Helmet Concept | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Helmet Concept

Boston College, Notre Dame, Ohio State don't use logo's on their football helmets and they're pretty well known.
It's questionable whether BC is considered well known but I get your point. Notre Dame and Ohio State have the history to back it up their signature look. Cuse has history but is the orange helmet the signature look of that history? Not exactly.

Again, I just think single color helmets are nondescript... particular when the helmet looks so much like the Browns (meh). You could argue that the signature look of Ohio State helmets are the buckeyes (which are applied after games).

It's questionable whether BC is considered well known but I get your point. Notre Dame and Ohio State have the history to back it up their signature look. Cuse has history but is the orange helmet the signature look of that history? Not exactly.

Again, I just think single color helmets are nondescript... particular when the helmet looks so much like the Browns (meh). You could argue that the signature look of Ohio State helmets are the buckeyes (which are applied after games).

Well, why can't we apply stick-on Ottos on a plain navy blue helmet with one orange stripe down the center?

I dont understand whats up with the negative feed back. The white helmets arent my favorite but they're a breath of fresh air and something new. The blue ones with otto on the side are sick, we gotta implament a little swagger somewhere to pull bigger recruits. I like having otto on the helm, angry or not, it looks cool. I'm pretty sure otto was voted most obnoxious mascot in some espn poll a while back? And im completly cool with that, lets embrace the little orange son of a bitch and implament him on a helmet. Dare to be different, we should embrace changes like these, even the past changes (all orange robinson era) sucked doesnt mean we should stray away from ideas like these?

Otto on the helmet would make SU the laughingstock of professional sports. You don't put a "Cartoon" looking figure on the side of a helmet I'm sorry.

Otto on the helmet would make SU the laughingstock of professional sports. You don't put a "Cartoon" looking figure on the side of a helmet I'm sorry.

We're not in professional sports. Also, some cartoon figures are cool. I liked the ASU Sun Devil. I like Chief Wahoo. I like the Baltimore Oriole. The Louisville Cardinal is cartoonish. I prefer the KU helmet that has the Jayhawk on it. Just different opinions I guess.

If we are shooting for something different, how about making the shell of the helmet like the skin of an orange (sort of like Maryland's tortoise shell design) ? Take off the stripes and put the block "S" on the sides.

Then again, I always thought the all white unis with the Orange helmet looked really sharp.

SUOrange44

How about a Saltine Warrior headdress?

Just me but I was never a fan of the all Orange helmets despite the fact that I've lived with them the majority of my life.

1) It always reminded me too much of the Browns
2) I never thought it enhanced the football brand (though, Cuse had some very successful years with that helmet).
3) When I look at an all orange helmet with only stripes on top, my reaction is... "meh". It's orange I get it but it this day and age, branding is a bit more important. Would a recruit outside of NYS be able to distinguish us?
So...should we put a picture of NYS on the helmet? lol.

Just out of curiousity, what's the year make and model of your car?

I only ask because the mentality of the youth today like something new, something fresh. That helmet is quite old and completely unappealing, even to me a 30 yr old. Maybe on throwback night this would make sense, but we need to get onboard with the new Nike styles.. at the very minimum, it would add a little sex appeal to our on field look.
Sex appeal, helmet, and football field do not belong in the same sentence haha

No uni changes please... After the uniform fiasco we went through during the GRob era, we've finally got a tasteful design.

Let's not with it.

It's gonna get screwed with. If at least for one game.

44cuse

Boston College, Notre Dame, Ohio State don't use logo's on their football helmets and they're pretty well known.

There are schools who do not use logos or symbols on their helmets and have successful well known programs (Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan).

There are schools who have a symbol on their helmet and have successfull well known programs (Texas, USC, Florida, FSU, Clemson, Arkansas).

There are schools who have their logo on their helmets and have successful, well known programs (Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Wisconsin, aTm, Virginia Tech).

There's one school that has #'s on their helmet and has a successful, well known program (Alabama).

I'm not exactly sure if Miami falls under symbol or logo, but they're one or the other, and they have (or had) a successful, well known program.

There's really no right or wrong, it's all personal preference. I liked our all orange helmets of the 80's, 90's, early 00's. I like our current S logo helmet. If we want to be traditional, we'd go back to the # on the helmet, that's the helmet we won our only national championship with. Whatever we decide, let's just stick with it. I do think it should be primarily orange in color though.

How about a clear helmet?
They exist.

!Bzlw3HwBmk~$(KGrHqV,!iEEw5CeLNHVBMWuEV211w~~_35.JPG

If we could put goldfish (orange, get it) swimming in these helmets, and genetically engineer them so they had Nike swooshes on their tooshes, that would be pretty cool. Oh yeah, duct tape colored gills too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom