have you heard any "expert" mention our win at fsu? | Syracusefan.com

have you heard any "expert" mention our win at fsu?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
i swear i have not heard a single mention of that game. its like it never happened. syracuse struggled down the stretch, they lost to bc and georgia tech at home, they lost 4 of 5 games, thats all you hear. no mention of injuries, no mention of waxing fsu on the road to end the season after getting grant back. its really amazing. it doesnt even bother me its just weird, this does not happen with other big time programs.

How much talk should beating an NIT team on the road generate? Its what big time programs are supposed to do.

Seth Davis had a nice write up today in which he states that Cuse is a 1 seed on the rebound and mentioned the FSU game as support.

i swear i have not heard a single mention of that game. its like it never happened. syracuse struggled down the stretch, they lost to bc and georgia tech at home, they lost 4 of 5 games, thats all you hear. no mention of injuries, no mention of waxing fsu on the road to end the season after getting grant back. its really amazing. it doesnt even bother me its just weird, this does not happen with other big time programs.

How much credit should beating an 18-12 team get you?

How much credit should beating an 18-12 team get you?

it should be mentioned since grant was hurt and was back at full strength for a game many of us felt would be a close game and we won easily.

it should be mentioned since grant was hurt and was back at full strength for a game many of us felt would be a close game and we won easily.

That's the weird part. I wouldn't expect much credit for beating Florida State though.

We lose our first round pick, and not a single person mentions it. Meanwhile other teams have players with slight cold, and they run that out after every "who to watch out for" comment they can.

Oh well. Maybe because we were playing so-so even before JG got hurt?

Why?

because it shows we're healthy and playing well and not the same team that lost 4 of 5, which is all the "experts" talk about. did you see kansas lose to west virginia on saturday? duke to wake? arizona to oregon? it was a solid win and its like it never happened.

because it shows we're healthy and playing well and not the same team that lost 4 of 5, which is all the "experts" talk about. did you see kansas lose to west virginia on saturday? duke to wake? arizona to oregon? it was a solid win and its like it never happened.

All those losses were on the road, and none of those teams were as bad the ones we lost too. I can't believe No one else can see that distinction.

No ones giving us a pass or feels sorry for us because they shouldn't be. We shouldn't need Jerami Grant to beat f ing G tech at home.

But hey thank god we beat a mediocre FSU team. 2-4 beats 1-5.

All those losses were on the road, and none of those teams were as bad the ones we lost too. I can't believe No one else can see that distinction.

No ones giving us a pass or feels sorry for us because they shouldn't be. We shouldn't need Jerami Grant to beat f ing G tech at home.

i mentioned those teams losing to bubble teams to show that the fsu win was a solid win. arizona and kansas lost to bubble teams on the road the last game of the regular season, we beat a bubble team on the road last game of the regular season. it wasnt a gimme win. cuse got grant back, played very well, but its like it never happened. thats my only point.all you hear is "syraucse needs to get back on track in the acc tourny". we already got back on track.

i mentioned those teams losing to bubble teams to show that the fsu win was a solid win. arizona and kansas lost to bubble teams on the road the last game of the regular season, we beat a bubble team on the road last game of the regular season. it wasnt a gimme win. cuse got grant back, played very well, but its like it never happened. thats my only point.all you hear is "syraucse needs to get back on track in the acc tourny". we already got back on track.

I don't think one game constitutes getting "back on track" just yet.

Kansas lost at home to San Diego state. I get you are playing devils advocate, but you basically are saying other teams have excuses and we shouldn't.

Once again I don't think any of this matters, because the head of the committee says they don't cherry pick losses, like you are doing. What they do is compare top 100 and top 50 records of teams against each other. That is why we were screwed in 2007. Our schedule stunk.

For what it is worth we are 15-2 against the top 100. duke is 10-5. Kansas is 16-8 (with Embiid)(12-7) against top 50 vs our 6-2. I really don't think it's close between us and duke. Our resume is much better.

Seth Davis had a nice write up today in which he states that Cuse is a 1 seed on the rebound and mentioned the FSU game as support.
I just saw a tweet of his where he stated that 3 of our 4 losses were not at full strength

They've been told by the basketball media heads not to mention Syracuse unless it's deride them for losing to Boston College and show highlights of that game.