Hear me out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hear me out

Ehh the media moved off of that story pretty quickly and don't even mention it plus they gave him an extension 2 weeks after that incident
Right but I don't think anything will happen for a few months.

He can finish up the year and go move somewhere else and not think twice about it.

Or live in Tuscaloosa while the trail goes on?

Nate Oats has the #1 overall team in college basketball today, after the NCAA pre-tournament ratings were published.

Ship has sailed.
So he wouldn’t leave Alabama basketball for Syracuse if they matched or offered more money? That’s sad if that’s true. This isn’t football.

The economics of the Syracuse athletic department are different than most schools. Since we play in such a large basketball arena and a relatively small football stadium, it is critical that we are able to fill the dome for the 20 basketball home games rather than the seven football games. If we can average 22,000 fans per game for 20 home games, assuming each fan spends $100, that’s $44 million per year.
SU is still a ways behind the prominent football schools. That’s where the real money is that supports your entire athletic program.

Lol... I guess Dickie V. talking about it live with 2 minutes left last nite didn't happen.

Dilemma is talking about Oats.

He's built a #1 caliber team there -- what incentive would he have to leave?

The only reason I can think of is to go to a basketball first school that is where it ends. Can't think of another good reason. Unless he is a closet Syracuse fan and this is his "dream job" lol.

What I laughed at was someone suggesting that JW had Vitale say something on national TV about JB and retirement.
You didn’t answer the question.

Bees, you're one of my all-time favorites on this board. I even stayed silent when you swiped my avatar as your own. ;)
But I also know you're a JB-firster, or at least appear to be, and for the life of me I just can't reconcile why.
I love JB- he's meant a lot to my sports reality over many decades. But surely, even you'd agree it's time, no? And if not...then why not? Just curious.
Bees any comment?

He can finish up the year and go move somewhere else and not think twice about it.

I haven't looked at the contract details but I would imagine that extension increased the buyout making it harder to lure him.

So he wouldn’t leave Alabama basketball for Syracuse if they matched or offered more money? That’s sad if that’s true. This isn’t football.
Sadly I think it's accurate. I only see Oates leaving for the following Kentucky, Duke, unc, Kansas and maybe Texas. Unless he was to have a few bad seasons and look for a soft landing spot.

What does he have to do with the trial? Nothing. Kid was his employee, that’s it.

Coaches leave all the time for better jobs once they have some success at a school. I’d argue that Syracuse is a far better job and in a better basketball conference.
In a historical sense sure, but the SEC is a better basketball conference now. And Bama is a better basketball school right now and has been trending that way while SU has been trending down.

In a historical sense sure, but the SEC is a better basketball conference now. And Bama is a better basketball school right now and has been trending that way while SU has been trending down.
It will take a lot to pry coaches away from the SEC and Big 10. That goes for any school outside those conferences.

Let me know when they actually make a final 4. 1 year of regular season success doesn’t make them a better program.

Coaches leave all the time for better jobs once they have some success at a school. I’d argue that Syracuse is a far better job and in a better basketball conference.
He doesn’t need to beat Duke and unc every year. He has it madeee in that conference. Why make it harder on yourself. No chance

Oats is currently the head coach of the number one team in the country at a school that prioritizes sports over almost anything else. He ain’t leaving.

We had our chance at Oats 5 years ago. That train has left the station.

Let me know when they actually make a final 4. 1 year of regular season success doesn’t make them a better program.
Sweet 16 a couple years ago doesn’t show trending in the right direction as well?

Sweet 16 a couple years ago doesn’t show trending in the right direction as well?
Why did you leave last year out where they went 19-14 and got blown out in the 1st round?

Why did you leave last year out where they went 19-14 and got blown out in the 1st round?
Trending. Notice I mentioned nothing about us and that trend.

Fair but they have spent a lot of time in the top 10 in 2 of the last 3 seasons. We haven't sniffed the top 25. He can get the best players out of Ontario, Canada to come all the way to Tuscaloosa. In terms of overall program health, he is running circles around boehiem.

What does he have to do with the trial? Nothing. Kid was his employee, that’s it.
So when the trial happens they won't mention Alabama basketball or him?

Again I am just saying there is a good reason this might be his last year there extension and all.