Here's an honest question- is anyone surprised? | Syracusefan.com

Here's an honest question- is anyone surprised?

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Seriously?
With the way we've been playing with fire over these last 3-4 games, really since the Duke game, is this result really that shocking?
We've talked fatigue, pressure of undefeated, thin bench, etc. Its unconscionable that we threw up another stinker and this time couldn't escape. Even Houdini couldn't wiggle out of all of his scrapes.
Lets now refocus and try to right the ship before the postseason. Better now than the opening wkend of the Dance.

It's the February swoon. We go through it every year. This year we just happen to win until today. The reaper caught up with us

Surprised that we lost to BC? Yes.
Surprised when we get shallacked by Duke? No.

Seriously?
With the way we've been playing with fire over these last 3-4 games, really since the Duke game, is this result really that shocking?
We've talked fatigue, pressure of undefeated, thin bench, etc. Its unconscionable that we threw up another stinker and this time couldn't escape. Even Houdini couldn't wiggle out of all of his scrapes.
Lets now refocus and try to right the ship before the postseason. Better now than the opening wkend of the Dance.
shocked. bc is a low mid major.

Yes, I am actually surprised. Because BC is THAT bad. I never expected them to shoot, what, 70% from long range in the second half. We beat them by 10 on the road ... and to think they could come into the Dome and have everyone but the team mascot drill 3s .. and end our win streak is truly disturbing. Sorry but I want to throw up.

Yes, I am actually surprised. Because BC is THAT bad. I never expected them to shoot, what, 70% from deep in the second half. They stink and to think they came into the Dome and ended our win streak is disgusting.
Yeah, that's where I am.

I thought we could possibly struggle down the stretch and lose 2 or 3 acc road games.

This was a complete surprise... it's bc. NC st was a bit of a one off, I thought before today.

Nope this team can't hit an outside shot if they were in the gym all nite. Play cooney tight and pack the paint hit the three and many teams could beat SU. The athletes on thus team and JB can't throw a man to man against this team. Why not even press and use your top 100 players on bench. This team is a tease. Not because of this game but many others including St. Francis. SU very likely could lose most if not all of their remaking games the way they are playing. Forget buffalo

BC is horrendous. As bad as the Depaul teams of recent years. This is extremely surprising.

Don't know about you guys but I was as worried about this game as any other. We've played DISTURBINGLY BAD these last few games and struggled against EVERYONE. NCSTate had us on the ropes...that's NCSTate.
Teams that were getting obliterated by everyone else, we struggled against repeatedly. BC played us tough at their place.
So no, not surprised in the least.

Surprised that we lost to BC? Yes.
Surprised when we get shallacked by Duke? No.

A shellacking is a real possibility unless our guys get out of this funk. If BC can hit that many 3's Duke can easily double it.

We will learn a lot about this team come Saturday.

Yes, I am actually surprised. Because BC is THAT bad. I never expected them to shoot, what, 70% from long range in the second half. We beat them by 10 on the road ... and to think they could come into the Dome and have everyone but the team mascot drill 3s .. and end our win streak is truly disturbing. Sorry but I want to throw up.

The only thing that can flush this bad taste in my mouth is a victory at Duke!! Nothing else will do! At the very least, Duke will not slow the game down like everybody else does to us to make it an ugly game.

Not surprised as much had we lost to any of the previous 3 teams we played, but frigging BC? a team that had a 6-19 record and was 2-10 in the ACC?
It's embarrassing.

The only thing that can flush this bad taste in my mouth is a victory at Duke!! Nothing else will do! At the very least, Duke will not slow the game down like everybody else does to us to make it an ugly game.
True. At least they play us like men.

Seriously?

Great post Bombay, while I am a little surprised it was BC I am not shocked at all that we lost. The offense has been a mess going on a month now minus the Duke game. We havent scored over 61 points in like 3 weeks, this kind of loss was inevitable. This team has a ton of issues offensively and it finally caught up to them.

I had no expectations to win at duke, but to lose to a 6 win team is beyond shocking.

I know this is a typical Syracuse What loss. But yes I'm surprised this team would lose to one of the worst teams in the country (6-19) and at home no less.

well this can be a 4 game slide by the time they see home court again.

Very surprised regardless of how we have been playing since BMK got hurt. If we play this game 1oo times, I'd expect us to win well over 90 of them.

I would not have been the least bit surprised with a loss to Duke - even a blow out of mammoth proportions because I felt these close calls would catch up to us. But I am surprised that the loss came in the game before Duke against the worst team in the ACC - AT HOME. So yes.

Seriously?

Losing to a (previously) 6-19 team, whose only 2 ACC wins came against Va Tech...yes, I am shocked. I never expected this team to go undefeated, but this loss in unacceptable. Losing this game makes a win at VA pretty darn important. If we had taken care of business, like we were capable of, then losses at Duke & UVA could be brushed aside. I just want Buffalo & MSG. Let's hope this was a blip in the radar!