Women's Ice Hockey - Head Coach Paul Flanagan announces retirement | Syracusefan.com

Women's Ice Hockey Head Coach Paul Flanagan announces retirement

Congrats to Paul. He did a nice job building this program from nothing.

Guessing the new coach with be Paul’s right hand man Brendon Knight. He has been here for 10 years or so and was a HC before that at Hamilton. Appears he is well qualified.

Congrats to Paul. He left a successful program for the challenge of starting Syracuse. As a former hockey referee, I have interacted with him on both the college and your levels. He is first class and a kind man. He won’t get the appreciation he deserves, but I am sure the 100’s of ladies who played for him will give him his celebration.

Congrats to Paul. He did a nice job building this program from nothing.

Guessing the new coach with be Paul’s right hand man Brendon Knight. He has been here for 10 years or so and was a HC before that at Hamilton. Appears he is well qualified.

Congratulations to Coach Flanagan.

I was thinking they should go after the Colgate coach Fargo, but just found out he signed a contract extension to 2028. He has a 12-2-1 record against Flanagan. Knight will be a deserving successor.

Congratulations to Coach Flanagan.

I was thinking they should go after the Colgate coach Fargo, but just found out he signed a contract extension to 2028. He has a 12-2-1 record against Flanagan. Knight will be a deserving successor.
Yes, that would be a strong hire. I think Cornell is another local program that is really strong that we might want to look at if we want to get seriously good at this sport.

Our facility has to be bad relative to many other programs around. I doubt a really good coach will come here unless we commit to expanding and improving Tennity. The seating capacity is tiny and I bet the locker rooms are not good compared to peer schools.

Yes, that would be a strong hire. I think Cornell is another local program that is really strong that we might want to look at if we want to get seriously good at this sport.

Our facility has to be bad relative to many other programs around. I doubt a really good coach will come here unless we commit to expanding and improving Tennity. The seating capacity is tiny and I bet the locker rooms are not good compared to peer schools.
I agree. I think a big factor working against the women’s team is that SU doesn’t have a D1 men’s hockey team like Colgate and Cornell does. I think if they did the university would commit more resources to the hockey program where both the men and women’s team would benefit. Hopefully the next coach can get this program continuing on a upward trajectory so future improvements to the facitilies would be a priority.

I don’t follow the program other than seeing the game threads on this forum. I remember reading about him leaving Saint Laurence to come start the program at SU, but wow, that was 14 years ago? That’s crazy. Time flies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom