Have to figure we bring in a transfer big... right? | Syracusefan.com

Have to figure we bring in a transfer big... right?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
How could we afford to play out another season with a sf/pf at center?

Yep, but I could also see it happen again. Boeheim seems to be making decisions for reasons that don't always align with the greatest likelihood to succeed. I mean come on... we have guys all over the court not playing their natural position. It's insane. Really insane. I wonder why we struggle to compete at a high level consistently.

The only solution is to petition the NCAA to shrink the width of the court.

...or change the shape:

1614341921301.png

You would think but who knows with how badly we have botched the center position. If Jimmy Boeheim Jr was playing the 5 next year it wouldn't shock me.
The Ivy League voted to change their rules and allow seniors to come back and play their last season of eligibility next season.

For the last time, Jimmy is not transferring to Syracuse. He loves it at Cornell and desperately wants to finish his playing career there. The closest he will come to playing for Syracuse is when he plays against them next season for the Big Red.

JB Recruiting letter

Come and play basketball at the university of Syracuse. Learn how to play the game with a flurry of guards and then thin Coplayers . Excuse me on that if you play they’ll be five coplayers. Plus if you’re really good you’ll be playing the zone and not learning any bad habits you’re playing the man the man if you are lucky enough to play in Europe or get a chance to try out in the NBA. By the way if you were center try contacting any other schools that we play

The Ivy League voted to change their rules and allow seniors to come back and play their last season of eligibility next season.

For the last time, Jimmy is not transferring to Syracuse. He loves it at Cornell and desperately wants to finish his playing career there. The closest he will come to playing for Syracuse is when he plays against them next season for the Big Red.
Is this opinion or informed speculation?

Is this opinion or informed speculation?
I said a couple of things there. Not sure what you are asking about.

The Ivy League decision is a fact.

I have heard Jimmy Boeheim (the younger) asked about finishing his basketball career 4 or 5 times. Every time he has said that that he feels loyalty to Cornell for giving him a chance to play college basketball and that he really wants to finish his career there. He is clearly happy there and Cornell is a great fit for him. It fits his skill set, it is close enough for his family to see a lot of home games, it is great academically, etc.

I can't imagine him not returning next season to finish his career there.

Whether you consider this second part of this post opinion or informed speculation is your call.

I said a couple of things there. Not sure what you are asking about.

I have heard Jimmy Boeheim (the younger) asked about finishing his basketball career 4 or 5 times. Every time he has said that that he feels loyalty to Cornell for giving him a chance to play college basketball and that he really wants to finish his career there. He is clearly happy there and Cornell is a great fit for him. It fits his skill set, it is close enough for his family to see a lot of home games, it is great academically, etc.

I can't imagine him not returning next season to finish his career there.

Whether you consider this second part of this post informed speculation or opinion is your call.

The idea James is locked into returning to Cornell is not a fact.
JB said as much last week on his show.

I don’t think it’s a lock he is returning to Cornell to play again and others with credibility( you obviously have it as well) on here have said as much.

Which is why I asked is what you said opinion or informed speculation.
If it’s strictly your opinion it’s not the same as being told stuff without naming it.

It’s cool if it’s own opinion as we all have our own but if you were told something it counter the idea Jimmy may play here.

Yet he’s still in the portal and the elder Jimmy said he’s still weighing his options.

I heard Jimmy Jr had his bags packed until pops asked him to play the middle of the zone and become the next corner 3 ninja.

The idea James is locked into returning to Cornell is not a fact.
JB said as much last week on his show.

I don’t think it’s a lock he is returning to Cornell to play again and others with credibility( you obviously have it as well) on here have said as much.

Which is why I asked is what you said opinion or informed speculation.
If it’s strictly your opinion it’s not the same as being told stuff without naming it.

It’s cool if it’s own opinion as we all have our own but if you were told something it counter the idea Jimmy may play here.
I will stand by what I said. I believe Jimmy is going to return to Cornell to finish his career. He has been clear from the start on what he would like to do. All you need to do is listen to his comments on the issue.

If I were his dad and was asked for a public statement about his son's status, I would answer in a similar fashion. Let his son announce it himself, where and when he is comfortable doing it.

JB Recruiting letter

Come and play basketball at the university of Syracuse. Learn how to play the game with a flurry of guards and then thin Coplayers . Excuse me on that if you play they’ll be five coplayers. Plus if you’re really good you’ll be playing the zone and not learning any bad habits you’re playing the man the man if you are lucky enough to play in Europe or get a chance to try out in the NBA. By the way if you were center try contacting any other schools that we play
did you outsource this letter assignment to a non-basketball playing asian country and/or elementary school?

We'll have 4 centers next year who are either hurt or can't play. You want to add a 5th?
im predicting a lot of roster flux this offseason...might not be 5 here...

who might be some transfer big targets? anyone have a guess?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom