Have we in fact seen the last of the current football uniforms? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Have we in fact seen the last of the current football uniforms?

Clemson has our unis, or what they should be with the applicable Syracuse school colors. The same stripe across the helmet, the same stripe down the pant leg, the paw vs. the block S, the letter/numeral fonts and respective piping. Clemson's is perfect, a thing of beauty...and ours should be just as well. We are...SYRACUSE, after all.
The actual frustrating thing is that *we* have our uniforms. SU had the sharpest uniforms in the BIG EAST. Looking like a clown brigade is a recent and unfortunate phenomenon.

We should do O-B-O 6/7 home games, and we should do O-O-O for one “orange out” game.

We should do O-W-O 4/5 away games, and we should do W-W-W for one “winter is coming” game down south.

Our bowl game should involve a traditional O-B/W-O look.

Argue about stripes (which I think we should have), fonts, block S’s all you want, but the basic color scheme shouldn’t be all that hard.

You can read the numbers. A+ design.
Just need to add the Blue Helmet, White helmet, White pants, Blue Pants and an Orange Jersey.

All with the classic look and it will be complete.

I will regret this but...

The uniforms looked great last night
I thought so too and I normally despise these uniforms. That shade of orange on the unis really stood out on TV. Not sure why they looked different to me. Maybe lighting, Outdoors vs Dome.

The absolute worst look.

OBO at home
OWO away
A one off is ok for one game. All orange or all white.
Agree with all of that though I think it bares mentioning that duct tape grey has no place on any Syracuse uniform. Ever.

Every ‘innovation’ the designers idiots at Nike introduced with the Syracuse uniform was foolish and all iof them need to be removed forever. One exception: the battle ax 44 little logo is worth keeping.

I hope all the designers who worked on Syracuse for Nike are hired by Adidas and work on Rutgers uniforms until they die.

Or is that just hopeful thinking?

I do love the Orange helmets.
I have to admit, the Orange-Blue-Orange combo is growing on me.

Amen. If you only offer one jersey and it's blue, what's the point of an Orange Out? Some times I think a five-year old is in charge of these things. I would have killed for a #2 jersey available to get for my nephew.

That's the Jersey, though. Just like the Giants. When the Giants went with the White & Red home jerseys, well it was a retro-60s look that I recognized from when I was a kid, but I always liked them in the blue ones better with the trim. Same with SU. The blue jerseys with white and orange trim was our brand in football for a very long time.

We should do O-B-O 6/7 home games, and we should do O-O-O for one “orange out” game.

We should do O-W-O 4/5 away games, and we should do W-W-W for one “winter is coming” game down south.

Our bowl game should involve a traditional O-B/W-O look.

Argue about stripes (which I think we should have), fonts, block S’s all you want, but the basic color scheme shouldn’t be all that hard.

Great post. BAM.

the battle ax 44 little logo is worth keeping

That battle axe logo is as bad ass as it gets. Please keep that, and put it on more merch.

Side note: watching the Browns right now. Their helmets are a prime example of how we could achieve a proper Orange while still being “matte”.

That battle axe logo is as bad ass as it gets. Please keep that, and put it on more merch.

Side note: watching the Browns right now. Their helmets are a prime example of how we could achieve a proper Orange while still being “matte”.

Ummm... I think all the previous posts reflect individual, subjective thinking and choice. Like art, uniform colors and designs are looked at subjectively. Some will like the forthcoming design, some won't but I don't think your going to get retro/throwback uniforms like the '98 one with dbl stripe helmets, dbl stripe pants white/blue jerseys.

We've moved forward twenty years and designers, whether they be from Nike, Under Armour, etc., are designing uniforms they think are better, more pronounced, loud, with metal flake, shiny helmets. Take the Seahawks bright green uniform – sure is bright green and you can see it a mile away.

Think that's where we are and will stay unfortunately for many including me (although the uni's worn in the Camping World Bowl were kind of nice) GOSU :)

Last edited:
Navy blue mesh half-shirts. End of discussion. While we're at it, bring back the friggin neck roll. Rhino wearing a neck roll would be an intimidating sight.
57d94707332e0c35d1ecfba66b668e18.jpg

Navy blue mesh half-shirts. End of discussion. While we're at it, bring back the friggin neck roll. Rhino wearing a neck roll would be an intimidating sight.
57d94707332e0c35d1ecfba66b668e18.jpg
This is the uniform for me period.

The only thing is I am not wearing it. An 18 - 21 year old is and they want new and cool like Oregon. Even conservative ND is up with the metal flake gold shiney helmets and contemporary wear.

I wonder who is the go between Nike / Under Armour and SU?

I don't know how it works. Do they, (Nike), give pay the program for us to use the helmets and uniforms for free advertising with the swoosh or do we have some say as to the color and design?

And who is that person/ committee? I'm from the dark ages here. Anyone know exactly how it works. And, who is the person(s) who has final say?

The NFL does what they want keeping their brand identity for years in fact GB forever why can't we?

Last edited:
I actually love our chrome helmets but I 100% want to change up the Unis to more closely look like our 90s jerseys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom