Henderson the recruiter | Syracusefan.com

Henderson the recruiter

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
I feel like he will be a real surprise when it comes to recruiting abilities. Just because he was not in the college game does not mean he is out of touch.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

Any chance we could get Darius on the staff in a GA role?

I feel like he will be a real surprise when it comes to recruiting abilities. Just because he was not in the college game does not mean he is out of touch.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

Any chance we could get Darius on the staff in a GA role?
Not doubting you but what makes you feel this way? I am just hoping that man can get some recruits out of the DMV area

Can be seen as a father figure to some of the kids he will recruit ... also can point to players he worked with who are still in the league.

After taking some time to think about this man and his resume, and his potential at Cuse I am optimistic. Moreso with Henderson than I am with Morrison

I hope you're right; I hope Henderson is a massive success. However, you would have been able to say the same things about Robinson. Marrone's just starting to build a network and one of his selling points was that he had been building such while still in the NFL. I see this as more likely to be a flop, but sure hope I'm wrong.

I don't think Marrone factors in recruiting much when hiring assistants

Gawd I hope that is just your opinion and not a factual statement about the man...

you can say that again.

What's the basis for that conclusion - that Marrone does not hire solid recruiters?

From what little I know, it seems that Wheatley, Anselmo and Adkins, to name a few, have done very well.

Once the practice facility and other improvements are developed, you'll be amazed at how good our recruiters become.

Actually he does, but it's in the context of evaluating what he sees he needs to do with the staff as a whole. If Henderson didn't take the job, there's no reason to believe that he might not have gone in a different direction with the opening.

Some of you guys don't take into account the fact that there aren't unlimited resources and coaching slots.

Obviously the priority this year was to upgrade the staff on the defensive side of the ball.

What's the basis for that conclusion - that Marrone does not hire solid recruiters?

From what little I know, it seems that Wheatley, Anselmo and Adkins, to name a few, have done very well.

Once the practice facility and other improvements are developed, you'll be amazed at how good our recruiters become.

Hackett came from the NFL and his last recruiting experience was out west in 2005.

Moore was a volunteer JUCO coach if i remember correctly.

Schafer, Wheatley, Daoust and Morrison didn't come in with reputations as big time recruiters at their respective MAC schools.

Henderson has been out of the college game for 13 years and was recruiting the west at his last stop.

Sure looks to me that Marrone hires coaches who fit the team's scheme rather then for their recruiting prowess.

I think Wheatley has been excellent and Adkins also fairly good. Anselmo okay. other than that, not that impressed. We have been brought in little in way of NJ, MD, or Virgnia contacts and now don't have Conley for PA. We need guys with good contacts in relevant places and other than the 3 mentioned, we don't. Who have Moore, Hackett, Daoust, Brumbaugh (when he was here) brought in? Should ask around NJ, MD coaches for ideas.

I think Wheatley has been excellent and Adkins also fairly good. Anselmo okay. other than that, not that impressed. We have been brought in little in way of NJ, MD, or Virgnia contacts and now don't have Conley for PA. We need guys with good contacts in relevant places and other than the 3 mentioned, we don't. Who have Moore, Hackett, Daoust, Brumbaugh (when he was here) brought in? Should ask around NJ, MD coaches for ideas.
It's going to be very difficult to recruit Virginia going forward. London is a monster at UVA--just ask VTech.

Don't underestimate the fact he can talk about "developing" a Baltimore Ravens secondary that includes Ed Reed, one of the best Safeties in the NFL a long with other stud defenders that play/played for the Ravens. That will mean something to high schoolers.

Can be seen as a father figure to some of the kids he will recruit ... also can point to players he worked with who are still in the league.

After taking some time to think about this man and his resume, and his potential at Cuse I am optimistic. Moreso with Henderson than I am with Morrison

Greg Mattison has become a beast of a recruiter for Michigan, and this is coming from the NFL with the Ravens. Success brings in recruits. Win games and it doesn't matter, kids will want to play for you.

Who cares where we recruit? Marrone has been focusing on NYC, Michigan, and Georgia, with a few Florida players sprinkled in. Why do we HAVE to have players from Jersey, MD, or Virginia?

Who cares where we recruit? Marrone has been focusing on NYC, Michigan, and Georgia, with a few Florida players sprinkled in. Why do we HAVE to have players from Jersey, MD, or Virginia?

B/c if we're good, it's going to be near impossible to get the top players from Georgia to come here-Much better shot in MD or NJ.

B/c if we're good, it's going to be near impossible to get the top players from Georgia to come here-Much better shot in MD or NJ.
I'd say the 25-50 players from Georgia are better than the best in MD, and probably as good as the best in NJ

Because most programs start within the own recruiting territory and most coaches will say that, even Marrone. If your main focus is in a Ga and not NJ/NY/Pa, what happens when your main guy (Adkins) leaves? Coaches come and go, the location of a state doesn't. It is also easier within a 6 hour or so radius because you can tell parents they can get to all their son's home games without a lot of hassle and $$$. It's just common sense why most teams try to focus on a core area.

Greg Mattison has become a beast of a recruiter for Michigan, and this is coming from the NFL with the Ravens. Success brings in recruits. Win games and it doesn't matter, kids will want to play for you.

Mattison is a stud of a coach though and maybe the best in the business. Not fair to compare everyone to him.

I'd say the 25-50 players from Georgia are better than the best in MD, and probably as good as the best in NJ

That is so incorrect it's hilarious Good Counsel is going to have 8 D1 players at least by themselves
Edit: never mine misread your quote there is no way I can tell you player vs player which state has the better top 25 to 50

The issue in NJ is understood.

Pretty sure Daoust is a good recruiter, that been in other threads

The issue in NJ is understood.

You've said that before but how is it being addressed?

I'll be watching the junior day visit list intently this year seeing how many NJ kids are on it.

New Jersey has 3 or 4 kids on the 2013 top 100 list currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom