Here is a question and a thought | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Here is a question and a thought

If they were to end up at GTown, I would love to watch Red have his defense sag off of them to a disrespectful amount and make them shoot threes. We’d win by 30.
Sadly for us, what Joe did to him last game. You’d think he’ll work on his shot but I thought he would last off season

If this exodus from Cuse to GTown actually happens that would reignite the rivalry big time. Also, Cooley must’ve gone through a major basketball philosophy change because these were not the kind of players he targeted at Providence. Not saying those players at Providence are better, just different play styles. All discipline, no flash.

Last edited:
Wait, is there talk about Q leaving? That would be a bummer. He seems like the 4 year type that matures and gets better every year but isn't good enough for nba unless he suddenly shoots 40% from 3.
He’s being slandered across the board in other threads with some secret incidents no one will explain that are equivalent to murder and we can’t even think about bringing him back.

Here's my question and thought. It seems to be confirmed that we have/had several cancers on the team throughout the season. Other than Benny, there didn't seem to be an issues coming into this season with attitudes on the team. The disrespect that Red allowed on the court this season (yapping at players, opposing coaches, refs, etc) has never occurred in the past. According to our insiders, it appears it was much worse behind the scenes. At some point, isn't this a reflection on Red and the staff?

There was probably some poor vetting of players but we were desperate to get talent because the recruiting had declined, we pretty much stopped recruiting guards during the Buddy and JG years and those that came transferred and JB not grinding and leaving it to assistants is an uphill battle to get commitments equals desperation plus he didn't want to portal 2 years ago.
I remember JB complaining about Bell not rebounding and thought, haven't you seen this kid play? Like what did you think you were getting?

He’s being slandered across the board in other threads with some secret incidents no one will explain that are equivalent to murder and we can’t even think about bringing him back.
Hah. Ok you got me laughing with this one

There was probably some poor vetting of players but we were desperate to get talent because the recruiting had declined, we pretty much stopped recruiting guards during the Buddy and JG years and those that came transferred and JB not grinding and leaving it to assistants is an uphill battle to get commitments equals desperation plus he didn't want to portal 2 years ago.
I remember JB complaining about Bell not rebounding and thought, haven't you seen this kid play? Like what did you think you were getting?
I went to see him in the Hall of Fame classic a couple of years ago. I came back to the board and said that at the time, I was 66 and I am sure he couldn't stay in front of me.

I find your statement to be the hyperbolic gaslighting description of these posts.
One post was essentially something along lines of “if people knew what he did they wouldn’t want him back”

So while that’s certainly hyperbolic, the gaslighting was done by OP not this poster.

I went to see him in the Hall of Fame classic a couple of years ago. I came back to the board and said that at the time, I was 66 and I am sure he couldn't stay in front of me.
Yeah I think I remember your report. His idea of defense was to let the dribbler go by and try to chase down a block, right?

Here's my question and thought. It seems to be confirmed that we have/had several cancers on the team throughout the season. Other than Benny, there didn't seem to be an issues coming into this season with attitudes on the team. The disrespect that Red allowed on the court this season (yapping at players, opposing coaches, refs, etc) has never occurred in the past. According to our insiders, it appears it was much worse behind the scenes. At some point, isn't this a reflection on Red and the staff?
This is the part that i want explained. Was Red afraid they’d lose more games if he benched the trio? Worst case they don’t make the tournament. So someone PM me why Red performed miracles if it was still apparent the inmates were driving the bus.

Nope Its a reflection on the previous coach

This is the part that i want explained. Was Red afraid they’d lose more games if he benched the trio? Worst case they don’t make the tournament. So someone PM me why Red performed miracles if it was still apparent the inmates were driving the bus.
Well, the team was flawed. badly flawed. We had three guys playing out of position. We had only 1 guy who could make a 3 pt shot for most of the season. We had zero low post scoring. We had no depth. And we were changing defense for the first time in close to 30 years. And with all of that, we won 20 games. Ken Pom, who everyone loves, had us winning 12 before the season. And we even beat UNC. Who had two guys that are older than me. We beat older teams. And we sucked. Red did a terrific job with this group. Anyone that has ever coached, and I have, know, your opponent is your potential. Not the team you are playing.

Last edited:
Nope Its a reflection on the previous coach
Yes, and Red was promoted to maintain roster continuity (2 year plan) but at the same time it's then hard to change the culture with the same core group of players. Double edged sword.

Sure, I think he was trying to balance the record with setting his tone. He could make the example out of Benny being a junior and a failure to launch, easy decision there. It was intended to put others on notice I bet.

Latest NIT projection I saw was 6 teams from the ACC, with
Syracuse and BC seeded near the bottom of the draw. Would
probably be one and done for the Orange in any case.
I don’t think so. A few days ago we were a 3 seed.

Is the team still practicing? Wouldn't they have to be in case we are selected and actually go to the NIT?
Second, do you think Benny, Q and Mintz to G-town will ratchet up that old Rivalry? Oh and here is an interesting stat. Judah shot 22% from 3 in ACC games.
Are you just having fun? Or is this something real?

If they were to end up at GTown, I would love to watch Red have his defense sag off of them to a disrespectful extent and make them shoot threes. We’d win by 30.
Wanna bet? Lol

Winning 20 games with this crew was a remarkable accomplishment.
And despite all his flaws, Judah Mintz was a major factor.

But as Dasher indicated several days ago, Red has to change the culture to rebuild the program.
That means no more guys who talk and complain endlessly instead of playing defense.
Other talents notwithstanding.

If they leave in the portal, so be it.
I wish them well.

Unless they do go to G-town in which case I hope they fail worse than Ewing did as a coach.
I would wish them nothing but awful outcomes.
Benedict Arnolds deserve to be punished.

I LOOOOOAAAATHE G-TOWN!
GO ORANGE!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom