Have to say | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Have to say

And I'm pretty sure there was something a little off in his head...

He was a good scorer, but he was a terrible offensive player. And by that, I mean that he played his own offense, taking shots with no one under the basket, shooting early in the clock. He most definitely was not a good team offensive player.
I feel like he was good for two early 15 ft baskets a game and then disappeared and gave up 18 points on D by halftime.

Agreed. He was in constant hero ball mode. Tyus is clearly 100 times the offensive player he was and I have yet to see him take a hero ball type shot.

I should have said “phenomenally talented”

We'll need to keep playing well, but it is certainly attainable.

Agreed, but we will be favored every game outside of playing Kansas. I’d hate to see us trip up to someone we shouldn’t lose to.

Amazing what happens when a team plays with intensity...

I didn’t know Syracuse was allowed to do that. It’s weird being the team that fights for every loose ball and rebound.

I didn’t know Syracuse was allowed to do that. It’s weird being the team that fights for every loose ball and rebound.
I swear OB and MD does the ball on every possession somehow.

Every time I get a notification on this thread, I'm hearing the "have to say" in Ed Grimley's voice. I must say...

There’s zero excuse now to do worse than 12-1 in the non conference. I’ll excuse losing to Kansas, but as bad as UConn is we need to hammer them this year.
it's a young team, there will be ups and downs. Yukon probably isn't as bad as they have played, and we probably aren't as good as we have played. but there is a lot to like.

I didn't know that. Is there a story there?

It was the last time we played them before they left for the Big 10. The year we started 24-0. We edged them out and Turgeon said something to the effect that the better team lost and JB didn’t take kindly to it. I am sure there were other reasons but I think that really ticked him off

I complained all last year about the toughness and intensity. This year is a complete 180 - We have energetic, loud, attacking players who show emotion. So much better than last years golf claps and snapping their fingers after big plays like at a poetry reading.

I swear OB and MD does the ball on every possession somehow.
I agree seeing the team dive for loose balls and scrap is great. Also the announcers - the PBP guy was awful - did have one good point in that both OB and MD are quick off the floor on their first AND second jumps. I think that definitely plays into their ability to get a hand on so many 50-50 rebounds.

I agree seeing the team dive for loose balls and scrap is great. Also the announcers - the PBP guy was awful - did have one good point in that both OB and MD are quick off the floor on their first AND second jumps. I think that definitely plays into their ability to get a hand on so many 50-50 rebounds.

And smart - both guys get after their misses before anyone else reacts.

I'll add (not to criticize him, just an observation) that what you notice puts Moyer at a disadvantage - he's got ability as a rebounder, but his second leap looks very limited. Slow and not a lot of lift.

Very true -- was talking with my dad about that the other day. Had he returned, maybe we wouldn't be seeing as many minutes for either of the two centers -- and their emergence [I know, I know -- its early] has been a key factor for how this team is performing.

Good riddance. Glad him nearly screwing the team over isn't going to harm the program.
i will always worry about his mental health. he wasn't all there. but i'm glad he's elsewhere

'Desire' is a rebounding component, but so is 'live legs', the ability to quickly levitate, like a pogo stick; making that second jump before anyone else. This is how we out rebounded a very good rebounding team. Defense, and an offense based on REBOUNDING and DRIBBLE DRIVE will be our strengths. Maryland did not know, and neither did we until just recently.

I complained all last year about the toughness and intensity. This year is a complete 180 - We have energetic, loud, attacking players who show emotion. So much better than last years golf claps and snapping their fingers after big plays like at a poetry reading.

Well done, good sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom