big East is like my old Syracuse neighborhood, it was great place growing up, it sadly changed, the old times ain't coming back, and you have to leave.

As for rooting for conference mates, no sane person roots for Duke.

SMU got left behind BECAUSE they were on probation. If SMU were in the same position in the early 90's that they were in the early 80's, there would have been no way they would have gotten left out of the Big 12 (most likely at the expense of Baylor).
Isn't that what I said?

I'm looking forward to the move to the ACC.
Not looking forward to seeing Randy Edsall again.

Good call... but I will always be one of those people that roots for my conference when they aren't playing the Cuse

If you say so. I didn't start rooting for conference members until the first raid happened. I absolutely hated Pitt, WV, BC, VT, and Miami and wanted them all to lose every opportunity they had. When they did lose, I took great pleasure in it. 2000 Sugar Bowl? Biggest FSU fan in all of CNY. Then the bottom fell out. It was Cuse, WV, Pitt, and BC to pick up the pieces, then BC split. Wow, what a dejected exgirlfriend we became. So much so that we joined the ex-wives club and befriended their fan bases and all became each other's support structure. Well guess what? We just got propositioned by a hot young Dr/Lawyer/MBA whatever. It's not the CEO(SEC) or CFO(B10), but it's absolutely glamorous compared to what the man-haters are left to fight over.

My point is simple. There is no need to wish success on our new found rivals. So instead of being a dejected ex, we can become the jealous type. The one who constantly strives to be thinner, prettier, and leader of the group. Honestly and I can say this with so much joy in my heart today: VT? FSU? BC? Miami? I hope they all get sunspots and varicose veins. Skeezy little bit...... :D

God it feels good to hate again. Where's my Calvin pissing on VT flag? I need to find it.

If you say so. I didn't start rooting for conference members until the first raid happened. I absolutely hated Pitt, WV, BC, VT, and Miami and wanted them all to lose every opportunity they had. When they did lose, I took great pleasure in it. 2000 Sugar Bowl? Biggest FSU fan in all of CNY. Then the bottom fell out. It was Cuse, WV, Pitt, and BC to pick up the pieces, then BC split. Wow, what a dejected exgirlfriend we became. So much so that we joined the ex-wives club and befriended their fan bases and all became each other's support structure. Well guess what? We just got propositioned by a hot young Dr/Lawyer/MBA whatever. It's not the CEO(SEC) or CFO(B10), but it's absolutely glamorous compared to what the man-haters are left to fight over.

My point is simple. There is no need to wish success on our new found rivals. So instead of being a dejected ex, we can become the jealous type. The one who constantly strives to be thinner, prettier, and leader of the group. Honestly and I can say this with so much joy in my heart today: VT? FSU? BC? Miami? I hope they all get sunspots and varicose veins. Skeezy little bit...... :D

God it feels good to hate again. Where's my Calvin pissing on VT flag? I need to find it.

I actually don't disagree with most of what you write. That feeling did become magnified because we needed to represent as a conference (and, well, we sucked in football, so no harm done there). So piss away on VT!!!

I root for our conference because the better other teams are, the better our games will be. If our competition is ranked and we win... AWESOME. If they are ranked and we lose... at least our own rankings shouldn't take a free-fall. The more exciting the conference is, the better the ratings, and the better the next TV contract and perks will be. How bout rivalries? I never understood rooting against G-Town out of conference. They are so much fun to hate that if they suck and we walk all over them, it just isn't the same as a 40-minute war. Now, this isn't to say that when conference play starts I am not rooting like crazy for certain scenarios that may help the Orange reach the top of the mountain. Prior to that though, I want every team in the conference to clean the clocks of other schools leading up to the REAL season.

One thing of note, I figure every team has one low-life bottom-feeder, so I don't have a problem with finding the school I hate, normally one that adds nothing to the conference, and rooting for them to lose every stinking game **cough** **cough** Rutgers **COUGH** **COUGH**.

For me, the most "negative" thing about this is the "stealth" way in which it was handled. If the reports are true, we didn't even bother to notify the commissioner's office even after we had applied.

If true, that is worse than anything BC did back in 2003.

When was the appropriate time to let the rest of the league know? It would have simply led to chaotic situation that probably would have made thing far more nasty. Furthermore, this would have gotten very messy as you would have suddenly had this mad dash of schools and conferences trying to make their own deals.

This is the whole point of the 27 month waiting period? The league has a process for which a team can leave the conference. As far as I can see, we are following that process appropriately.

Most fans inside the ACC had a soft spot for Syracuse because they were supposed to come along in the original expansion plan and did not try to sue the conference after they were not chosen the first time around. The only fan base who does not seem totally on board with this new wave of ACC expansion is FSU's, but you got to realize that most of those people are holding out hope for an SEC invite.

My heart is saying that it sucks, especially considering I live in Jersey and I have had Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. Johns, Nova, the Big East Tournament, The Meadowlands, tournaments in the Garden, and even Princeton (lax) all within an hour or so for me to see the Cuse.

But, my brain is saying that the league is more stable, less of a laughing stock in football, financially advantageous, and a better fit academically (if that makes a difference).

I think we will soon get over the loss of the Big East when (and if) Florida State, Clemson, Va Tech, GA Tech, Miami, and BC come to play football in the dome. Plus, is anyone really going to be upset playing Duke and NC in basketball?

But...but...but...we're going to miss out on playing Air Force!!!

Seriously, how is this still even a discussion?

But...but...but...we're going to miss out on playing Air Force!!!

Seriously, how is this still even a discussion?
you just blew up the best conference in basketball.for more football money. it's that simple and that stoopid.

It seems we put the Big East on notice in 2004 that SU wasn't happy. The failure of the Big East to respond to the concerns of member schools is on the conference and its managers. They've had plenty of time to establish a master plan for the Big East with only piecemeal and disconnected changes. I don't think we should find fault with SU & Pitt deciding that they'd been patient enough and that it was time for a change. Considering the complications with the last move to the ACC, I'm surprised that it was announced at all. I'd have bet that it would have been kept secret until schedules were released.

you just blew up the best conference in basketball.for more football money. it's that simple and that stoopid.
The Big East was going to be blown up in any case. It's a basketball conference in what has become a football world.

Would you have preferred that UConn left with Pitt, and we be the one, hat in hand, begging for one of the surviving power conferences to take us?

Exactly so... but you also created the NEW best conference in basketball (hands down if UConn joins the party), while creating a football conference that isn't the best, but certainly competitive enough to be both entertaining, lucrative, and stable... not so stoopid..... and seeing how long this took to finally happen, not too simple either.