Hear me out - wildly improbable but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hear me out - wildly improbable but...

I’ll tell you this. We live in Philly (and have a 1 year old we bring to homes games) so we always book a hotel for that night so we don’t have to do a round trip in one day.. enjoy post game etc...

So this NCST game was the only one I couldn’t book on points (I have a ton) so we had to pay cash... for a 2 night minimum (seriously need more decent hotels in Cuse btw)

To put it mildly the wife not was super happy to spend $500 for a hotel because of family weekend or whatever.

Moral of the story... I totally get out of jail if we have game day that weekend! (Yes... I know thats not going to happen)

Last edited:
I am drunk as hell on the orange koolaid right now. I predicted 7-5 before the season and now I'm dreaming of anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2.

Praying the impact on recruiting shows in December...
I much prefer you drunk.

I still think a Gameday appearance for NC State would be a long shot, although there does seem to be a lack of big games that weekend which helps.

I think a better shot would be Gameday in NYC for the ND game if we are both rolling. I think that would have a great shot. They've been to Times Square but Yankee Stadium would be cool.

Looking way ahead, say we play another classic game against Clemson this weekend (win or lose) and both teams end the season strong. I think NEXT year we could see Gameday on campus for the Clemson game.

If SU is a one loss team and ND is comparable or better absolutely

Yes 7-0 would draw a sellout and Gameday thats late enough that undefeated means a lot. NC St should presumably be ranked the week before @ Clemson and a loss won't drop them too far. If we are 6-1 it will be a very good 40k+ crowd. I'd think NC St needs to be undefeated to get Gameday if we are 6-1 but they'll be the biggest draw in CFB if they win Clemson and have no losses. Pitt and UNC are bad so my guess is a 6-1 Cuse would still be high 20s in the standings and need to win this game to get ranked (finally.)

Both teams being undefeated would be great.

What if we beat Clemson this week, beat Pitt and UNC at home and started 7-0. If NC State was anywhere from 5-2 to 7-0, would there be any chance the Cuse could be hosting Gameday?

When was the last time SU hosted a football version of Gameday? Late 90s/early 00s?

DISCLAIMER: I fully expect us to lose to Clemson, although I definitely think we cover.

The final game of the season - Notre Dame in 2003?

I still think a Gameday appearance for NC State would be a long shot, although there does seem to be a lack of big games that weekend which helps.

I think a better shot would be Gameday in NYC for the ND game if we are both rolling. I think that would have a great shot. They've been to Times Square but Yankee Stadium would be cool.

Looking way ahead, say we play another classic game against Clemson this weekend (win or lose) and both teams end the season strong. I think NEXT year we could see Gameday on campus for the Clemson game.

Maybe they can have it outside the NBC studios since its an ND home game lol...

The timeline where the Orange beats Clemson, has Gameday on campus, goes undefeated, Dungey wins the Heisman and they play in the playoffs must be close to the current one otherwise people wouldn't be able to see it this clearly.

let's not get ahead of ourselves...
when i grow up
i-want-to-be-an-astronaut_coloring_page.png

I am drunk as hell on the orange koolaid right now. I predicted 7-5 before the season and now I'm dreaming of anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2.

Praying the impact on recruiting shows in December...

Correct we have never hosted but I went to the 2001 Syracuse-Miami game in Miami and College Gameday was at that game.

That beatdown of game followed.
You weren't on the board then but Igor said before the game that the pbp and color guy would be talking about the talent gap between syracuse and miami during the game. In our favor. After the game i asked if they did that because they left the game where I was watching because of the score.

Well one thing is for certain if we win. We’ll be in the drivers seat to win the division.

Dino obviously knows this, his subdued tone earlier was gamemanship. We’re going down there to win.

Yes, wildly improbable but the fact that it’s even remotely possible considering where we were a few years ago and where we are heading, goes to show Dino is one hell of a coach and one we need to lock up right now. Let him name his price and once he starts selling out the dome, and the program starts winning a lot on a consistent basis, Alums/past athletes will start donating to the program. So between the program making more through sellouts and donations, exposure... his contract will start paying for itself.

The only time we would have had a puncher’s chance at game day was November 21, 1992. Hypothetically speaking. The town was lit days before kickoff.

And maybe PSU 87.

It's been a while since we've been able to dream about SU football. Even an 8-4 season would be monumental towards our recruiting outlook for this year and next. We'd definitely recruit over some kids that are here now and I am giddy at that possibility.

Just let me have this one haha

I love that this thread exists.

When we start to think of SU football the way we do SU basketball -- hopefully without some of the worst negativity there -- it's a sign that we're turning the corner.

Hell, even if we start to think about it as we did circa 1987-2001. Those were good times.

Not a sense of entitlement, but a sense of possibility.

That's been missing for a long time.

Not to shift this over to how it is possible, but after watching Clemson vs TAM again, we absolutely could pull this off. It's going to come down heavily to Dungey having one of his magic show games and being creative, but it's very possible. Just given how Clemson trusts the D line and secondary, and how we took.advantage last year, paired with how Mond gave them some issues being the playmaker he is, it's absolutely doable.

Lawrence is a good QB but it's Etienne that scares me. If we can contain him and force Lawrence to win a game on his own then the chances will be there...

I remember one of our linebackers said “we’re going to make Vick look like a frosh”. That didn’t go so well
It was Bulluck. He also said something along the lines of, "Donovan McNabb is one of my best friends. This kid aint Donovan McNabb." I felt bad for him after Vick juked him out of his shoes on an option play early in the game.

It'll never happen. They don't make an Otto Head for Corso to put on when he will pick Syracuse to win. He'd have to wear an entire Otto costume.