Here in North Carolina | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Here in North Carolina

My son is trying to get me to retire there in a couple years. He has even offered me lab/office space at UNCA. The problem is that it is a LONG ways from the Carrier Dome. My preference would be to retire at a lake in Tully, but the wife who grew up in Syracuse says NO WAY.

But you can easily get to quite a few away games, now that they're in the ACC! I went to 4 this year and last, and it could have been more. Good reason to visit a few nice cities in the mid south.

But you can easily get to quite a few away games, now that they're in the ACC! I went to 4 this year and last, and it could have been more. Good reason to visit a few nice cities in the mid south.
So let me ask a question. If you liked boating and we're thinking about Asheville, are there lakes nearby? I don't need anything as big as lake Champlain,...

The wife and I are seriously looking at Asheville and Savannah GA as our top 2 retirement choices.
Asheville’s my first choice but she loves those old trees in Savannah.
Good problem to have! ;)
Check out the Bluffton area while you are looking.

So let me ask a question. If you liked boating and we're thinking about Asheville, are there lakes nearby? I don't need anything as big as lake Champlain,...

Within an hour to the West-South, you have Lake Toxaway in NC and Lake Jocassee, Lake Kiowee, and Lake Hartwell in SC.

Lake Lure (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) and Lake James to the East.

I believe ALL of these are man-made impoundments, not natural lakes. Nowhere has lakes like NY, except maybe Minnesota. :(

I miss Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes, and Lake Lila in the Adirondacks.

I hate UNC much more than Duke (actually kinda like coach K). Tarheels fans are the worst - soooo freaking arrogant and entitled. I've been to several games at the Dean Dome and the fans around me each time had *ZERO* understanding of the stature of SU basketball. They thought they were playing a team with Clemson-type history.

I saw a football game in Chapel Hill back when we were REALLY bad and we beat UNC. The game went into triple overtime and we eventually beat them on a field goal. Their fans acted like a bunch of school girls that were just grounded for a month. It was mostly students yelling obscenities at us.

I also live in the Charlotte area and have a bunch of friends that are Carolina fans. They talk just as much trash as I do, but like I said they are my friends. Duke just always seems to have that one dbag player most years and Grayson Allen is definitely that...

A coworker was in Charlotte over the weekend and caught our game at a bar at the airport. He said the waiter was going nuts for Syracuse the whole time. Finally, my coworker asked the waiter if he was from Syracuse or if he went to SU. The waiter’s response:

“No, I’m from Ann Arbor. The Spartans can go **** themselves!”