Have we in fact seen the last of the current football uniforms? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have we in fact seen the last of the current football uniforms?

I’m going to go out on a limb, and predict that a large portion of this board will be very pleased in 2019.
You go out on a lot of limbs lately.
Hope u r right.

I just want to be able to buy an orange jersey and I hope I’m not asking much... with a number other than 44. I love the 44, but it is silly that we can’t have something simple like this. Our family alone probably already would have bought the numbers 2, 4, 10, 80. We don’t need the names on the back. Asking too much?

I just want to be able to buy an orange jersey and I hope I’m not asking much... with a number other than 44. I love the 44, but it is silly that we can’t have something simple like this. Our family alone probably already would have bought the numbers 2, 4, 10, 80. We don’t need the names on the back. Asking too much?

Amen. If you only offer one jersey and it's blue, what's the point of an Orange Out? Some times I think a five-year old is in charge of these things. I would have killed for a #2 jersey available to get for my nephew.

If we can't buy #2, #5, #9 and #88 at a minimum someone is asleep at the switch.

Make me an offer on my Greg Paulus jersey. :p

My biggest complaint is the random color choices and the lines on the numbers.
The lines through the numbers are just poor design in my opinion even though they are constrasting colors they will tend to blend together. Thus they don't pop. Please go back to solid numbers with a border around them. I also hate the orange helmets, the metallic color looks muddy to me, more towards copper then orange. I always thought the unis worn during the Marrone / Nassib era were a good compromise between old and new.

The lines through the numbers are just poor design in my opinion even though they are constrasting colors they will tend to blend together. Thus they don't pop. Please go back to solid numbers with a border around them. I also hate the orange helmets, the metallic color looks muddy to me, more towards copper then orange. I always thought the unis worn during the Marrone / Nassib era were a good compromise between old and new.
IMO, if the font was changed and borders were added to the numbers the 44 degree diagonal lines would be fine.

Hopefully the hideous grays have been donated to Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

We’re living in an era where Champion and Fila are popular again. Which means it’s the perfect time to bring the 90s Uniforms back.

I will regret this but...

The uniforms looked great last night
I agree with you. The Orange and Blue popped on the television screen. My ninety year old mom absolutely loves these uniforms and she has seen them all since the early 1940's lol. Go Orange!!!!!

Away - Orange pants white tops and do whatever you want with helmets. Can even do all white with Orange numbers, helmets and trim.
Home - classics with readable numbers.
No platinum. No all blue. We're the Orange!
I kinda like the all blue look actually. Not as a standard, but as a switch up I think it's a sharp look.

Clemson has our unis, or what they should be with the applicable Syracuse school colors. The same stripe across the helmet, the same stripe down the pant leg, the paw vs. the block S, the letter/numeral fonts and respective piping. Clemson's is perfect, a thing of beauty...and ours should be just as well. We are...SYRACUSE, after all.

The absolute worst look.

OBO at home
OWO away
A one off is ok for one game. All orange or all white.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think it looks good.

Dont know who the uniform guard is but he got it right. I was watching the UMich and Florida game yesterday. Really like the jordan jumpman on their classic uniforms it provided a touch of old school and new. This would be a home run look IMO. Edit. I still would like to see different combo and a alternate color look.

Last edited:
Clemson has our unis, or what they should be with the applicable Syracuse school colors. The same stripe across the helmet, the same stripe down the pant leg, the paw vs. the block S, the letter/numeral fonts and respective piping. Clemson's is perfect, a thing of beauty...and ours should be just as well. We are...SYRACUSE, after all.
I’d add Virginia to this conversation as well. And the all blue, all white, all orange thing works for me as well. Even Clemson does the purple thing once a year.

Go Tigers, beat Bama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom