Hear me out - wildly improbable but... | Syracusefan.com

Hear me out - wildly improbable but...

bnoro

Lurker
What if we beat Clemson this week, beat Pitt and UNC at home and started 7-0. If NC State was anywhere from 5-2 to 7-0, would there be any chance the Cuse could be hosting Gameday?

When was the last time SU hosted a football version of Gameday? Late 90s/early 00s?

DISCLAIMER: I fully expect us to lose to Clemson, although I definitely think we cover.

What if we beat Clemson this week, beat Pitt and UNC at home and started 7-0. If NC State was anywhere from 5-2 to 7-0, would there be any chance the Cuse could be hosting Gameday?

When was the last time SU hosted a football version of Gameday? Late 90s/early 00s?

DISCLAIMER: I fully expect us to lose to Clemson, although I definitely think we cover.
It’d be two top 5 college quarterbacks duking it out in a top 10 college town. Recipe for mayhem. Moderately probable.

I checked the rest of the schedule for that date, nothing really jumped out at me. Penn State is hosting Iowa, but I am sure Gameday will be there for their game against OSU. Oklahoma hosting Kansas State. eh. Clemson vs FSU looked like a pretty sure bet before FSU starting playing games this year, now forget it. so, let's go out and win these next 3 freaking games and see what ESPN decides!

This post represents a startling lack of cynicism from you. What gives?

If we both only have the one loss to Clemson, do we think this could still happen? Have to think we are both at least top 25 and the Dungey vs Finley angle...

We’ve never hosted gameday

College GameDay (football) - Wikipedia

5-1 NC State at 7-0 Syracuse would get College Gameday.

5-1 NC State at 6-1 Syracuse would be very interesting.
Florida-Georgia and Washington-Cal are the only other top contenders.

Correct we have never hosted but I went to the 2001 Syracuse-Miami game in Miami and College Gameday was at that game.

That beatdown of game followed.
And a 62-0 loss to VA tech apparently

5-1 NC State at 7-0 Syracuse would get College Gameday.

5-1 NC State at 6-1 Syracuse would be very interesting.
Florida-Georgia and Washington-Cal are the only other top contenders.

Florida vs Georgia aint happening. Washington vs Cal might though

No one would show up
All you need is a couple of hundred people to show up.
We would get close to a thousand fans show up.
I went to college Gameday for basketball in 2005. They had the set like 2000 feet away and we couldn’t see squat and we still had over 1000 people.
That was awful and a waste but students went. Football would likely be on the Quad it would get people.

I still think a Gameday appearance for NC State would be a long shot, although there does seem to be a lack of big games that weekend which helps.

I think a better shot would be Gameday in NYC for the ND game if we are both rolling. I think that would have a great shot. They've been to Times Square but Yankee Stadium would be cool.

Looking way ahead, say we play another classic game against Clemson this weekend (win or lose) and both teams end the season strong. I think NEXT year we could see Gameday on campus for the Clemson game.

I still think a Gameday appearance for NC State would be a long shot, although there does seem to be a lack of big games that weekend which helps.

I think a better shot would be Gameday in NYC for the ND game if we are both rolling. I think that would have a great shot. They've been to Times Square but Yankee Stadium would be cool.

Looking way ahead, say we play another classic game against Clemson this weekend (win or lose) and both teams end the season strong. I think NEXT year we could see Gameday on campus for the Clemson game.

good call. Stanford at Cal looks like a possibility that day, but nothing else really stands out. now we just need to keep winning