HCAA First Recruit? | Syracusefan.com

HCAA First Recruit?

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
Who do we think will be Red’s first recruit? It might be very telling by whom he checks out first. I’m interest if he visits Freeman, Fland, Bethea, Sorber and the young fella Moore! There’s a couple of Canadian kids too.

Who do we think will be Red’s first recruit? It might be very telling by whom he checks out first. I’m interest if he visits Freeman, Fland, Bethea, Sorber and the young fella Moore! There’s a couple of Canadian kids too.
My guess (and hope) is Moore / Fland combo. I believe they’re teammates? Or playing against each other tomorrow.

Well the staff is supposedly on the road recruiting, so we shouldn't have to wait long

Who’s JJ

jimmyjohns_logo.png

Elijah Strong, 6’8 245 - 2023 class, reopened his recruitment, just led his team to state championship in North Carolina
I’ve seen him play, large kid who can move, high energy and great touch around the rim. Possibly worth the staff looking into

Judah
If he hasn't already sat down with Mintz, Autry is going to need a new job sooner rather than later.

Moore sounded like he already knew Autry was our new coach. But the fact Moore's playing against a top 10 guard we've been linked to this weekend creates too great of an opportunity to pass up. That's my guess... Maybe the whole staff shows up together.

If he hasn't already sat down with Mintz, Autry is going to need a new job sooner rather than later.

Moore sounded like he already knew Autry was our new coach. But the fact Moore's playing against a top 10 guard we've been linked to this weekend creates too great of an opportunity to pass up. That's my guess... Maybe the whole staff shows up together.
The whole staff going to the game in which Moore plays against Fland has already been confirmed

The whole staff going to the game in which Moore plays against Fland has already been confirmed

Yeah, good job on my part blindly predicting something that had already been reported in another thread.

To be fair, I was spot on.

I’m not sure who the first commit will be. But fully expect an uptick in recruiting from the high school level and transfer portal. I don’t think we are going to have any problems with that. What’s left to be seen is how good of a coach Autry is. In terms of X’s and O’s and developing players.

We’ve seen with Louisville, it doesn’t matter how good you recruit, if you can’t coach and develop. But I fully expect Autry and the staff to recruit very well.

I’m not sure who the first commit will be. But fully expect an uptick in recruiting from the high school level and transfer portal. I don’t think we are going to have any problems with that. What’s left to be seen is how good of a coach Autry is. In terms of X’s and O’s and developing players.

We’ve seen with Louisville, it doesn’t matter how good you recruit, if you can’t coach and develop. But I fully expect Autry and the staff to recruit very well.

One thing about Payne is that he wasn't a high IQ player and to go with he really hasn't coached under a good x's and o's coach unless you count his short stint in the NBA. Kent at Oregon basically had one good year and then Cal was a put talent on the floor and play hard kind of guy. If the kids are good enough they win. If they need good coaching- well not so great. Obviously a dynamite recruiter. Remains to be seen but I would trust a guy under JB who also has his own original ideas than someone like Payne given his stops.

Obviously I know Louisville was just a reference but I am optimistic he can get it done as a coach.

Last edited:
Adrian Autry Jr. as an assistant coach? He was seated with the coaches at today's CHSAA championship game. What is he, about 25 year old now? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but we are an all in the family school.

Adrian Autry Jr. as an assistant coach? He was seated with the coaches at today's CHSAA championship game. What is he, about 25 year old now? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but we are an all in the family school.
I think AA Jr just lives in NYC lol

This is great news. We need to fill our roster with more talented athletes. A starting lineup of Mintz, Starling, Williams, Gueye and Edwards and we’re a top 25 team imo

A bench of Copeland, Taylor, Bell, Brown, and Hima would be outstanding.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom