HCDM is to HC Frank Maloney as ACC Membership is to opening Carrier Dome? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

HCDM is to HC Frank Maloney as ACC Membership is to opening Carrier Dome?

As helpful as it is for you to contradict the (factual) things I've said, I'll be exiting this thread now.

But that "newly heightened sensitivity" line is really a good one. Dang those "boys" discovering that they have the same rights as everyone else!

Exactly what "rights' is it that you think were violated? Watching movies about an era isn't exactly the same as living it.

Enjoying this thread. Despite my moniker, I cannot agree that Bill Hurley was the second best qb in the modern era after McNabb. I think McPherson and Graves were both clearly better.

I distinctly remember that Villanova game. When the Villanova team fell on the kickoff in the end zone I, like Hurley, figured it would be a touchback, not a touchdown. Learned that rule the hard way. Also, I remember SU trailing 17-0 at the half of that game and thinking they were doomed. They ended up coming back to win fairly easily. Now, whenever my team falls behind 17-0, I think of that Villanova game and don't give up hope . . . until the team falls behind 24-0.

Enjoying this thread. Despite my moniker, I cannot agree that Bill Hurley was the second best qb in the modern era after McNabb. I think McPherson and Graves were both clearly better.

I distinctly remember that Villanova game. When the Villanova team fell on the kickoff in the end zone I, like Hurley, figured it would be a touchback, not a touchdown. Learned that rule the hard way. Also, I remember SU trailing 17-0 at the half of that game and thinking they were doomed. They ended up coming back to win fairly easily. Now, whenever my team falls behind 17-0, I think of that Villanova game and don't give up hope . . . until the team falls behind 24-0.
As a QB, I'd add and say Philcox was better than Hurley...and it sort of played out that way in the pros too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom