Here is what to look for... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Here is what to look for...

He got me to become a biology major. I worked as a student assistant in the general bio lab my sophomore through senior years.
Better than bird-watcher Burtt who scared me away from chemistry!

Although he was a cool guy, in many ways.

That is awesome. I remember his lectures were always interesting & energetic. He was easy to talk to during office hours as well.
I also remember his unique ways of revealing the answers to exam questions in the campus channel. He would videotape himself popping out of trash cans, bathroom stalls and other odds spots saying things like …..”and the answer to #22 is B”

I also remember his unique ways of revealing the answers to exam questions in the campus channel. He would videotape himself popping out of trash cans, bathroom stalls and other odds spots saying things like …..”and the answer to #22 is B”
He would also through them out the window of Sims, after the exam was over.

This is why I said we need to sell our Jewish population. We have the 4th highest percentage of Jewish students amongst P6 schools. Only Rutgers, Florida and Maryland have more.

And yet, they couldn't keep a bagel shop open on Marshall St. for a month. No real deli in town, either.

And yet, they couldn't keep a bagel shop open on Marshall St. for a month. No real deli in town, either.
The bagel shop reopened after a 15 day re-grouping period.

Not real what your definition is for a ‘real’ deli but there is also a NYC style deli that opened on the east side a few months ago. I consider it real.

The bagel shop reopened after a 15 day re-grouping period.

Not real what your definition is for a ‘real’ deli but there is also a NYC style deli that opened on the east side a few months ago. I consider it real.

I thought a bar took over the bagel shop space. Thanks.

As for real Jewish deli, the place in Dewitt across from Mario & Salvo's Pizza, in that little Indian-dominated strip mall has closed. Big problem was when you walked in, they had a big wooden desk kind of thing that blocked your view of all the food.

There used to be "A Taste of Broadway" out in East Syracuse toward Fremont, but the Jewish family that ran it apparently sold it, and how it's just a pizza shop & deli, but no Jewish food. (They had very good latkes and you could get chopped liver there.)

The most "Jewish" deli left in town is the (formerly All Night) Egg Plant in Chimney's Plaza on Bridge St. Even Wegman's in Dewitt no longer carries chopped liver or most of their Jewish deli foods (whitefish salad, etc.) anymore.

As for real Jewish deli, the place in Dewitt across from Mario & Salvo's Pizza, in that little Indian-dominated strip mall has closed. Big problem was when you walked in, they had a big wooden desk kind of thing that blocked your view of all the food.

There used to be "A Taste of Broadway" out in East Syracuse toward Fremont, but the Jewish family that ran it apparently sold it, and how it's just a pizza shop & deli, but no Jewish food. (They had very good latkes and you could get chopped liver there.)

The most "Jewish" deli left in town is the (formerly All Night) Egg Plant in Chimney's Plaza on Bridge St. Even Wegman's in Dewitt no longer carries chopped liver or most of their Jewish deli foods (whitefish salad, etc.) anymore.
They actually moved back to the ‘Touch of Broadway’ location.

They focus on selling pizza and wings but they still sell pastrami, corned beef and other NYC style deli offerings.

Menu

We aren’t looking. We’re scrambling.

This issue started with the allowance of JB doing what he did and an admin not committed to the new world order.

End of story.
How many years until the new coach is on the record?

They sold "A Taste of Broadway" to open the Deli across from Mario & Salvos. But the space was way too small with limited seating, so they sold it to a couple of pizza guys, and bought back A Taste of Broadway (now called Empire Pizza and Deli).

How many years before we start to run Frank Martin out of town?
I'm not saying to run anybody out of town. Whoever is the current coach had better come up with some schemes to deal with the portal reality. Blaming a previous coach doesn't change the situation.

The reality of where we currently are has to do with the lack of effort over the last 6 years.
The year Jesse broke his hand was a great team and was getting on a late season tear just when that happened. Frank Howard broke his foot a couple years before that derailed that season. Was it Boeheim's fault that Bazley bailed at the last minute and killed that class? These are wild west rules now and Red had better learn to deal with it fast.

The Eggplant used to be in that strip plaza in DeWitt. It was on the far left side and Brooklyn Pickle was on the far right side.

The year Jesse broke his hand was a great team and was getting on a late season tear just when that happened. Frank Howard broke his foot a couple years before that derailed that season. Was it Boeheim's fault that Bazley bailed at the last minute and killed that class? These are wild west rules now and Red had better learn to deal with it fast.
You really aren't touting JB's last half dozen year's are you? He stopped working. And the team when Jesse broke hi hand couldn't play defense. We got smoked by Colgate for God's sake. And Frank Howard was a big season altering loss? Bazley hurt but we never had him. And like the girl that got away, that was the one. probably wasn't.

The Eggplant used to be in that strip plaza in DeWitt. It was on the far left side and Brooklyn Pickle was on the far right side.

It was just called Pickles Deli.

Not to be confused with the World Famous Brooklyn Pickle on Burnet Ave.

I’m sorry, haven’t read the whole thread, but did Dash have upfront intel on Lampkin?

I’m sorry, haven’t read the whole thread, but did Dash have upfront intel on Lampkin?
Behind on a bit on this one. Someone here posted that there was trouble on Lampkins IG. So I called a source. They had nothing. Called another one and they said he was gone. Has been for a week. That was it until a board member PM me (don't know whether they would want me to name them) that we are still trying to raise our offer to Lampkin. That is where we are at. I am sure we will know for sure in a few days.

Behind on a bit on this one. Someone here posted that there was trouble on Lampkins IG. So I called a source. They had nothing. Called another one and they said he was gone. Has been for a week. That was it until a board member PM me (don't know whether they would want me to name them) that we are still trying to raise our offer to Lampkin. That is where we are at. I am sure we will know for sure in a few days.
Thanks Dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom