Hate to be negative but | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hate to be negative but

For me, the most "negative" thing about this is the "stealth" way in which it was handled. If the reports are true, we didn't even bother to notify the commissioner's office even after we had applied.

If true, that is worse than anything BC did back in 2003.

Cheers,
Neil
--------------------

Please explain???????????????????

SU received an offer: said yes: hardly a spur of the moment decision; waited for the ACC to act and then presumably informed the Big East.

BC by all accounts made it clear they were not on board with the 8-8 model and as early as September 21st of 2003 there were reports of them contacting the ACC if there was still interest in them being #12.

When the commissioner got the phone call about three weeks later, he was not in least bit surprised. Accounts from most everyone so far indicate this was all done in the past 48 hours taking everyone by surprise.

Sorry if you are upset that I'm not seeing this through orange-colored glasses on this particular point.

Cheers,
Neil
----------------

The ACC said they received 10 contacts about admission. Did the other Big East schools also notify the Big East and for what purpose?

Having despised the ACC for so long , Am I the only one that is going to have to find the nearest garbage disposal and hurl my guts out the first time I see the ACC logo staining my beloved Dome field.

-------------------

I hope so.

How would you feel if you read that RU and UConn were invited and SU was left behind?

This is a question about what universities SU wants to associate with and what conference offer stability over the next many years.

you just blew up the best conference in basketball.for more football money. it's that simple and that stoopid.

Is this a real post?

The best conference in basketball label is following us for the ride. And we get more money. And we'll probably still play Georgetown just as many times per year.

The only downside I've seen is that those living in CT or NJ won't get a road game nearby. But we'll be playing at BC every other year (for some of you CTers), and we have Meadowlands games upcoming against PSU and ND in the next 5 years. Problem solved.

Oh and Marrone's sales pitch for recruits should be much stronger, especially against Schiano and Pasqualoni.

Win win win win win win win win win win win win.

The way I look at it, the old Big East football conference is basically being re-assembled. The original league had 6 good teams, 5 of whom will now be re-united. In football, I will miss West Virginia, but certainly not Rutgers or UConn. I'm especially looking forward to playing Va Tech again. SU and Va Tech had a great rivalry with several classic games, and I can't wait for SU to cause coach Beamer to come up with new excuses for losing.

It seems we put the Big East on notice in 2004 that SU wasn't happy. The failure of the Big East to respond to the concerns of member schools is on the conference and its managers. They've had plenty of time to establish a master plan for the Big East with only piecemeal and disconnected changes. I don't think we should find fault with SU & Pitt deciding that they'd been patient enough and that it was time for a change. Considering the complications with the last move to the ACC, I'm surprised that it was announced at all. I'd have bet that it would have been kept secret until schedules were released.
One also wonders what BCU would've done if the BE had honored their wish/demand that no more hoops-only schools be added. They may still have gone, but the additions of Marquette and DePaul sealed that deal.

and why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend??
no one is asking for anyone to go out and paint their house powder blue or to learn the dook fight song.

just be THRILLED that Syracuse can now sit out the rest or realignment with knowledge they are safe and will be a player with what ever the big boys decide to do.

seriously, at this point i think id rather have storz and rut, no need for ND and their mind games. but of course, id like them to be pissing in the wind for a while too.:cool:

Yep. agree 100% and adding RU/ UCONN is a 16 team conference where SU belongs, so glad to be freee from Conf USA nonsense

One also wonders what BCU would've done if the BE had honored their wish/demand that no more hoops-only schools be added. They may still have gone, but the additions of Marquette and DePaul sealed that deal.
I'm stung by leaving a conference that SU helped to found and understand the reaction of those that don't want to see those bonds disappear. However, commitment works both ways. The conference did little to maintain value for the member schools, at least the football schools. The most recent event being the ESPN $1 Billion offer that was voted down. It's the responsibility of member schools to work to be competitive and create value for the league. It's the responsibility of the conference to maximize the value that each of the member schools receives. The Big East failed to do that. It's had ample opportunity to find a balance between football & basketball to keep the schools loyal to the conference. I wanted the BE to prosper and it has in terms of the product it created. It failed not because of the schools as much as from the BE itself. That is who should be blamed in this migration. SU is first and foremost a business. If it can't receive similar value from the Big East compared with the ACC (BE football schools receive 1/3 as much as ACC schools?), then how can the administration stay with the BE and be good stewards of the university? I'm disgusted, but not with SU or Pitt. The BE failed everyone that worked so hard to make it viable, including a couple of generations of SU administrators, coaches, players, students, & fans. Perhaps when all of the football schools leave for the same reasons as SU & Pitt, this will be the reality:

Big-East-Football-Sucks-Cartoon.jpg

moz-screenshot.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom