Have a real sinking feeling... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have a real sinking feeling...

It wouldn't be the first time for Kentucky. Programs generally report themselves to avoid severe NCAA penalties. That may happen if there is enough "noise" out there. The NCAA probably won't investigate on their own though, based on rumors. It would have to be something that is pretty iron clad for either Kentucky to self report or the NCAA to step in.

It's really better to be incredibly dirty than just being kinda dirty. see Ohio State.

The NCAA tends to come down hard on programs that have little history of violations rather than perennial violators.

What's with all the personal attacks on this kid BRNCUSEFRVCUSE ?

I don't get it.

I'm glad you said it. I was wondering the same thing. I guess I don't know some of the back-and-forth that has gone on. Thankfully, there is no one correcting my grammar and spelling on a daily basis.

Where are the Yahoo Sports on exposing this? Guess they're not interested in a real story. Of course there's so much $$$ involved in this maybe they're afraid of waking up dead.

Yahoo sports actually wrote an article saying the Sun Times was irresponsible when it wrote an article and stated the rumors surrounding Davis SR looking to sell his kid to the highest bidder.

Check it out

Article #1

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...-suggests-Kentucky-paid-200K?urn=ncaab,260282

Article #2

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...ontinues-with-latest-article?urn=ncaab,260739

Cal COULD be on the verge of turning UK into a dynasty. Noel and Bazz could easily step into the position of Davis and MKG w/o missing much of a beat. I know they'll lose other pieces, but I think Cal has proven he can replace 'stars' better than anybody else.

I hate that I just typed that.

Cal could easily just leave UK as well. If he doesn't get Noel or Shabazz along with Losing Miller, Davis, Jones, Gilchirst and Possibly Teague and Lamb he would lose all 6 core players this year. His team wouldn't be a top 25 team. If that happens I could see him just bailing and going to the pros.

How bout you have a glass of whatever, then have a glass half empty of the samething then go kick some ricks on a bridge. Then go jump off that bridge
What did Rick ever do to you?

What's with all the personal attacks on this kid BRNCUSEFRVCUSE ?

I don't get it.
He hijacked every thread he posted on by saying he could beat Brandon Reese in a game of one on one. He's like a syracuse.com poster.

He hijacked every thread he posted on by saying he could beat Brandon Reese in a game of one on one. He's like a syracuse.com poster.
I mostly just like to have fun with him and only get irritated with his grammar and spelling because he has said repeatedly he wants to be a journalist. It drives me nuts that someone who wants to write for a living has no idea how to do so in the first place and repeatedly ignores corrections and keeps making the same mistakes.

He's actually like a more literate syracuse.com poster.

I'd rather Jake say we were first than not, but unless Jake is Noel, I have a hard time putting much stock in it.

And whatever Jake's opinion was, it is only valid at the point he gave it. We all know that the recruiting process is dynamic and can change as quickly as Cal can say "Ok, now that we won the NC, I've got boosters lined up to give you that additional 500K you asked for; the new car and apartment for your mother and the scholarship and job for your girlfriend. Now who is your favorite?"

I mostly just like to have fun with him and only get irritated with his grammar and spelling because he has said repeatedly he wants to be a journalist. It drives me nuts that someone who wants to write for a living has no idea how to do so in the first place and repeatedly ignores corrections and keeps making the same mistakes.
i just eight a sammich over hear

Who cares, most people on these boards know football better than Marrone and they know basketball better than Boeheim.

Maybe he can take Brandon Reese, Reese is a 5-8 walkon for cripes sake.

And everytime I read something he writes it's positive. Doesn't sound like a syracuse.com poster to me and it's better than most of the wah posts i'll read about spring practice being closed.

nevertheless i think the personal attacks are a bit over the top and uncalled for - just my 2 cents.

I don't see it. Ky already has Poythress, who's a 6'8 5 star forward (he's taller and brings the same kind of energy as Bazz, even if he's a slightly less prolific scorer...), and they already have a 5 star SG and a 7 footer.

But they won't have NN, because he'll be wearing Orange.

I am not afraid of losing him. dont get me wrong, I would love to have him, but imo, people are really underestimating what DC2 will be (a flat out stud).

I am not afraid of losing him. dont get me wrong, I would love to have him, but imo, people are really underestimating what DC2 will be (a flat out stud).
I agree. He looks taller and slimmer (or at least, carries the weight better) than I expected, and he's REALLY advanced offensively. He could be a star early.

I would rather Noel go to UK than Gtown. That being said, I still trust Jake's opinion when he stated it was Cuse then Gtown...then UK. Havent heard from him in a while though so hopefully things didnt change.

Noel's comments seem more specific and impressive when he mentions us in comparison to UK and Gtown. Gtown he talks about their Bigs, UK he talks about them and the NBA. With us he mentions Boeheim and Hop specifically, MCW specifically and calls it a "family" thing which he has said is important to him in almost every interview he has done. Also, Gtown and UK fans want to rip us because we might use him at the 4, but I would tell Noel, you're going to be a 4 in the NBA. What better way to develop your game than by playing the position you will translate to in the NBA?

There is not enough to go on. Its nice to talk about family, but his main interest has to be the NBA. college is only a one year gig. Family and proximity are in our favor but I don't like the setting on the 11th. UK could get 3 commits simultaneously. Instant reload. Play one yr, get a NC and go out as the #1 pick. Kentucky is the team that we have to beat out. dam the anti-Melo.

There is not enough to go on. Its nice to talk about family, but his main interest has to be the NBA. college is only a one year gig. Family and proximity are in our favor but I don't like the setting on the 11th. UK could get 3 commits simultaneously. Instant reload. Play one yr, get a NC and go out as the #1 pick. Kentucky is the team that we have to beat out. dam the anti-Melo.
If the scenario of a mass commitment of those 3 to UK on the 11th goes down...the rules will change. That will be the last year UK gets to do this. They are already getting articles written all over the place about how they are ruining college basketball. The discussion on ESPN First Take yesterday was about this and they all agreed they dont trust Cal, borderline calling him and his shadyness out. Everytime I have heard Cal mentioned this morning its been followed by his "ghost of vacated titles". If UK gets Noel and Shabazz on the 11th in the fashion it would occur (televised joint commitment) it will trigger a changing of the rules. Its just too "in your face".

people make it sound like UK is the only destination. Shabazz goes to UCLA that would make a great class plus he'd get to stay on the west coast. Noel has the whole family thing with SU which is a great selling point. Calipari could very well leave for the NBA, you don't think that has to be going through recruits minds? What it comes down to is every team has pro's and con's. I just don't see as many at SU, but I have my rose colored glasses on. Think about it, come to SU and become a title contender. Or, go to UK and bank on Shabazz coming with you to become a contender. Because that's the only way UK will be a contender next year, is if they get both. It comes down to play with one of your best friends or play with Shabazz. Either way he will be a top pick.

I would be disappointed to lose Noel but before he re-classified, SU was very happy with their recruits for this year. Noel will be icing on the cake if we can land him. SU is an elite recruiting program that will be in a good position to get a top big man from the junior class. That is how recruiting works, for every top player you lose, it opens up a spot for another one (think Hakim Warrick recruiting).

If the scenario of a mass commitment of those 3 to UK on the 11th goes down...the rules will change. That will be the last year UK gets to do this. They are already getting articles written all over the place about how they are ruining college basketball. The discussion on ESPN First Take yesterday was about this and they all agreed they dont trust Cal, borderline calling him and his shadyness out. Everytime I have heard Cal mentioned this morning its been followed by his "ghost of vacated titles". If UK gets Noel and Shabazz on the 11th in the fashion it would occur (televised joint commitment) it will trigger a changing of the rules. Its just too "in your face".
And how would you change the rules to prevent such a scenario from happening?

And how would you change the rules to prevent such a scenario from happening?

They already are changing the rules in ways that impact it, such as instituting the APR. The APR doesn't directly prevent it, but its intention is to force the kids coming through (including the one and dones) to actually take academics seriously for the years they are on campus. You could make an APR like rule even more draconian in an attempt to root out the one and done players, or at least make it more difficult for programs with multiple one and dones to survive the effect of the APR once they lose those guys.

Not saying they should do this, but I am in the camp that having five or six guys on a team that leave after playing only 1 or 2 years is really undermining the spirit of college athletics. It is supposed to be about competing in an athletic endeavor while getting an academic education, not coming to campus to prepare yourself to play professionally. Universities are not the place to groom the next crop of professional athletes, that should be done in a professional minor league system.

I am really torn on this issue. I really enjoy college basketball, especially the level at which Cuse is playing it today. However, I don't like the fact that the rosters are becoming so transient. Since Melo, we've had Dion, Fab, Flynn, Donte, Harris, and Devo all leave Cuse before their eligibility was exhausted to pursue professional careers. It's not terrible, but the pace of early departures is picking up and we have guys on the current roster like Rak, Coleman and MCW who also could end up in that camp.

I'm not exactly sure what rule you could implement. I guess maybe something with the APR, but I don't see it, really. You already have enough coaches railing against the APR as it is.