Henderson the recruiter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Henderson the recruiter

I'd say the 25-50 players from Georgia are better than the best in MD, and probably as good as the best in NJ

Well, not to be indelicate, but you are wrong ... and you are way wrong.

The Tidewater area of Virginia is a recruiting gold mine (Vick, Iverson, etc., etc). And Prince George's County, MD east of DC is another one. The ACC teams as well as others feast on these.

That is so incorrect it's hilarious Good Counsel is going to have 8 D1 players at least by themselves
Edit: never mine misread your quote there is no way I can tell you player vs player which state has the better top 25 to 50

It's that people don't really understand just how good the athletes are in this area.

Here's a 2008 list of PG County athletes in the NFL and NBA. And this is just ne Maryland County.

Prince Georgians in the pros
Athletes from the county currently playing in the NFL, NBA and WNBA:
NFL: Leigh Bodden (Hyattsville, New England Patriots); Derrick Harvey (Upper Marlboro, Jacksonville Jaguars); Shawne Merriman (Upper Marlboro, San Diego Chargers); Daniel Muir (Lanham, Indianapolis Colts); Chad Nkang (Hyattsville, Jacksonville Jaguars); Quinn Ojinnaka (Seabrook, Atlanta Falcons); Josh Wilson (Upper Marlboro, Seattle Seahawks); Usama Young (Upper Marlboro, New Orleans Saints); LaMont Jordan (Suitland, Denver Broncos); John Owens (Washington, D.C., DeMatha High, Seattle Seahawks); Brian Westbrook (Fort Washington, Philadelphia Eagles); Madieu Williams (Lanham, Minnesota Vikings); Jared Gaither (White Plains, Eleanor Roosevelt High, Baltimore Ravens); Kyle Arrington (Accokeek, Tampa Bay Buccaneers); Julian Peterson (Temple Hills, Seattle Seahawks); Omar Cuff (Landover, Tampa Bay Buccaneers); Derrick Burgess (Greenbelt, Oakland Raiders).
Selected in 2009 NFL Draft: Derrick Williams (Upper Marlboro, Detroit Lions); Wil Davis (Greenbelt, Arizona Cardinals); Lawrence Sidbury Jr. (Cheltenham, Atlanta Falcons).
NBA: Delonte West (Greenbelt, Cleveland Cavaliers); Jarrett Jack (Fort Washington, Indiana Pacers); Roy Hibbert (Adelphi, Indiana Pacers); Kevin Durant (Seat Pleasant, Oklahoma City Thunder); Jeff Green (Hyattsville, Oklahoma City Thunder).

Well, not to be indelicate, but you are wrong ... and you are way wrong.

The Tidewater area of Virginia is a recruiting gold mine (Vick, Iverson, etc., etc). And Prince George's County, MD east of DC is another one. The ACC teams as well as others feast on these.

I was more speaking on Jersey than MD. Didn't mention VA, i think there are a ton of good prospects from there. It just seems like players from Jersey are the most overrated in the country.

Townie72 your spot on DMV is legit when it comes to talent. I just hope we can make this area a huge priority for years to come. I watch a ton of the WCA in MD and IMO there is a stud lurking who is way under the radar in Nova his name is CJ Burnes #43 on the highlight tapes if you look him up. He is overseas with his dad and is moving back to the area for his senior year. Not sure if he will be at Stonewall he might go to Osbournsince that is the powerhouse program in my area. Kid is legit however.
Bnoro I agree NJ is over rated I think Don Broscoe would get worked out by Osbourn (who is usually in the top 10 of the AAA division in VA every year they recent ones the have produced are Brandon Hogan, Dominique Terrell, and Elmar Holmes) but the just my take

Townie72 your spot on DMV is legit when it comes to talent. I just hope we can make this area a huge priority for years to come. I watch a ton of the WCA in MD and IMO there is a stud lurking who is way under the radar in Nova his name is CJ Burnes #43 on the highlight tapes if you look him up. He is overseas with his dad and is moving back to the area for his senior year. Not sure if he will be at Stonewall he might go to Osbournsince that is the powerhouse program in my area. Kid is legit however.
Bnoro I agree NJ is over rated I think Don Broscoe would get worked out by Osbourn (who is usually in the top 10 of the AAA division in VA every year they recent ones the have produced are Brandon Hogan, Dominique Terrell, and Elmar Holmes) but the just my take
Sounds like you should pass that kid's name along to Adkins (if you haven't already done that).

Sounds like you should pass that kid's name along to Adkins (if you haven't already done that).
I would but I really have no idea how to even get ahold of him I think he is in India until this Summer I am going to a coaching clinic with his coach at Stonewall so i will ask him if he has his contact information then. Not a bad gig for the coaching clinic (latched on to there open spot the school paid for already) get to go to Atlantic City on March 1,2,and 3 for a 100 bucks total including my room.
Here is the kids highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/110907/cj-burnes

I think Wheatley has been excellent and Adkins also fairly good. Anselmo okay. other than that, not that impressed. We have been brought in little in way of NJ, MD, or Virgnia contacts and now don't have Conley for PA. We need guys with good contacts in relevant places and other than the 3 mentioned, we don't. Who have Moore, Hackett, Daoust, Brumbaugh (when he was here) brought in? Should ask around NJ, MD coaches for ideas.

Obviously none of knows how individual coaches recruit, but it seems fairly clear that John Anselmo is responsible for our NYC recruiting success and Adkins is responsible for our GA and CA successes. I think most agree that Coach Adkins is a first class college football recruiter.

Since Moore, Hackett, and Daost are new coaches I don't think any judgement can be made on their recruting abilities just yet.

Heck, Rob Moore has never coached or recruited before. And Daost joined the staff last year. (I guess Bumbraugh is a non-issue at this point in time.)

The fact is that our recruiting will continue to get better as our coaches continue to develope connections, as our facilities continue to improve, as our relationship with the ACC developes, and as our record improves.

Ultimately, those will be the factors that will make the difference.

Mattison is a stud of a coach though and maybe the best in the business. Not fair to compare everyone to him.

I'm pretty sure I could recruit for the University of Michigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom