Here in North Carolina | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Here in North Carolina

Tarheels fans think they're being nice by saying they're rooting for Syracuse now. LMAO! I know they're only rooting for us because they hate Duke. So transparent these Heels fans are... :vomit:

it is McFarlan's?
Yes, McFarlan's. They were packed last fall when we stopped there to say hello during the apple fest when we were visiting our son in Asheville.

She became a fan just to piss off her (then) husband
And now she remains a UNC fan just to piss you off? ;)

You sound like you are describing NC St fans. I live in Raleigh (work in RTP which is close to Duke and UNC) and NC St fans are by far the worst. Still riding on Valvano's championship. NC St fans can not stand anything to do with the Northeast.

Went to the Gillon game at PNC arena with my 6 yr old daughter at the time and 2 friends. The fans went from being ok to downright awful as SU was coming back. And most of these people were adults.
NC State fans are the absolute worst. They resent SU because they can't fathom how we can come into the ACC and hang with the Blue Crew of Duke & UNC. They try & look down on us as Yankees, but are without a doubt, the most insecure fans in CBB. This run, coming after the one 2 years ago, is killing them. They're the definition of a mediocre program in the ACC.

Yes, McFarlan's. They were packed last fall when we stopped there to say hello during the apple fest when we were visiting our son in Asheville.

McFarlans is by far the best bakery in the area. It is fantastic.

NC State fans are the absolute worst. They resent SU because they can't fathom how we can come into the ACC and hang with the Blue Crew of Duke & UNC. They try & look down on us as Yankees, but are without a doubt, the most insecure fans in CBB. This run, coming after the one 2 years ago, is killing them. They're the definition of a mediocre program in the ACC.
I really can't like this response enough. Very true. And finger barking is just stupid.

Tarheels fans think they're being nice by saying they're rooting for Syracuse now. LMAO! I know they're only rooting for us because they hate Duke. So transparent these Heels fans are... :vomit:

They had plenty of nasty things to say about SU and the fanbase after the incident at Barclays. I don't care for Carolina's support.

They had plenty of nasty things to say about SU and the fanbase after the incident at Barclays. I don't care for Carolina's support.

It's true. I haven't had a single UNC fan say they were happy for me. But they've all said,"beat Duke." And they all think UNC has done nothing to warrant being in trouble. They think I'm nuts when I suggest that UNC's transgressions were far worse than what got Syracuse on probation. Completely clueless and mostly classless fan base.

My wife is a Carolina fan. She became a fan just to piss off her (then) husband and two sons who were obnoxious Duke fans. As excuses go it's a pretty good one.
She didn't change for you?

But... but... but... we’re all ACC brothers, aren’t we? They will all be rooting for us, right?

They remind me of Rutgers' fans in terms of their delusional bubble of perceived importance around their program and the complete lack of logical reasoning around their topics and arguments... and the constant defensive crouch they sit in because everyone is out to 'disrespect' them...

They are actually worse - because they should know better.

Your average diehard Rutgers' fan is a noob with (at most) 20 years following their team.

A stroll through downtown Hendersonville wouldn't be complete without a stop in to McFarlans!

I love Asheville. Great scenery and hiking in the surrounding mountains, and world class breweries. Burial and Wicked Weed are amazing.
Was at both Sunday. Along with Green Man and Catawba. It was really extra special to see Cuse win and UNC get stomped while in North Carolina.

I love Asheville. Great scenery and hiking in the surrounding mountains, and world class breweries. Burial and Wicked Weed are amazing.
Fell in love at first sight with Asheville. Beautiful city.

Last edited:
Fell in love at first sight with Asheville. Beautiful city.
My son is trying to get me to retire there in a couple years. He has even offered me lab/office space at UNCA. The problem is that it is a LONG ways from the Carrier Dome. My preference would be to retire at a lake in Tully, but the wife who grew up in Syracuse says NO WAY.

UNC may want to rethink Facebook advertising.

b81d6eecd9fb75286665b8ecda464674.jpg

"business in the front ...party in the back " back in chapel hill that is before spring. !

My son is trying to get me to retire there in a couple years. He has even offered me lab/office space at UNCA. The problem is that it is a LONG ways from the Carrier Dome. My preference would be to retire at a lake in Tully, but the wife who grew up in Syracuse says NO WAY.
The wife and I are seriously looking at Asheville and Savannah GA as our top 2 retirement choices.
Asheville’s my first choice but she loves those old trees in Savannah.
Good problem to have! ;)