heard a couple of interesting things yesterday on the local scene | Syracusefan.com

heard a couple of interesting things yesterday on the local scene

Seems like a waste of money in Skan town. That community is all sorts of of F**Ked up.

they would rather have a poor program, where only the kids they want playing play vs a winning program where the best kids play.

Happens in a lot of CNY schools in all sports which is a reason why a lot of programs struggle to field teams. Coaches feel pressure to play certain kids over others who are better or more deserving.

I admire his passion and efforts to produce a winner, and if that includes bringing in transfers, so be it.

Breaking news from YahooSports.

Tim Green is being investigated by the National Federation of State High School Associations for improper athlete benefits. These include free ice cream cones at Skan-ellus, free dinner cruises on the Judge Ben Wiles, and free tickets to Syracuse University Fan-Fest.

Tim Green could not be reached for comment.

Breaking news from YahooSports.

Tim Green is being investigated by the National Federation of State High School Associations for improper athlete benefits. These include free ice cream cones at Skan-ellus, free dinner cruises on the Judge Ben Wiles, and free tickets to Syracuse University Fan-Fest.

Tim Green could not be reached for comment.

Green should be investigated for his acting in Freak Talks About Sex. :)

Free cones from Skan-ellus... wow he was not messing around.

first from skaneatlas.I guess Tim Green brought in at least 4 players from outside the area where town residents hired a private investigator to investigate them.I guess 1 is from B'VILLE and the others might be from the city.

I heard someone with some money rented apartments and P.O.BOXES for the players.They did have a kid #20 that dominated the 4 team scrimmage as a big,fast r.b.Might want to keep an eye on him

Not a good situation when locals hires privates to investigate coaches.They want their local kids to play.

Then onto to Mike Hart on why he refused to play to play for C.B.A.,he didn't want to play with his friends.Smart move and a mature decision to make at that time.Came from a coach

I heard the same thing but didn't know if it was real at all. The person I spoke to said there was a transfer from Corcoran, Bishop Ludden, Virginia?(really?) and maybe the other one was B'ville. Supposedly some families were moved to an apartment complex in Skan that Tim Green had some investment in. This person also said that Tim Green's son had been the qb till an injury ended his season early and that the replacement qb did well. Supposedly Tim Green blamed the injury on his offensive line and lack of a really good rb to take pressure off his son so he vowed this year was going to be different. Lots of contraversy in the community not just because of the supposed recruits but the fate of the other qb who many locals think is more talented. I guess other local coaches aren't too happy either. Yuck, I don't know if any of this is true so that's why I didn't post anything. Rumors can be so ugly. Guess the talk is more widespread than I had originally thought. Seems to be pretty bold moves for a new coach in a small community not known for its football prowess if true so that's why I've been so skeptical.

This doesn't surprise me. There have been rumors of this stuff for years at a lot of the catholic private schools. The village of Skaneatlas is pretty is ornery. Everyone likes to know each others business.

If you think their football program is f'ed up and highly political, you should examine the hockey program. :rolleyes:

yup,the coach who told me was that green was doing this all for the wrong reasons,these moves were for his son first,community second.actually i had sat on this also,but he would be one who would be in the know.
I didn't hear it from a football coach but a coach in a totally different sport from an AA school about 6 weeks ago. He was shaking his head about the entire situation. He didn't mention an investigation etc but I guess I'm not surprised if it really could affect so many local players and parents plus so many other programs including opponents. 4 new players and assumed starters is quite a few in one year to ever think it would go unnoticed or unchallenged, in fact that's one reason why I doubted it.

I heard the same exact thing from a Section III coach who lost a player to Skaneateles. Kids got put up in apartments, pissed off locals, etc.

As a local coach I was told about this prior to the beginning of double sessions. At the time, I brushed it off because I figured it was coming from disgruntled coaches. Apparently it holds some merit. I do know that the kid from Virginia was discussed in a radio interview with Tim on the Score, but the other kids were moved up there rather recently from what I was told.

Seems really odd, who would care enough about skaneateles football to actually recruit and move kids. Sounds like it's got legs though. Although it sounds like the kid from virginia may have just moved here.

People are weird... I was rather surprised at the staff green put together though, he clearly isn't messing around and wants to win

Wasn't there also rumblings when Tim got the job?

This doesn't surprise me. There have been rumors of this stuff for years at a lot of the catholic private schools. The village of Skaneatlas is pretty is ornery. Everyone likes to know each others business.

Sounds like someone got wait listed at Skaneateles country club :)

Big time.. Then he hired guys from the CBA staff as well, which seems strange, to go to aa to b or whatever skinny is.

The guy who sold me my new car this week is the father of one of the kids (the bville one). I wanted to pry into the real story, but it wouldve been inappropriate so I let it go. Of course now I wished I asked some probing questions

first from skaneatlas.I guess Tim Green brought in at least 4 players from outside the area where town residents hired a private investigator to investigate them.I guess 1 is from B'VILLE and the others might be from the city.

I heard someone with some money rented apartments and P.O.BOXES for the players.They did have a kid #20 that dominated the 4 team scrimmage as a big,fast r.b.Might want to keep an eye on him

Not a good situation when locals hires privates to investigate coaches.They wantat time.Came from a coach.

Good thing JD basketball parents dont have that atttitude. They have been importing players since Bernard Blunt.

I don't know if the private "investigation" is BS or not. But, I do know for a fact that the Skaneateles school district makes ALL new entrants prove their residency before they are allowed to register. This requirement is not waived for Tim.

It would seem that CBA has been recruiting for years. In both basketball and football. I've heard stories going back to the late 1980's. That's what happens when you have donors and money to offer scholarships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom