Hate To Be That Guy, But... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hate To Be That Guy, But...

I don't think you can draft guys for special teams. Well, you can, but you will be out of a job quickly. Kids that play specials are your young highly recruited kids that need a kick in the ass to show their team commitment and that they are a fb player. Or, yes, thet are the marginal kid position wise that can work his tail off and show something.
giphy.gif

Please know that Canton was THE BEST player we had at camp. He dominated and has the ability to be an impact player here in the US. If he played football in the states, I’d expect him to have at multiple p5 offers, and probably would have better options than Syracuse.

Name the tailgate, and location...I will bring you your name tag.

Lol, i am not highly recruited and i am 40, I'm a man as the OSU coach would say, lol.

Exactly! Look, DeVito was a 2* without many big offers until after the elite 11. Trill was a low 3* until the middle of the last season. I’m not worried about these unranked kids. I’m especially not worried about unranked kids with these measurables.
Devito a 2*? That kid was never a 2*.

Devito a 2*? That kid was never a 2*.

Rovals has him as a 2* when he originally committed before the elite 11 (and shortly after)

I think it's a very valid discussion point and it's not like you have a history of being constantly negative . I trust Dino but that doesn't mean I don't wish our commits had attracted the interest of other Power 5 programs.

I think it's fair to say we've been lagging behind, and we had to get some bodies into this class. Now, we can afford to be more selective with the 10 or so ships we have left.

Rovals has him as a 2* when he originally committed before the elite 11 (and shortly after)
Well, that just confirms to me why I never use them as a recruiting analyst.

Exactly! Look, DeVito was a 2* without many big offers until after the elite 11. Trill was a low 3* until the middle of the last season. I’m not worried about these unranked kids. I’m especially not worried about unranked kids with these measurables.
...or who received offers after attending camp.

...or who received offers after attending camp.

Well, I am happy to have all these young men join the program.
Of the 7 new commits, 3 have P-5 offers and 1 is from Canada. That's not great, but at least they saw them all at camp.

Two are linemen from good programs who are both 6-4. We currently have some line depth, so these guys don't have to be rushed.

So far, Nunn and Jackson are the 2 guys to get most excited about.

My only quibbles would be that Cole is a little small at CB for elite ACC level, but Plantation is a terrific program in Florida.

And Benson looks like a better DE (although really skinny at only 210) than a TE, based on his high school numbers.

Please know that Canton was THE BEST player we had at camp. He dominated and has the ability to be an impact player here in the US. If he played football in the states, I’d expect him to have at multiple p5 offers, and probably would have better options than Syracuse.

Great insight. Whenever we grab a kid from Canada that camps with us I kind of assume that he’s a physical talent of high quality. It would be rare to get a kid who is technically far along from that part of the world.

Please know that Canton was THE BEST player we had at camp. He dominated and has the ability to be an impact player here in the US. If he played football in the states, I’d expect him to have multiple p5 offers, but it wouldn't have mattered because Syracuse is a destination school.
Fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom