Here’s an unpopular and unfortunate truth.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Here’s an unpopular and unfortunate truth..

Well, like in everything else, there are gradations to that.

Ewing was so intellectually deficient in high school that Georgetown had to agree to give him all his tests orally before his handlers would let him go there.
There are some racist undertones in that statement, imo. Ewing was treated like garbage by opposing fans. I hate Gtown but that’s the truth.

There are some racist undertones in that statement, imo. Ewing was treated like garbage by opposing fans. I hate Gtown but that’s the truth.

Careful, he gets fussy and reports people to the mods when people point out that his dog-whistle posts come across as bigoted.

But I was wondering how many times he'd use that language before someone pointed it out.

You are imagining that. "undertones' indeed.

And Ewing's behavior on the court and the rest of his Hoya team mates were the basis on which opposing fans heaped disapproval on them.

You aren't suggesting that it was racially based, I hope. That is, given the make-up of most of the teams.

I hope he does great. It’s worlds more fun to beat them when they’re good. The magic has been gone for a long time for Cuse/ Gtown. I’d love to see it back.I know this is sacrilege but I like Ewing now. He’s a good man. My hatred of him was always in a sports sense.

My sons and I saw Patrick at an airport a few years ago shortly after Cuse had beaten them. We chanted "Let's go Orange" and he waved at us and smiled.

Then an, hour later, we walked on our plane and he was sitting in first class. As we passed by we all shouted "Let's Go Orange!" again and he starting cracking up saying, "You got my boys last time, but you won't do it again." He then hi-fived my kids.

He's A-OK in my book. And I agree, it's more fun when they're good and the rivalry is real.

glass houses
Listen to or watch JB's UConn presser.

He said some of that 1 on 1 stuff has to be done when the player is under pressure, but that there was too much of it and not enough effort to run plays.

These guys aren't puppets out there. JB doesn't have strings he can pull.

And Ewing's behavior on the court and the rest of his Hoya team mates were the basis on which opposing fans heaped disapproval on them.

You seem to have a big hard on for these guys. I mean, if it's not quite a "big" one, that's okay too.

You seem to have a big hard on for these guys. I mean, if it's not quite a "big" one, that's okay too.
When did you start following SU BB?

After Ewing.

I get it thought. I’m partially busting your chops.

Well, I have a hard time accepting that that thug has somehow been rehabilitated and excused for that freakin reign of terror that JT unleashed on the Big East.

I don’t care how many fist bumps he has given kids. Pearl punching in the side and putting him down on his knees was one of the great moments in SU and Big East history it was beyond well-deserved.

He lived for a long time in the same town as I did and I used to see him all the time. I wasn’t giving him any high fives.

I didn’t see to much actual coaching going on in that game.

It looked like he rolled the ball out and told them to play. A lot of driving to the basket and very few offensive plays.

Let’s see how that works against a good zone and a big front line.
I didnt realize JB was coaching them.

Listen to or watch JB's UConn presser.

He said some of that 1 on 1 stuff has to be done when the player is under pressure, but that there was too much of it and not enough effort to run plays.

These guys aren't puppets out there. JB doesn't have strings he can pull.
BS. He is a HOFC. Are you implying that Jim has lost control of his team.

Popular and fortunate truth:

G’town just got smoked.
E4C54BA6-1A7E-479C-9A60-30122E98DF8B.gif

That freshman Mac McClung looks like he's got some potential. Was well known for above average athleticism but people weren't sure how it would translate. I watched highlights from the Illinois game and he belongs out there. Will be interesting to see who else Ewing can bring in.

He made some excellent drives and kickouts to teammates for threes in that game. He has some game for sure.

He made some excellent drives and kickouts to teammates for threes in that game. He has some game for sure.
mustv been otherworldly tonight as his team poured in 52 against mighty L.Marymount

mustv been otherworldly tonight as his team poured in 52 against mighty L.Marymount

No idea. Was commenting about the Illinois game. A quick check showed he barely played tonight compared to his minutes in the Illinois game. I wonder if he got injured or something.

No idea. Was commenting about the Illinois game. A quick check showed he barely played tonight compared to his minutes in the Illinois game. I wonder if he got injured or something.
(illinois is really, really bad at defense)

BS. He is a HOFC. Are you implying that Jim has lost control of his team.

What utter nonsense. Once on the floor players make many, if not most, of the decisions.

Any knowledgeable basketball fan would know that unless they are just trying to score debating points ... which is just what you are transparently doing.

What utter nonsense. Once on the floor players make many, if not most, of the decisions.

Any knowledgeable basketball fan would know that unless they are just trying to score debating points ... which is just what you are transparently doing.
Townie you have many fine attributes but i didnt realize you were also clairvoyant:). As to my basketball knowledge i played college ball for a HOF coach. I didnt play for Jim but was recruited by him. I have been playing on teams since grade school and completely disagree with your statement especially when it comes to Jims teams and his coaching. JB is or at least used to be extremely demanding of his players and didnt hesitate to pull a player who went off script.

Townie you have many fine attributes but i didnt realize you were also clairvoyant:). As to my basketball knowledge i played college ball for a HOF coach. I didnt play for Jim but was recruited by him. I have been playing on teams since grade school and completely disagree with your statement especially when it comes to Jims teams and his coaching. JB is or at least used to be extremely demanding of his players and didnt hesitate to pull a player who went off script.

I just listened to Fran Fracilla make the point that a coaches control over what goes on on the floor is limited. Once they are out there they are deciding when to shoot, when to pass and when to drive.

If we were shooting 35% from behind the arc, instead of 17%, we probably would have won both those games. These are shots we usually make and guys taking them are doing what they have been told to do. Nothing wrong with that coaching.

Nobody is driving the lane against Oregon.

And we played every scholarship player on the bench last night.

I just listened to Fran Fracilla make the point that a coaches control over what goes on on the floor is limited. Once they are out there they are deciding when to shoot, when to pass and when to drive.

If we were shooting 35% from behind the arc, instead of 17%, we probably would have won both those games. These are shots we usually make and guys taking them are doing what they have been told to do. Nothing wrong with that coaching.

Nobody is driving the lane against Oregon.

And we played every scholarship player on the bench last night.
I agree with that statement. Obviously once play begins the players make decisions but are hopefully doing so within the game plan outlined by the coach. What i struggle with these last two games is JBs approach to the numerous mistakes, basically sloppy play. He just seemed too complacent to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom