HCDB's passionate speech. NSFW, but sweet! | Syracusefan.com

HCDB's passionate speech. NSFW, but sweet!

That was great. I thought 73 was going to get lit into for being late. Babers says this team can get to 6-0 if they work; 1 - 5 if they don't.

he says have faith, belief without evidence, but his statement about the core coaching staff speaks volumes. 4 years, 4 conf championships, 218 athletes, 2 trainers, 2 admins, etc. The coaches have shown, what they coach works. Up to the kids to make the commitment. Im amped. I want to run through a wall after hearing that.

Apologies to OX who linked this in the news section, but felt it needed its own thread. Too good! Little hard to hear, so turn up the volume.

*Ugh, stupid spelling error in title, OX can you help me out. So bad!

Corrections are 5 cents each. :cool::p:):rolleyes:

patton-1970-george-c-scott-opening.jpg

ThruWayWest said:
wish in one hand and $#*% in the other...see which one fills up first. I laughed out loud in my cubicle. CLASSIC
Another movie reference. Love it.

"Go as hard as you can. If you fall down, (head athletic trainer Denny Kellington) will help you. Brad (Kimble, Syracuse’s assistant athletic trainer) will help you and we’ll get somebody in there. Not in a negative way, but we need to be fast and get a fresh guy in there for tempo."

I love this part. It's so easy to think you need to hold back so you make it through the whole thing, and he's saying he doesn't care about that. Go as hard as you can for as long as you can and if you need a blow someone fresh goes in. And there's no reason to feel bad about that because that's what a team does. If you did the work in the spring and early summer you'll be able to do what we ask of you.

Last edited:
"Go as hard as you can. If you fall down, (head athletic trainer Denny Kellington) will help you. Brad (Kimble, Syracuse’s assistant athletic trainer) will help you and we’ll get somebody in there. Not in a negative way, but we need to be fast and get a fresh guy in there for tempo."

I love this part. It's so easy to think you need to hold back so you make it through the whole thing, and he's saying he doesn't care about that. Go as hard as you can for as long as you can and if you need a blow someone fresh goes in. And there's no reason to feel bad about that because that's what a team does. If you did the work in the spring and early summer you be able to do what we ask of you.
Can anyone who's been following HCDB's career enlighten me on his use of the full roster? Does he go deep on the bench to maintain tempo even in tight games?

Can anyone who's been following HCDB's career enlighten me on his use of the full roster? Does he go deep on the bench to maintain tempo even in tight games?
I don't have any real insight. I haven't studied BG games like some have on here. From what I understand, I think subbing on offense is kept to a minimum on any given drive to keep the pressure on the defense, but it makes sense that different guys would come in on successive drives to keep guys fresh.

sufandu said:
I don't have any real insight. I haven't studied BG games like some have on here. From what I understand, I think subbing on offense is kept to a minimum on any given drive to keep the pressure on the defense, but it makes sense that different guys would come in on successive drives to keep guys fresh.

That is correct. Not sure about defense.