Here's an interesting Melo stat | Syracusefan.com

Here's an interesting Melo stat

That is an AMAZING (and not in the Coach K way;)) article.

Blake for Melo would make too much sense for both teams - and since Dolan is involved along w/ Phil, it probably won't happen.

It really is remarkable how much cr@p Melo takes, mostly for not being Lebron.
He led the Knicks in pretty much every stat last year; so much for him being a ball-stopping black hole.
He's one of the greatest scoring forwards in NBA history, and a damn fine rebounder too.

Love it. Been saying the same stuff for years, but, uh, without the, um, specific statistics...

But, yeah. I mean christ on a bike — Denver in the playoffs was an aberration before Melo. With him, a consistency. And he's never played with another All Star. Even Chauncey wasn't Chauncey until later in his career.

Melo's greatest faults: 1) he does hold the ball, and when people hear that and then look at that, it just sorta justifies anything else you want to say about him; and 2) he came into the league connected to Lebron, and he'll never be able to be appreciated for the player HE is.

Melo has been on an island almost his entire NBA career. I can't think of another superstar with so few talented teammates over the years. I'm also 98% sure Phil Jackson came to the Knicks with the sole intention of throwing the last shovelful of dirt on the franchise's grave.

Interesting. I hope they give it a shot. I wish it had happened 5 years ago.

How do they feel about Dolan?
It would be a waste of words to criticize Dolan. I think it may be starting to dawn on him that all the failures started with his decisions.

How do they feel about Dolan?

I started that thread and I hate Dolan, lol

its actually a tossup right now who was worse running the franchise, Phil or Isaiah. at this point Scott Layden looks like he was sent by baby Jesus

It would be a waste of words to criticize Dolan. I think it may be starting to dawn on him that all the failures started with his decisions.
th

Melo has been on an island almost his entire NBA career. I can't think of another superstar with so few talented teammates over the years. I'm also 98% sure Phil Jackson came to the Knicks with the sole intention of throwing the last shovelful of dirt on the franchise's grave.
Donovan McNabb says hi!

The main problem with Phil is that he actually thinks he was responsible for all those championships. They had nothing to do with the fact that he had the GOAT for the first 6, the two best players in the league for the next three, and the GOAT light for the last two.

You were able to get the best players in the league to play as a team. Bravo.

The main problem with Phil is that he actually thinks he was responsible for all those championships. They had nothing to do with the fact that he had the GOAT for the first 6, the two best players in the league for the next three, and the GOAT light for the last two.

You were able to get the best players in the league to play as a team. Bravo.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but Phil is a legitimate awesome coach. He's been a terrible exec, but Jordan didn't win a title without him, either did Kobe, Shaq just the one. He was able to somehow corral Rodman. He's not the most responsible guy for the titles, of course, the players were, but he's an all time legendary coach. Under a lesser coach, Shaq and Kobe may have killed each other a few years earlier.

Donovan McNabb :)

Donovan McNabb :)

AZOrange said the same. McNabb had some talent through the years. He also went to a number of NFC championship games plus the Super Bowl. Donovan never had the organization or coach issues either. At least not until his Philly career was winding down.

That is an AMAZING (and not in the Coach K way;)) article.

Blake for Melo would make too much sense for both teams - and since Dolan is involved along w/ Phil, it probably won't happen.

It really is remarkable how much cr@p Melo takes, mostly for not being Lebron.
He led the Knicks in pretty much every stat last year; so much for him being a ball-stopping black hole.
He's one of the greatest scoring forwards in NBA history, and a damn fine rebounder too.
Really need the Clips to come back and win this series to hammer home the point that they don't need Griffin. If a straight-up trade can't happen, getting the Thunder involved makes sense.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but Phil is a legitimate awesome coach. He's been a terrible exec, but Jordan didn't win a title without him, either did Kobe, Shaq just the one. He was able to somehow corral Rodman. He's not the most responsible guy for the titles, of course, the players were, but he's an all time legendary coach. Under a lesser coach, Shaq and Kobe may have killed each other a few years earlier.
I think his greatness is overstated. Phil also didn't win until Pippin's game matured, he toughened up, and a couple other pieces were added to the team. He got as far in the playoffs his first year as Collins got the previous year, and he was already familiar with the team when he took over since Phil was an assistant under Collins. During the 94-95 season the Bulls were 34-31 without Jordan and 13-4 with him. Why wasn't he working his magic then? He got to the Lakers just as Kobe was becoming Kobe and Shaq was the most dominant center in the league since Wilt. During the threepeat you could argue they were the two best players in the league. He wasn't the first to corral Rodman, Chuck Daly did it first, and Phil did it by mostly letting Rodman do his thing while Jordan demanded his respect. He wasn't even the one that instituted the triangle offense that is credited with forcing all those guys to play as a team. Tex Winter was.

He was great at managing egos. That was his gift. His second gift was putting himself in position to coach 3 of the top 10-20 players of all time in their prime. Just because a couple coaches didn't win with Jordan, Kobe, or Shaq, doesn't mean a bunch others wouldn't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom