Here is what to look for... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Here is what to look for...

At this point, college players better become employees or college sports are absolutely gutted.

That is a reasonable sentence in 2024. Less than a decade ago, that was a certifiably insane sentence.

What a time to be alive!

I have hoping for a recruit like this for a while.
The French kid who was 7'1'' who went into portal from Stanford looked good...He went back to Stanford...Probably a good move academically...Would love a Euro 4 man who could handle the ball a bit...I mean Red flew to Europe, and found our Marek from Brataslava...Red has connection in Europe from his playing days...Reason I wouldn't mind a Euro or 2 is because they understand team basketball...

It was just called Pickles Deli.

Not to be confused with the World Famous Brooklyn Pickle on Burnet Ave.
There is a Pickle's Deli in Far Rockaway owned by Yemeni Jews...Would check it out if you're in the Rockaway's.

It was just called Pickles Deli.

Not to be confused with the World Famous Brooklyn Pickle on Burnet Ave.
I was going back and forth on that. It’s been a few decades since I lived there!

So tentatively presuming the Lampkin drama is settled. Will be curious if we can add in one more player who can play and contribute this year. Two seems it would be tough.

There is a Pickle's Deli in Far Rockaway owned by Yemeni Jews...Would check it out if you're in the Rockaway's.

OT: What was the name of the old deli on East Gennessee St. in Dewitt in the old strip mall across the street from Topps (I believe it was a P&C at the time, not Topps)??

OT: What was the name of the old deli on East Gennessee St. in Dewitt in the old strip mall across the street from Topps (I believe it was a P&C at the time, not Topps)??
Pickles?

The bagel shop reopened after a 15 day re-grouping period.

Not real what your definition is for a ‘real’ deli but there is also a NYC style deli that opened on the east side a few months ago. I consider it real.

What a surprise, a declarative statement that is completely wrong.

As far as this years recruiting, we are not done. We are looking for guys that will play for this team this year.
A guard and a forward. They might come from a few different places. I will let you guy's figure that out.
And as for next year's group, I would expect us to get two real good players in the next couple of months.
You already know their names. I don't know if we will go for a 3 person class. Might. But the days of 4 might
be behind us because if those kids don't play, they don't wait around and are on the next bus out of town. Oh, and there was a guard in the portal that some of us might have wanted. We passed on him. For a reason that I don't know.
Are we still looking for a guard and forward? Wondering if the extra ~250 to Lampkin changed anything -- whether it be one less player or a lower caliber player. IMHO we still need a couple good pieces.

I think, and I don't know for sure, but we will make lesser moves now than we might have.
And thank you very little, Buzzard Williams.

Three Stooges Bang GIF

I think, and I don't know for sure, but we will make lesser moves now than we might have.
Any chance Fran can loan Red some of his NIL? The starting PG spot is still available at Syracuse and I can't believe I'm saying this. Help a friend out, Fran!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom